It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your best morse code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So a couple threads here I mentioned Morse code. Honestly I am ashamed I dont because of what I am going to tell you.

My dad was ASA..army security agency...the precursor to the NSA.

Now there is no Snowden conspiracy here.

Just a question on your best morse code words per minute.
I know what my dads was.. nobody here will reach it or believe it.

But what is your best wpm morse code?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I used to be able to read a light quickly when I was young. We used it for communicating in Boy Scouts many years back some times. I'm probably way out of practice now, not using it for forty some years makes you rustier than a piece of metal left out on the ground for that amount of time..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There is a show Amazing race.... They had a morse code challenge. I was watching it, my dad was asleep.... They had big trouble with ith it, my dad woke up and I asked him, can you do decipher that message? my dad just said fucc yes... and went back to bed.

He didnt listn, just knew he could.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

G,day mate. Royal Australian Corps of Signals radio operators had to pass corps training with 35 words a minute and with 98% accuracy.
Infantry operators had to achieve 15 words a minute. This was the min pass for trade qualification. have seen 45 words a min done by Signals Corps personnel and up to 25 by good Infantry signalmen.
As a point of interest the Signal Corps keyboard operators using U.S. kleinschmidt (think it was so spelt) had to do 35 words a minute and have a 98% correct strike rate to pass corps training, and i have seen blokes and sheila's doing 86 words a minute.
The Kiwi's and the Brit sigs were pretty flash (good) too.
Navy operators were pretty good too. but cant help you with any more details.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I know nothing about Morse but it has always fascinated me..

I have to ask and trust me I will believe it..

What was your Dad's best speed???

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
oh yeah, my dad was 80 wpm

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

tinner07
oh yeah, my dad was 80 wpm

G,day mate. pretty flamin good.
Ques. Did your Dad use a side key strapped to his knee.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

I dont know, I'll ask next time I see him. He had some pretty interesting stories. The launching of sputnik. They didnt know exactly what it was but knew it wasnt a missile test as the normal procedures were'nt followed.
He knew Gary Powers. Had a russian agent in their camp who was eventually executed back in the U.S..
Has some home movies that show a Mig flying over their camp.

top topics

join