It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured military dog.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted www.latimes.com...

Full video

Now that they have him what are they going to do with him?

They are not known for being dog lovers but they don't seem to be the type to throw away a military asset either. Plus I don't 'think they have a problem with 'working' dogs they just don't treat them as pets.

What do you thinkare the prospects for this dog? He looks like he wants to be a part of a human pack and might switch loyalties fairly fast.
edit on 7-2-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dogs aren't as nutty as the humans , they just love to be loved.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They can make a good use of that dog, knowing that the domesticated pets/animals always run back to their owner’s location and in this case they can simply wrap around the dog a pack of remote controlled military grade explosives and detonate it when the dog gets near the enemy base and BAAANG! Follow by surprise attack from every corner.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Honestly I feel we should treat him as any soldier,

edit on 7-2-2014 by tinner07 because: maybe a little racist

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A dog like that has a bond with his handler. Unless they know how to work him, they aren't going to get much use from him.

(post by Mr Mask removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

S & F for sharing. I feel so bad for the future of that dog. On a positive note though, I would say the dog has more training/smarts than most members of the Taliban.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ketsuko
A dog like that has a bond with his handler. Unless they know how to work him, they aren't going to get much use from him.

As a dog trainer for 5 years…you are wrong and obviously don't know anything about dogs. Trained or not.

That dog, if treated correctly, will love them as much as anyone else.

Ysee, dogs are not humans…they don't take sides in wars they don't understand or judge based on political stupidity.

MM

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Who said anything about not loving? I said work. There is a difference. Do they know what commands he's been trained to respond to? No.

But in general, Islam frowns on pet dogs..

Traditionally, dogs have been seen as impure, and the Islamic legal tradition has developed several injunctions that warn Muslims against most contact with dogs. Unfortunately, many Muslims have used this view to justify the abuse and neglect of dogs, even though cruelty contradicts the Qur'an's view that all animals form "communities like you." We are pleased to present several articles examining the place of dogs in Islam.

That doesn't mean that they have to be cruel to him, but we are talking about fundamentalists here. So take it as you will. There is a general excuse of dogs being impure used throughout the muslim world to justify abuse and neglect. And dogs are not to kept as house pets.
edit on 7-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

HEres what they are going to do. they are going to put a suicide vest on the dog. When they see a american patrol they will release it toward the coalition forces. when they collect the dog they will detonate the vest by remote control. And i have NEVER heard of a COlonel rank dog in the military.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Mr Mask

Who said anything about not loving? I said work. There is a difference. Do they know what commands he's been trained to respond to? No.

Oh, well let me clear it up for you then. Yes, that dog if treated correctly will "work" for them just as well as the dog did for us.

100%.

PS-It don't matter if they know the commands or not. That can all be refitted and reworked in a very short time.

MM
edit on 7-2-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Possibly…would be a solid tactic to hit a few targets.

If they are monsters.

Of course I assume you think they are monsters because you assume that is exactly what they will do.

Then again, they don't have drones to carpet bomb schools, hospitals, dams, power stations and neighborhoods. So yes, they may use this dog as a weapon.

MM

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The dogs posture does show it is terrified and upset tho.

www.aspca.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Mr Mask

ketsuko
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh, well let me clear it up for you then. Yes, that dog if treated correctly will "work" for them just as well as the dog did for us.

100%.

PS-It don't matter if they know the commands or not. That can all be refitted and reworked in a very short time.

MM
edit on 7-2-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

Yes, they can train him to work as they want him to work, but he won't work for them exactly as he worked for his handler because they don't know those commands.

You and I seem to be speaking at cross purposes here.

You seem to think I'm saying he's bonded unto death to the previous owner, but that's not it. All I'm saying is that they likely don't know the set of commands he was trained to work under.

Sure, if they are so inclined, they can treat him a new set and bond with him and he would likely work for them, but that would take time and a closeness they are unlikely to expend for reasons I mentioned above.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Unless they keep the dog for their own use at a base, that poor dog is dead. If they send him back to his unit, they (his unit) will kill him to pre-empt damage from bombs (or whatever) their enemy has attached to the dog (either by ingestion or otherwise).

It's sickening that they're using animals in this manner. If they want to go to war, let the humans be the ones who take the damage. It their war.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

yuppa

HEres what they are going to do. they are going to put a suicide vest on the dog. When they see a american patrol they will release it toward the coalition forces. when they collect the dog they will detonate the vest by remote control. And i have NEVER heard of a COlonel rank dog in the military.

Wasn't that tried with a donkey?

Oh yes, it was.

A senior British army officer and six other military personnel survived when a tethered donkey laden with explosives was detonated as their armoured vehicle passed in southern Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

You are right, the dog is most likely dead no matter what happens.

That's what happens when sick humans think its ok to trick animal intelligence to do dirty work for a government. The poor thing was trained to think sniffing out chemical signatures meant "getting treats and love" when it actually meant "you are military equipment".

Kinda like our soldiers themselves.

MM

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It was also tried with dogs…failed attempt tho.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I say we launch to orbit and proceed to nuke them to obliteration from said orbit.

I'm serious.

The idea that they are going to do anything to an ANIMAL because of what HUMANS did...is abhorrent.....at best...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

Ive been observing this post from the sidelines.
God made us host over these animals ,Its obvious they wanted our love from the start, we have technology now to distroy each other without bringing the innocent into the #ty mess we all got ourselves into, how sick and depraved it is to bring the innocence of a domestic animal to do our dirty work in destroying this place God gave us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join