It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British born and raised. But can't get a passport

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

LadyTrick
as I'm not married to her dad ( we want to but can't afford it

How much do you think getting married costs in the UK? You can get married for

We are having a civil ceremony next year and the registrar will roughly be £200, £60 for giving notice and then £150 for the venue

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I like the way you ask me as if I'm not from the UK...

I want a wedding day. Not just to sign some paperwork.
I want to wear a lovely white dress and have all my family there (and feed them) and have a great day. And it will cost money (I don't want a huge do with over the top things like white doves and fireworks in a castle) but I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have a proper celebration.

with our rent and bills in relation to wages in cornwall I really struggle to save anything.

edit on Tuesdayam111428Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:42:10 -0600422014-02-11T10:42:10-06:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by LadyTrick

Also this is what the U.K. site says in regard to natural born citizens of the U.K.

www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk...

Based on that because one parents was citizen you should qualify. Maybe you could try applying at a different office?
edit on 7-2-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

I agree, it seems you do qualify but somebody has made an error.
Perhaps try another office or some kind of appeals or complaints system?

Best of luck through this frustrating time.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Apply to the US as a refuge from beaureaucratic oppression.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
Apply to the US as a refuge from beaureaucratic oppression.

Going to the USA to esacpe beurocracy?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If you've legally resided in the UK continuously for 10 years then you have ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and can apply for your citizenship immediately. Even if you were there illegaly, since you've been there for more than 20 years you can apply for ILR.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

I'm not an immigrant so cannot apply for this. And I am not here illegally and never have been.
I already have the right to abode in the UK so cannot apply for this as its an immigration status as it just grants you the right to abode in the UK. It wouldn't get me a passport....I want to get out not in.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by b14warrior

If you click the link and look at the right column it states that if your parents weren't married you cannot claim through your father.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Update: The danish embassy couldnt help but suggested we email the uk home office. So just waiting for a reply from them.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I didn't say they wouldn't get their hair mussed,just avoid living in a city on the coast or a larger populated NORTHERN town.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join