It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House on lockdown after man jumps fence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
UPI

It says a man has been apprehended... But the link stopped working while I am trying to post.
Here is another link to Marketwatch

The White House is on lockdown after a man attempted to jump over an outside fence. The Secret Service said the man was apprehended by Park Police and other officers before he could get over the fence. Police will screen the two bags the man had with him, according to a White House pool report. President Barack Obama is not in Washington Friday. He is visiting Michigan, where he signed the five-year farm bill into law earlier in the day. (Update: the lockdown has ended, according to a White House pool report sent shortly after 4 p.m. Eastern time.)

This is all they have so far.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This happens a lot.

I have seen WH guards, I wouldn't risk tangling with those guys.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yes, it does happen from time to time. I googled to see.

I wonder what he had in the bags? We will probably never know.
I hope it didn't have any connection to the story about veterans considering suicide to end their lives with a bang in Washington.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We went on a whitehouse tour two years ago and I can tell you the security was impressive. We had to apply for a pass several months before and then we didn't find out if we were accepted until about two weeks before the trip. The guards look like they mean business.

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Sandwiches?

lol

If you find out, lemme know.

Now this fence is a tall iron fence with those pointy iron things on top. It always amazes me that people can simply get over them.

link   
FYI ?

Wasn't me!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Funny they talk about Obama not being there like he is the only evil around....Apparently news sources don't understand the people aren't happy with ANYONE that is in there currently!!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It is funny that they mention where Obama is and that he isn't there, as if to imply that the guy jumping over the fence would be trying to get him.. Now why would he want to get him?

edit: looks like I spoke too soon, and others notice the same thing

edit on 7-2-2014 by alienreality because: added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

neo96
FYI ?

Wasn't me!

Me neither.

I've never even been to Washington D.C.

But just in case, I am lining up a confirmable alibi.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wouldn't get caught dead in DC.

That is on my 'least likely to ever visit' list.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Great, there goes my plans for staging a revolution and becoming your new and most beloved leader. Shame too, first thing on my agenda was complete decriminalization of the sticky-icky....second alien disclosure followed by a wonderful game of red light green light outside the Lincoln memorial.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just thinking outside of the box for a moment, but what are they going to do when 100 or a 1000 people decide to go over the fence as a flash mob??

Do they have enough security to handle that? And what if they started shooting and none of those people stopped? How would that look in the news?
edit on 7-2-2014 by CAPT PROTON because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

neo96
FYI ?

Wasn't me!

I know I told you to take action yesterday but really?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

nixie_nox
This happens a lot.

No doubt even if unarmed they will shot him dead like judge jury and executioners your secruity forces seem to be.

By the way secret service? SS ? am I the only one that thinks that a terrible name for a elite secruity service? I mean there was a certain other tyrant that had a body guard unit called the SS......

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

crazyewok

nixie_nox
This happens a lot.

No doubt even if unarmed they will shot him dead like judge jury and executioners your secruity forces seem to be.

By the way secret service? SS ? am I the only one that thinks that a terrible name for a elite secruity service? I mean there was a certain other tyrant that had a body guard unit called the SS......

The secret service was started by Abe Lincoln. So we had it before the tyrant you speak of.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I know, but still not a great PR name

Anyway your Presidents should man up and just take be protected by normal police officers. If its good enough for the common Ameican Citizen it should be good enough for him.

If thats not good enough to protect him? well shouldnt be a crap president that everyone wants to kill.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I know, but still not a great PR name

Anyway your Presidents should man up and just take be protected by normal police officers. If its good enough for the common Ameican Citizen it should be good enough for him.

If thats not good enough to protect him? well shouldnt be a crap president that everyone wants to kill.

Thats a good idea. Maybe the queen should lead be example and give up the queens guard. Lol
Don't see that happening either.
Besides half the country thinks the president is crap even when he does something right.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have an alibi.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

Thats a good idea. Maybe the queen should lead be example and give up the queens guard. Lol
Don't see that happening either.

1) Why turn this into a US verse UK mudsling
2) The Queens not reall the same thing, Infcat I dont even know what the queen does except be useless.
3) I wouldnt be adverse to getting rid of the monarchy altogether.
4) Our real equivalent if the Prime minister. He the one that does the country running (or wrecking) stuff and he just gets a police guard.
edit on 7-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

Unlike the movie "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN"....
...Between the snipers all over the blocks around the WH, and the roof weapons, inside and outside the gates Police, Military, plainclothes, Secret Service, Metropolitan Police, undercover police, Tactical units and hidden weaponry....

...a scene like that would never happen.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: ed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join