It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman On No-Fly List For 7 Years Becomes First To...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Woman on No-Fly List for 7 years Becomes First to Successfully Challenge US Govt

In a precedent-setting case, Rahinah Ibrahim has become the first person to successfully challenge the U.S. government's secretive No-Fly List.

Ibrahim was a student at Stanford in 2005 when she was detained at San Francisco Airport while en route to Kona, Hawaii as part of a Ph.D. program in architecture and design. She was detained, interrogated, then released after two hours, but subsequently ended up on the No-Fly List . . . for 7 years.

As the video report below highlights, after a tenacious legal battle Ibrahim has finally been removed from the list and some of the details have been exposed.

It was an FBI agent's clerical error made by checking the wrong box that resulted in the ensuing upheaval Ibrahim endured. Worse, it has been revealed that the U.S. government knew early on that it was a mistake and tried to conceal the embarrassing error. In fact, the entire case has been conducted in secret until now when Rahinah Ibrahim has finally had her name cleared of any accusations over possible links to terrorism.

I don't like flying but I'd hate to be interrogated, detained, and remain stuck on this list.

3 things:

1) Good for her!

2) I can't believe this happened b/c of a clerical error...good golly that's stupic

3) 7 years????

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmhotaru

If you aren't going to "ban" people from flying for their entire lives, wouldn't it be pretty common for a person with a grudge try to "get back" at the airlines for banning them in the first place?

You would be pretty pissed after 7 years of being banned, I would assume anyone that actually does have terrorist ties to try and "get them back" for the ban....Especially after only 7 years! I would think it would be a lifetime ban if it was linked to terrorism...No?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I suppose I could see that but it wasnt any airline that "banned" this woman from flying it was DHS who added her name to
the no fly list, maintained the list and fought removing her from it based on wrong information presented by the FBI.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Good, they work for us. They should be held accountable to the public. There should be a way to find out why you are on a no fly list and steps to take to fight that. We turn into the U.S.S.R. or what? Every single time they try to keep you down with trumped up crap, give it back ten fold. If enough people do so, things will CHANGE without the false promise Obama gave. Keep letting it go and they will take the rest of your rights away. You have to fight for freedom and always had to do so.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LOSTinAMERICA

LOSTinAMERICA

Good, they work for us. They should be held accountable to the public. There should be a way to find out why you are on a no fly list and steps to take to fight that. We turn into the U.S.S.R. or what? Every single time they try to keep you down with trumped up crap, give it back ten fold. If enough people do so, things will CHANGE without the false promise Obama gave. Keep letting it go and they will take the rest of your rights away. You have to fight for freedom and always had to do so.

Cheers!

Agreed. The right to travel shall not be infringed!!

top topics

join