Green orb- A Childhood Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

when i first saw a zig zag pattern it kind of freaked me out, but i noticed it was 2 successive lights flashing on the opposite ends of each wing of an airplane.

idk if this is what you saw, but i could understand the mistake.

i thought it was only one light at first because they wouldn't ever be on at the same time, but upon closer inspection it was 2 different lights on an airplane
edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry OP - I don't have any insight into what you saw, only a somewhat vaguely similar experience. Trying to be brief here instead of a giant post that no one will want to read
But I still need to set this up... anyway, back in around the end of 1994 I divorced my 1st wife. As I kinda stupidly gave everything to her
I didn't have much money left to live on - so I moved in with my father and stepmother. They live in a pretty nice (and big) house on a lake. Their "driveway" is a long, unpaved drive through maybe an acre or so of woods. From the road you can not see the house, and at the time there was a "cattle gate" at the entrance of the driveway. I worked swing shift at the time, so I would get there after work anywhere from around 11:30 pm to 1:00 am.
Anyway, one night when I arrived home after work I parked in front of the gate as usual so I could get out of my car and open the gate to go in. On the other side of the road is a very large area that used to be farmland with a wooded area at the far end. So as I am opening the gate, I saw at the far end of this field a large green glowing orb that was floating/flying over the trees. It definitely looked like it was being "piloted" - not floating like a balloon, but also not flying like a helicopter or an airplane. As I watched this thing moving above the trees I felt this overwhelming urge to get myself inside ASAP. I wouldn't call it "fear", but I really wanted to get inside the house.
A couple of things I want to point out here. I am a very large man. I am 6'6" tall and around 280 pounds - not really "athletic", but definitely not fat. I can honestly say that I have never really been afraid of anything in my life, as I can most certainly hold my own. I also do not believe that we have been visited by aliens. I think they are out there, but have never visited us... so in my not so humble opinion, I did see what could be called a "UFO", but I do not believe it was alien.
So the next day I recounted this encounter to my father and he told me that when he was a kid, him and my uncle were sitting on the dock of my grandparents house (they were among the first people to build a house on the lake, only they were on another part of the lake far away from where my dad lives). Anyway, they are sitting there and he told me that they watched as an orb (I think he said it was yellow, not sure) floated/flew across the lake and they watched until it went beyond their field of view. He also said that it looked like it was being "piloted" rather than floating. He didn't say that he felt the same "anxiety" that I felt, but his sighting was similar to mine and happened around the same lake roughly 40 years earlier than mine.
So I really can't offer any insight to what you saw, since I really have no idea what I saw - but still it was a glowing orb that just gave me a really unsettling feeling.

Edited to add: I guess my point here is that I too felt this unsettling, anxious feeling while watching a glowing orb thing. I can't explain it any better than that, but I just wanted to add my somewhat similar experience and say that I totally understand the feeling.

edit on 8-2-2014 by tallcool1 because: spelling and punctuation
edit on 8-2-2014 by tallcool1 because: clarification?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

i dont think it was airplane lights for 3 reasons. 1 i've never seen aircraft with brilliant blue lights. 2 it was too low and not moving fast enough to be an airplane., 3 there was no sound

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You nailed it. the orb moved with intelligence not like a balloon. the more i hear from others about this the more strange it gets..

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

riffraff

sled735
reply to post by riffraff

WOW!!!

What shape were the UFOs? When was this, and what happened to the orbs? Did they float away, disappear, or what?

edit on 2/8/2014 by sled735 because: add questions

Most of the ufos were triangle shaped. A couple were white light so bright no shape could be made out. This was about 4-5 years ago. As for the orbs, that was the only time I saw them and the only time I felt overwhelming fear. The other sightings i felt happiness and excitement. I honestly don't know how they left my yard, I ran inside my house immediately. They were only halfway across my yard when i ran inside. I know my response to them was illogical and childlike,but i just wanted to get away. Its hard to describe but i just felt repelled by their presence. But I saw them materialize on the border of my property line.
edit on 8-2-2014 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

People usually pick up on whatever kind of energy is being emitted from the source. So, if you FELT repelled, maybe these things aren't nice after all. I don't know what to say about all this. Anything being said is speculation, because no one knows for sure where these orbs come from.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I watched Heavy Metal again, Nothing else there is really relevant.

Also, i've researched hypnotic therapy and all these people want an insanely high fee per session, which is sad because i had a genuine interest in trying it.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

That's too bad. Maybe you can do it yourself?

www.dailymotion.com...

edit on 2/9/2014 by sled735 because: wrong link

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I suppose its worth a try, what could it hurt?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought I hadn't seen any orbs. However I did just remember seeing orbs on a video when someone was discussing crop circles. In one video, they showed orbs flying above the field as the crop circle formed. I just assumed since I saw this on tv that everyone could see what I was seeing. That video suggests the orbs are some type of controlled electromagnetic disturbance or something similar if their presence can flatten crops into patterns. I'm not sure if the orbs caught on video are the same orbs reported in this thread or not. I have never seen glowing orbs in person.
edit on 9/2/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think they are remote vehicles for monitoring.. monitoring you for some reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nice thread may I suggest try looking up foo fighters in Google, I'm no expert on them but I have heard about them of a few friends.
Apparently there a German ww1 unmanned drone(orb) designed to put off enemy pilots.
Like I say I'm no expert but rumour has it a handful of these are still flying now.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Interesting, I heard a similar story.

My mother told me a story about a orb hovering above her while she was lying in bed once... Its hard to remember the whole story, I think she said it was about the size of a basketball... I can't recall what color.

This happened in my grandmothers house, where I was always petrified to sleep over...

It had one of those parlor rooms where they would have their "wakes" after someone died. I slept in the living room next to it.

As kids, we used play games in there... Ouija boards.. fake funerals, lifting people with two fingers, etc

Weird !@#$ would happen all the time. Lights go out, doors locking us in, lifting people effortlessly, etc, etc..

My uncle told me a story about a fiery orb shooting out of the small "attic" doorway once... (in his bedroom)

Another uncle told me, he could hear the typewriter in his room clicking away one night while he was in bed...

My sister was playing hide & seek with my other siblings. She checked the old barn, and saw a hand sticking out of a hay stack... She pulled the hand and said "found you!!!!"... but it was just a hand... She screamed, and ran away... She insists it's true to this day, but no hand was ever found afterwards...

The only reason I mention these other stories, as crazy as they seem, is because it all happened on the same property as the orb my mother and uncle encountered.

I suspect they are related somehow...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I too have seen a green orb. I was living in a house in Bel Air, MD and was about 13 at the time. This house was old and seemed to have other odd things such as doors opening closing, etc. Anyways, I was wrestling around with my foster sister and we both saw this green orb float out of the closet, move across the room, and then float down the hallway... Freaked us out for sure. The orb had its own light and had a transparency to it. It most reminded me of a ball of cotton candy, about a foot or so in diameter. I've had 2 "sightings" in my life, this was the first. The other I posted on occurred in Salt Lake City...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Why have I not seen you on my paranormal thread?!

Sounds like you have some good stories to tell.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

i agree with sled, those sound like some killer stories

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Any opinion of it would help. This single event has bothered me my entire life and I cant find any explanation.

Hypnagogia

en.wikipedia.org...

It might have been a hallucination. Though sometimes they can be real and have simple causes.

One time I was in our kitchen with my Dad, when I lifted something up off the table, and suddenly I saw this flickering (white/transparent/dark oscillation ) elliptical shape fall to floor. "Oh, that's just a hallucination, don't worry about it" said Dad.
Huh? If you saw it too, then it's not in my imagination. I looked around, and found this small transparent clear thick plastic strip.

Another time, I was in my parents living room, when I saw this flickering shape - sort of key shaped. Then we realized it was some kind of flying beetle and the cat woke up, followed it around, jumped up and ate it ....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
there does seem to be a lot of experiences in particular with these orbs where the color can change but, the overall experience seems very similar. i would agree also with those who say that these seems to be monitoring devices. capable of all the extreme flight maneuvers as regular UFOs spotted in many sightings. But, they are smaller perhaps for the purpose of scouting, research, gathering information and recording video/audio more discreetly/effective than a much larger craft.

But, what worries me in regards to the OP are a couple of details. One, being the loss of time/memory and two being the feelings of overwhelming fear. That would seem to make the experience itself no longer benign. However, the mind does record all it's experiences so the memories are there somewhere waiting to be discovered. I think that that's where the real truth of the experience lays, within your memories.

Now, it's possible that either you are encountering a biological mechanism wherein you yourself have inserted a block in your own memory as a coping technique. If perhaps the event was truly too traumatic or foreign and you could not rationalize the experience and thus could not immediately cope with it. Or there's the possibility that the block was placed into your memory by whatever it was operating the orb. And its up to you how you want to proceed.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok guys, I'm back online now.. The strangest thing has happened since my last post and I'm hesitant to post this but for the advancement of our cause I will.

Shortly after my last post I tried to get online. It was after midnight and I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd watch Netflix. Well, my modem couldn't connect. I didn't think much of it until I tried again upon awakening and still couldn't connect. I called my Internet provider( comcast) and they said that the reason it wouldn't connect is because no serial number or mac number had been assigned to the modem.
I said "it's worked fine up until now, what has changed?" She said " I don't know sir it's very strange"
So she entered the numbers into my account and I still couldn't log on. A technician had to come to my house and he couldn't log in to my modem because the modems password had been changed!!
He ended up having to give me a new modem.
Could this be the NSA bullying me or is this all a strange coincidence?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

hmmm, interesting. maybe they didn't like the fact that you came online blabbing about your experience, trying to get to the bottom of it. have you noticed any other disturbances in or around your home electrical or otherwise?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

No I haven't noticed anything strange besides what I posted. But I'll keep a look out for anything like that and keep you guys updated

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum