It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Now For Homeless To Use Blankets?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kmhotaru

I think if FL are going to outlaw the 'unsightly' homeless, they should really be thinking more about outlawing obese people instead.

Huge great sweating mounds of pulsating blubber, heaving and grunting along the sidewalk is more offensive to my sight than an old guy or gal wrapped in a blanket.

Priorities FL, priorities.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Then just look right past them....leave them for me.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You a chubby chaser tex?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Yes indeed it does and I fully understand a ban on it, the idea that you cannot have a good time without an intoxicant is absurd..

How can you class a good time when you don't really remember what you did?

Too many folk take far too much, removing that from the folk that only enjoy a glass or two should make no difference..

The problem isn't that it exists but the fact people seem to not know when to stop, its the same with all intoxicants, even pescribed drugs. Its the people we have to educate..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I say we still send blankets and medicine the next time thousands
are left homeless in Fla. by a hurricane. Their bound to catch on
someday.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

randyvs

I say we still send blankets and medicine the next time thousands
are left homeless in Fla. by a hurricane. Their bound to catch on
someday.

OMG, Randy. That is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Why can't they just be prosecuted when they cause such a problem then? If someone is obstructing access to a business, making a mess, soliciting on someone else's property, fine, deal with it.

But suppose on one park bench is your grandma with a blanket over her shoulders and on another park bench is a middle aged partially disabled veteran with a blanket around his shoulders. Your grandma wanted a little fresh air and human contact to break up the monotony of the retirement home and the veteran wanted a similar break from the homeless shelter.

Do you A. Arrest them both? B. Ask them both if they have money and arrest either one who says no? C. Smile and wave at two people who are living harmlessly within their means?

The real deal here is that moneyed interests are claiming ownership over every square inch of this country and demanding that you pay just to exist.

Go out anywhere on your day off on foot, as a respectable employed citizen, and just try to be a member of the community. Make it clear that you aren't trying to make or spend any money, you just want to see people and things and stretch your legs. You will have to keep moving constantly- you will notice people checking you out and if you stay anywhere to long you will be asked to leave or maybe just have the police "happen to check on you".

The acceptable states of being in America are working, shopping, traveling, and going home. Other than that and you're already on the edge before you do anything that had any effect on anyone else.
Put a work-related item such as a hard hat or a union bumper sticker in the back window of your car and watch your police contact suddenly drop off, or rent a Cadillac and run around doing stuff you wouldn't dare try in your hoopti- you'll find out fast that the system doesn't care who you are, what you do, or whether or not it's legal, just as long as you spend money.

I'm twice as politically undesirable and half as well funded as I once was, but I've gone from talking to the police every six months and always getting the ticket to taking to them once every two or three years and never getting the ticket, because I've leaned to present myself as just another consumer who need not be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Mclaneinc
reply to post by Unity_99

I totally agree but take a look at us as a species, there are people to this day simply ticking all the wrong boxes, millions of them, what do we do with them?

A last cull?

Cast them out and await their return?

I love your view on life and what you want, I want it too but what do you do to the people that refuse to be caring peaceful people?

Here is exactly the biggest problem and challenge each of us faces. What can we do? One thing is speak up and I do that. Sometimes I feel as if, those who can see something truly, have yet to learn the skills, they came in like fledgling birds, knowing or remembering home, and what is right, but without the people skills and communication skills it would take to establish a platform of more and more waking up, unity within communities. Are we here to try and gain higher skills such as comunication, diplomacy, teaching, leading, counseling, helping, writing? And do the PTB know this and thus create extra doses of trauma's to sidetrack those they can. Fire their cannon balls at us to try and knock everyone off their mounts? I think these things at times.

For in the end there are 2 ways to tackle things, one is teams of wide awake and very well spoken, but tough, not compromising, citizens that have the round table support of the majority in their communities meeting over and over with the leaders shining their light, so that its clear who they're dealing with. The Inner Michael has awoke, the inner Goodness remembers. The leaders do have a clue on what this would mean and what it would take. But I also believe they will not willingly give up power. There is a psychology to psychopathy, beyond the need to control others. Its this, there are doors in one psyche that if opened, ie. if the person who has harmed many, wakes up and realizes he/she was wrong. They would break into a thousand pieces, these cold elitists would go stark raving mad.

They can't go near those doors, and need a lot of help to do so, support to start to pull away from what they've often willingly, though possibly less willing than we know. We really don't know if we walked that path from childhood would we be like them or even worse. Do we know that?

So, along with really shining light and possibly influencing the higher levels in large numbers, the only other solution is to actually form first levels of governments like jury duty amongst awake and aware communities, who then can list all the problems and start to tackle them, such as providing yurts, homes, gardens for people. Such as those with land committing a couple acres to aquaponics. Just a few wealthy land owners doing that and delivery trucks giving food each week to all who sign up, and energy devices.....and you could feed an entire city.

We have the abilities in groups, but not as individuals. Unless we're sitting on alot of resources. Those with more are even more responsible for using them to create a good world. The more given, the more responsibility one has.

All I know is right now, speaking up when anything happens is important and I try to do that. We've had surveillance, so know the posts get through and thus, speaking up is the right thing to do.
edit on 10-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Add sleeves to the blankets. Problem solved. Keep the anti-blanket Nazi's away from private citizens by calling the sleeved blankets....coats.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

That's it! The Nazi's are trying to off a crap investment in Snuggies.

IDK!
edit on 11-2-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The point being that for every loss of liberty written into law, there's a way around it. "No, officer. This clearly has sleeves and since blankets don't have sleeves, I'm obviously not breaking the law". (Gather your revenue elsewhere!-to be muttered under your breath)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

destination now
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Yes, until they're on your doorstep, urinating and setting fires outside your door. It's very easy to take the high moral ground when you don't have to put up with it outside your own home, because when the homeless woman I mentioned in my previous post, decides to bunk down in my close, believe me, I do not feel safe in my own home and then in the morning, you need to disinfect the stairs because of the smell of urine! Not pleasant I can assure you!

Well maybe they would not be bunking in your door if they had somewhere else
to sleep! We have a responsibility to house, clothe and give purpose to those
able to contribute to society! To those that can't we have the responsibility
to institutionalize them in a safe and secure environment! The moral high
ground should not be so high or we should not call ourselves civilized!
The truth is I would rather see these people put down then out on the
street suffering! The only reason why these people are out there is
because our society has failed them! I realize there are many people
that don't think it should be their responsibility to care for these
people but if that's true then it's a small price to pay just to hose
off a bit of stink! In denying our responsibility there is more to
us stinking then the smell!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Mclaneinc
reply to post by Unity_99

What do you do to people who think putting people in prison for crimes against humanity is actually against that persons humanity?

There have to be rules, we simply don't have the skill to survive as a people without them, we have become too civilised. Hunter gatherer instincts are too suppressed now.

How do you figure that we have become too civilized?
I don't see us that way and feel we have become less
civil to each other over the past 50 years in general!
There are things that were horrible 50 years ago like
the conditions in state mental hospitals, racism and
bigotry but these are all the same things we now
contend with as well! Years ago children had respect
for their elders and their parents but today they
have no respect for anything! We also had respect
for law enforcement officers and they had respect
for those people they had to deal with but today the
police treat us all like criminals! We no longer even
have respect for each other and most people are
two faced! Our government no longer helps its
citizens but only spies on and looks for ways to
take advantage of us! The same is true for the
corporate world as well! There are more violent
crimes today and more of the population is incarcerated.
We have become more predatory as a society then
at any time in our past IMHO and it seems like every
decade it only gets worse! At one time the majority
had respect for life but today we only consider how
we can exploit it! I don't know how this world has
become so bad so fast but I do know if we fail to
unite as a people to begin to solve these problems
then we will definitely end up destroying ourselves
and at the very least our way of life! Maybe this is
what needs to happen before we can come together
and rebuild our world for all the species that live here!
Until we humble ourselves before our creator whether
that is God, nature or some other mechanism that we
do not as yet understand then our arrogance and narci-
ssism will eventually destroy us and maybe this is the
only way to save the rest of the species on this world.
I hope not for the sake of our children! I feel the very
young seem to have a greater understanding of what is
most important in life! Maybe this is because after we
have been alive too long we are corrupted by too many
evil influences! So maybe the children should lead us.
They can't do any worse!
edit on 14-2-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The middle east and sharia conditions have existed over much of the world for a long time, with pockets of civilization along the way.

Even today, if you're living in a relatively free country with a middle class you have far more options than most known past civilizations.

Also, the problems we have ie homes, food production, energy (ie clean energy), have already all been solved many times over: think earthship homes, ie long lasting beautiful homes out of recycled and hemp/lime, not resource heavy and not expensive to build in materials, (but as few are trained to do it, labor intensive), aquaponics and clean energy: first the one they keep from us, cavitation!!! but tide/wave, wind, geo thermal, solar, etc, no need whatsoever for any of their polluting energies PERIOD.

We've already solved the problems on a basic low level yet still advanced way.

By the way, living in backwards technology is not advanced, its alot like the streets of Calcutta. No one wants to go there.

But the way we're allowing very negative beings to rape earth and people is a little crazy as well.

Its up to us to wake up communities and help them create wonderful beacons of light that show the way. One region at a time.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

it's a small price to pay just to hose
off a bit of stink! In denying our responsibility there is more to
us stinking then the smell!

Or if due to a total lack of her responsibility, she sets fire to the place and kills me and my daughter, then we, through no fault of our own, pay the ultimate price!

Other than that though, what a load of crock...me nor anyone else can be responsible for her bad choices. Yes, she should be in an institution where she can't get alcohol and gets help with her mental health issues, but she isn't and I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do about that and if you honestly think that by just accepting her presence and cleaning up after her is going to help her, then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

On another note, I don't know if you're using a phone to type your messages, but the formatting makes it really difficult to read.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thomas Payne- agrarian justice It's simply not true that you have no responsibility for your fellow man.
Civilization destroys and over harvests the natural environment, depriving outsiders of the opportunity to live. Because civilization has deprived people of the right to live naturally through no choice of their own, it is indebted to all for the original value of the natural resources, before improvement.

Thus when you drain the Colorado river to make golf courses and water parks in the freaking Mojave, you don't have to let the homeless golf or water slide, but you can't let them die of thirst because you took free water and want to charge them for it.

The trees and the dirt and all the makings of a safe warm fire in nature were taken away to make room for your buildings, so if you don't replace the access to warmth you took from those who don't participate in fulltime consumerism, you have no right to complain if they start a trash fire. Humanity was here first- civilization has no right to displace it. Why is it that wild animals get more respect than "wild" humans?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I can understand that, but many are not going to harm anyone other than themselves when they are unable to stay off the streets. Utah's program puts people in different apartments, and does do follow up care on them to make sure they get all the services that are available for them too.

Works better than making laws against feeding the homeless..or allowing them to sleep, in the name of all that's holy, just criminalizing someone who sleeps..that's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was homeless a couple years ago. Thankfully, I was homeless in a city that actually has some humanity to it: Seattle. They have many resources for homeless people to use, such as shelters, showers and laundries to clean up, clothing banks, day clinics for the sick, day labor places for work possibilities. Most of these places were run by private charities. Sadly, though, there is often not enough to take care of everyone.

From my experience, the vast majority of homeless people are, despite what many conservatives I have talked to say, are severely mentally ill, very sick, had a family crisis, or were elderly. There are a few useless bums amongst them, but the majority they are not. And since the closure of all the state hospitals, these people have nowhere to go. They do not have families that will take them in, they have no friends. They have no connections or networks to help support them. If I were to break it down, I'd say about half of homeless people are mentally ill to the point they can't take care of themselves. One third were older people, whose social security check does not cover the rent. about one third had some severe illness or disability. Three quarters were on the streets because of family issues, mainly families that didn't care, abusive families, or were too poor and virtually homeless themselves. I'd say about 1/3 had drug or alcohol issues, and for those who had issues with substance, half developed it on the street. About 1/4 were normal, healthy people with no drug or mental issues, who were looking for a way off the streets through jobs. I would say about 1 out of every 20 was purely a lazy bum who, other than a drug or booze habit, was perfectly normal, capable, just unwilling to do anything but panhandle. There are a few people who actually live it as a lifestyle. But they are the minority.

Thus, criminalizing them for not having anything is at best, a fascist sentiment. To lock people up simply because they have no home is criminal in itself. Its a free country, and that applies to the have nots as much as the haves. I can understand a private business not wanting loitering on their grounds. But public owned areas such as parks, bus stops, subways, ect, are the domain of the entire citizenry, of which the homeless are a part of. They have every right to crash there, as far as I am concerned, if there are no shelters available, or the shelters are full.

Denying them blankets is not only immoral, but should be illegal. I am hoping a higher court gets wind of this and strikes this down, as no one has the right to tell you you can't cover yourself, keep warm, or survive. NO ONE.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

While there is some compassion element to it, there are far less homeless in Seattle than any Florida city. Florida is warm, and attracts the "career" homeless. The folks who will likely never have stability, and likely have mental issues. Your situation was more like you are a productive person that hit a rough patch. Seattle's homeless are most likely more like that, than the folks you would see in the south. That, and the seriously mentally ill who just never make it down south.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

TwiztidRoman
reply to post by Aazadan

That's true. What could happen to help people with the mental illness is making it a housing where people check on them and help them with their illness.

This is what we should have done when we closed so many mental hospitals..create halfway houses for them..like exist still today in an tiny amount, mostly for developmentally disabled adults..we need to create these is much larger numbers for the homeless mentally ill.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join