It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rats - not Humans - will dominate Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I don't know man, this isn't really the premise of the article though. The article suggests that rats will inherit the earth. It doesn't say how they will usurp humans to do so though.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Mianeye

I think you give to much credit to the master race called " The Elite ", one rat bite in those bunkers could vipe them out.

Where there are people there are rats.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

I think you underestimate them....People with all the money in the world can accomplish anything they want at any time for any reason....They have no setbacks, no holdbacks, nothing....They can have cures to cancer, aids, etc and nobody would be the wiser....Don't underestimate the real POWER in money....All the money

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

What is a human sized rat going to do, when I leap onto its back, plunge two eight inch, razor sharp blades either side of its neck bone, severing several important muscles and blood vessels, then drag those blades down either side of its spine as it twitches in agony, before pulling its god damned backbone out and happy slapping the ever loving hell out of it with its own vertebrae?

What's it going to do when it gets a face full of hydrochloric acid, followed by a nail gun to the skull? How about a two inch thick broom handle, fired from a compressed gas cannon, hitting it with enough force to push that spear right down its throat and out of its rear end?

If there are any humans around, they will always crush any giant rat, because smart as rats are, it does not matter how big they get, they will never be as capable as we are. We would make sure of that, by butchering the smartest and the strongest of them. It's how we roll.
edit on 7-2-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammar edit

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So in case of a Rat Infestation, throw money at them

Btw, we are oftopic

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Seriously?

My lord, you actually believe this?

What is a human sized rat going to do against a pistol? Or an AK or any assault rifle for that matter? You can't believe an animal/rodent can take over....Look at Lions, elephants, etc that are much bigger than humans, they didn't take over the world yet and they are much more formidable than a stupid filthy rat....

Yes dude but there are more rats in NYC than people, imagine if they ALL were 200lbs?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

gardener
www.forbes.com...

Giant Rats To Inherit The Earth

Forget Planet of the Apes; in the distant future, the Earth will be populated by giant rats.

Some of them could grow to weigh as much as people.

“Given enough time, rats could probably grow to be at least as large as the capybara. The world’s largest rodent that lives today can reach 80kg (175lbs),” said Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, a paelobiologist at Leicester University. “If the ecospace was sufficiently empty, then they could get larger still.”

Interesting. So, after humans get exterminated by NWO or whoever, rats will inherity the earth and grow to larger than humans (and likely way more muscle than just blubbery human fat).

Wonder how intelligent they will get? Doubt they'd wipe themselves out like humans, but who knows..

the will have to fight with the giant cockroaches first and probably lose.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Mianeye

So in case of a Rat Infestation, throw money at them

Btw, we are oftopic

Going by how politicians solve problems, it works for all of humans' other problems. Oh wait... No it doesn't.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So according to this article only our politicians and lobbyist will survive in the future. Or do we just properly classify them in the future?

edit on 19228America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2014 14:19:32 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

How is that arrogant? You actually believe someone is able to kill off the elites in the underground bunkers far from reach of normal people? God would be the only other answer to get rid of those people...You explain how else and I will listen.

It will be God who does finish them off, but only after he takes his chosen few. Even says in the bible that man will be trembling in fear hiding in the caves. But, that won't do them any good.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
To heck with you all!

I bow down to our new rat overlords.

All hail the King Rat!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Hmm I am afraid it is already too late, they already run the world as the genus bankers and politicians indeed these two species are so pervasive even the domestic cat can not counter there disease spreading influence and they have contiminated every facet of the biosphere with there grubby little paw's and tend to drool all over your assets which they invariably find a way of getting a bite out of.

Seriously though until monsanto started playing with genetic's I thought it was going to be the cockroach but now I fear the day of the wheat/pig/piranha hybrid which will likely consume the farmers first then seek out the rest of us.

No they do have a good point. All large mammals alive came from rat like ancestors if you are a darwinian that is and therefor since the rat is clever, adaptible, has a high birth rate and mutates fast for a mammal and even for a rodent then who know's but they would likely not be actually rats anymore, and what if an experiment rat with human genes to study parkinsons escaped spreading the genes for human neurological cell's throughout the rat population., Now I am being serious there.

edit on 7-2-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nope, not going to happen while cats, owls, coyotes and foxes have freedom to kill them. There's nothing my big ole male cat would rather do than stalk and catch a huge rat for an afternoon snack. He is so proud of himself when he drops it at my feet and beams up at me, "See what I saved you from..."
Just yesterday I saw a beautiful red fox trotting across the yard with what was either a monster mouse or a small rat. I find plenty of owl "pellets" containing rat skulls so unless all their predators are wiped out...
Ants though? I can see that happening...I've been at war with them for over 20 years...and the periodic waves of them still invade...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Yeah, one rat is no problem for a cat, but a thousend or more and your cat will be outnumbered.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's reasonable to assume that rats and other small generalist, hard to kill mammals will come out on top in the event of a large mass extinction. After all, when the dinosaurs suffered their mass extinction a certain small, generalist, hard to kill mammal that was a direct ancestor of ours survived the aftermath and split off many new species to fill the vacant ecological niches previously filled by dinos.

Also the article stole it's premise from the book Evolution by Stephen Baxter en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Look at NYC, the rats there are getting pretty big and they are EVERYWHERE. Just go down into the subway system on a quiet day and listen.

There are 'quiet days' in the NYC subways??

Didn't know that!!
Never been there.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have often heard the statement that rats have killed more people than every war in history. when you consider that they have spread the bubonic plauge as well as a whole host of other bacteria, viruses and parasites. (www.macroevolution.net...)
Plus they do massive damage to crops. If any animal could wipe humans out I would say rats could be the best ones to do it. But as for giant rats that could be difficult considering if humans died out there would be alot more hungry cats and alot less garbage for them to eat so they might just stay the same. Not that I'm an expert on this subject.

<< 1   >>

join