It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BREAKING Airliner from Ukraine forced to land in Turkey after hijack attempt: media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Leonidas

That is just fundamentally untrue. Ukraine is a vast country by European standards and has different regions with their own cultures. Eastern Ukraine is more aligned with Moscow but western Ukraine is strongly European and has great desire to a reputation independent of Russia. To say that the official government statements represents the will of all the people is just a lie, or a terribly naive statement that ignores the reality of what is happening and what people think.

I'm telling you about the results of the research made about month before the date of singing the agreement with EU. More than 50% of population said that they would rather join to the union with Russia then EU.

And I know that Ukraine is split in two (or even three) parts and I even started with that in my last post.

P.S.: Maybe talking about majority that wants closer ties with Russia was a bit off but the fact is that over 50% of people in the research answered that way. (sorry, but I can't find that link anymore .. I tried)
edit on 9-2-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join