It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BREAKING Airliner from Ukraine forced to land in Turkey after hijack attempt: media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by _Del_

Sounds like a good way to set up a diversion now a days, with all the warnings about toothpaste bombs and the obvious unrest around the Ukraine and others nations in that region it makes a great distraction even for the official agencies monitoring it. If you time it just right you could drive a couple of trucks right through a border crossing while orders and alerts are being sent out or even rescinded.

More likely that the plan was to sit on the ground in Sochi and make all sorts of demands on the world's biggest stage. If anything, something like that raises alertness levels and tension at border crossings.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Thank you for posting this...this has been confirmed. The person who wanted to hijack the plane is now in custody.

S & F

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

For me it is exactly the opposite, classic misdirection.

Oh look the threat has passed, lets watch the Olympics now!

What? A large truck?

Just wave it thru, we got the bad people already and paired figure skating is on.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I'm guessing you have a job with the TSA. I'm hoping the border crossing guards take their job more seriously than you and your co-workers

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I would never work for the TSA, and lets face it. If the massive corruption and current state of Sochis hotels is any indication then all bets are off on the reliability of their border guards. They couldn't even finish sidewalks or put the manhole covers on after all.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Yes, it's true what you say. Just think 9/11 when terrorists said they had bombs in the plane. And got everyone to surrender and panicked. It should be well slightly to sneak bombs into an aircraft. And these times should be well said to be quite impossible.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

'twas a joke...

I don't think Russia is going to go to sleep because one Ukrainian was successfully thwarted. That doesn't mean that something bad might not happen. You can't make it impossible for something to happen; you can make it difficult.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I knew it would only be a matter of time before something like this happened, but this random guy is the least of their worries. I think if this went down with different people them flighter jets wouldnt have been so successfull at helping like the hijackers if as ruthless as what most terror groups are wouldn't have surrendered. Maybe they are trying to make themselves look good at controlling a bad situation to down play the terror threat which is looming. i dont know im thinking to much in to things, as usual.. I hope for the sake of the millions of innocent peoples lives that theres no successfull attacks during the games.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't no about everyone else, but I don't have a good feeling about this Olympics. I hope it goes off without an incident, but it does seem like something is bound to happen.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
by map flew ? on the globe ukraine img1.liveinternet.ru... no soci no turkey P.S. ended well allowed himself a joke

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
maybe it was just a false flag because of the US-Ukraine 'incident'. Interfering in another country and not apologising when there's info out there that US controls Ukrainian opposition is all over Ukrainian media

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

baburak
maybe it was just a false flag because of the US-Ukraine 'incident'. Interfering in another country and not apologising when there's info out there that US controls Ukrainian opposition is all over Ukrainian media

so the ukranian people want to be strongly allied with the russians? are you saying the majority of the ukranian people do want closer ties to moscow? i do know that the stories of the kidnapped and beaten activists are being investigated, i would like to hear where that leads.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Yes, majority of Ukrainian people want closer ties with Russia. And BTW, Yanukovich (ellected official), whose governmet US is trying to destroy, still has majority support in Ukraine and would have won again if there were preliminary elections.

I strongly advice to all of you to read ukrainian media and not foreign. Google translate might help

P.S.1: about activists - you heard about Bulatov. Bulatov ‘said’ that he was tortured and crucified. But when he came out on saturday, he had his ear back, he was without any bruises and without holes in his hands. It’s a miracle. Praise Bulatov /sarcasm off/. Isn’t it weird that he was avoiding police for two days and everytime they tried to get a description of the attackers he said that he doesn’t feel well to give them any answers. After they left, he made a video of himself for facebook, he went outside etc… So, tell me who doesn't want his 'kidnappers' being find?

P.S.2: US trying to destroy ellected government with majority support in a country that doesn't pose any threat to US could be considered a declaration of war by US laws.

So, yes. Flase flag event was necessary.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

baburak

Yes, majority of Ukrainian people want closer ties with Russia. And BTW, Yanukovich (ellected official), whose governmet US is trying to destroy, still has majority support in Ukraine and would have won again if there were preliminary elections.

I strongly advice to all of you to read ukrainian media and not foreign. Google translate might help

P.S.1: about activists - you heard about Bulatov. Bulatov ‘said’ that he was tortured and crucified. But when he came out on saturday, he had his ear back, he was without any bruises and without holes in his hands. It’s a miracle. Praise Bulatov /sarcasm off/. Isn’t it weird that he was avoiding police for two days and everytime they tried to get a description of the attackers he said that he doesn’t feel well to give them any answers. After they left, he made a video of himself for facebook, he went outside etc… So, tell me who doesn't want his 'kidnappers' being find?

P.S.2: US trying to destroy ellected government with majority support in a country that doesn't pose any threat to US could be considered a declaration of war by US laws.

so the massive riots and protests we have been hearing about do not reflect the majority opinion of the ukranian people? i will follow the unrest with an open mind, thank you for your input.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Actually no. You saw about 10.000 people of the 50 millions. At the same time there were antiprotests you haven't heard about. Ukrainians even organized groups (some kind of neighborhood watch) to defend against 'peaceful protesters with molotov cocktails and knifes' and more than 1 million people all over Ukraine applied.

And the fact that over 300 police officers were hurt (over 100 with heavy injuries) by 'peaceful protesters' speaks for itself.

Ukrainians know that current government is corrupt and they know that they are still better than opposition and work for Ukraine and not just for personal accounts (same thing all over Southern Europe - Spain, Portugal, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary). And not signing with EU was expected too.

P.S.: I looked closely into Bulatov case in the Ukrainian media and police thinks that he wasn't kidnaped. Injuries that weren't there, refusing to help police to find his attackers and him downloading songs from iTunes at the same time he said he was being tortured is showing that something in his story is wrong

edit on 8-2-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
200,000 pro eu protesters

this link says there were 200,000 + protesters. it also says vitali klitschko is pro eu, he is turning down lucrative boxing matches in order to pursue a career in politics. perhaps vitali stands to make even more money by pushing his country to a pro-western democracy? i would like to see some links from the other point of view, can you post some?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

conspiracy nut
200,000 pro eu protesters

this link says there were 200,000 + protesters. it also says vitali klitschko is pro eu, he is turning down lucrative boxing matches in order to pursue a career in politics. perhaps vitali stands to make even more money by pushing his country to a pro-western democracy? i would like to see some links from the other point of view, can you post some?

First, you have to look at this map:
Ukraine: 2010 election outcome and Jan. 2014 protest status

Second:
Ukraine's east-west divide

and (you have to read this one):
“Everything is annihilated”: the split of Ukraine on the basis of economic data (important text). (eastern part of the Ukraine is heavy industrialized and one of the most active regions in the world. About 75% of the profit they make is going to the West)

Then there'e a poll conducted in december. In January protesters continued to lose support even faster.

Research was made in Ukraine from January 17. - 26. which showed that Yanukovich would have won in the preliminary elections.

Ukraine: Anti-Maidan in Kiev

Confusion about number of attendees at the anti-Maidan rally

'Stop the Coup': president's loyalists camp in Kiev

And to understand the protesters: Western Ukraine has a lot of radical (nazi) groups. They hate Eastern Ukraine and now even opposition lost control over them. Opposition already had an agreement with Yanukovich and wanted to stop the protests but protesters attacked Klitschko and Yatsenyuk after they told them they will accept an offer. After that opposition HAD TO reject an offer and continue the protests ..
Radicals a Wild Card in Ukraine’s Protests

Ten pictures that show Ukraine's protests are filled with toxic Neo-Nazi groups

Provocateurs’ protest: Radicals 'hijacking' Ukrainian demonstrations

Anti-Semitic violence frightens Ukrainian Jews amid Maidan protests

'Nuland apologized, but didn't mention US plans to midwife a new govt in Ukraine'

What About Apologizing To Ukraine, Mrs. Nuland? – OpEd
edit on 8-2-2014 by baburak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
wow thanks for the links i will check them out!! there is always 2 sides to every story!!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

baburak

That is just fundamentally untrue. Ukraine is a vast country by European standards and has different regions with their own cultures. Eastern Ukraine is more aligned with Moscow but western Ukraine is strongly European and has great desire to a reputation independent of Russia. To say that the official government statements represents the will of all the people is just a lie, or a terribly naive statement that ignores the reality of what is happening and what people think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join