It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michio Kaku says it's now possible to record a thought and upload it into the brain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Now I thought that was cool.

In the future, you'll upload your memories so your descendants can remember them.

Recently, there has been talk about the existence of memories inside DNA, and now this.

So it's now possible to tape record the impulses of the mind and the activity within it and then replay these thoughts back into the brain. In brief, recording a thought is now part of our everyday reality. Add this to the fact scientists now believe they can trace memory formation in real time and you've got some pretty awesome perspectives.

Of course, this is a double-edged blade discovery. But let's be patient and see where it leads us.

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The guy just saw total recall

We are nothing more than organic machines, some day we will be able to turn off the auto on most functions and control it at will

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What amazing times we live in!

So how far are we really ahead of current public understanding
of technology and the sciences.

20-30 years/ If so then thats a mind blowing WOW in terms of science and tech
capability.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

So I wonder how long from uploading a memory to uploading "all" your memories becomes possible. From there couldn't the memories be uploaded to someone else?

As in "I need a new body."

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

did you just saw Freejack?

It must be the month of 90s movies

LOL the future of that movie was 2009 how bad they always miss
edit on 7-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Indeed, this could mean uploading memories from someone else into your own brain. That's why he talks about storing memories from generations to generations.

@indigent

Thanks for the link to Freejack, had never heard of it.

I've always believed a lot of movies were made with the intention of programming our brain and mind to a probable (or inevitable) future in a way we can be more easily conditionned to approve it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Dr. Michio Kaku says it's now possible to record a thought and upload it into the brain
The first thing to come to my mind is that this technology is absolutely not new. Just rediscovered.

How many times I have read stories about abductee's telling stories that can not be verified and are wildly unique. It starts to take on a very large theater of possibilities. All the way back to biblical times and accounts, to present day "Face Eaters". In the asylums of yesteryear to people today who firmly believe their version of truth to be correct when its obvious to the experienced researcher that it can not be true.

It just seems all the stories are taken out of context, or out of the original context. But with this new discovery, it could, or at least the possibility, it can all be put into the correct context.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Taken to its logical conclusion this technology could quite possibly offer a form of immortality provided you could clone another body which let's face it is entirely possible given we can do it with sheep. I suppose we would also need to learn how to mature said clone to at least adolescence. Then I imagine you could upload any memory or consciousness that you so desired.

All the same I dont know about the morality of such a venture.

edit on 7-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by St0rD

So I wonder how long from uploading a memory to uploading "all" your memories becomes possible. From there couldn't the memories be uploaded to someone else?

As in "I need a new body."

could you imagine the black market after that?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Have you ever seen Strange Days?

www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Humanity is in danger of being hijacked by this kind of mental RAPE.You only use 10% of your brain ,so the high tech class of people will try to take over the other 90% to enrich themselves and there corprate run goverments to controll the world.
WE NEED A FIREWALL FOR THE BRAIN.....ASAP

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Yeah, Indigent, I believe we’re thinking along the same line here.

In your 1st post you said, “We are nothing more than organic machines”. When you said that it reminded me of a thought I’ve had for years now, just expressed in different words. When it comes down to it, we’re nothing more than ambulating bags of ions...

edit on 2/7/2014 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
W00t!

Methinks this is teh awesome.

Copying a brain is the first step in post-biology!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

And you are a perfect kog in there new world order machine.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Nope, but I'll check into it.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
interesting idea, but i think it's a fantasy. we ar more than chemical and electrical impulses.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I can just see it now Malwarebytes for your head!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Taken to its logical conclusion this technology could quite possibly offer a form of immortality provided you could clone another body which let's face it is entirely possible given we can do it with sheep.
I quite understand your statement, and a not so obvious connection to another covert realm, and Ill leave it at that, but.......

A question arose in my head at the speed of light that must, and I mean, must, be considered.

It has been stated above that we are in essence flesh and blood mechanical machines that have a soul or spirit that actually (possibly) drives us, if we use our choice. The question is, does our soul, our individual spark, our unique spirit, make the transference, along with our memories?????????

My concern for this consideration can make the difference between humanity retaining its divine gift of choice, or a population of clones who act, sound like normal human beings, but without choice, and in reality, nothing more than the ultimate "Sheeple".

Is it truly worth having our memories live forever at the expense of our souls?

At this point I beg our divine creator to give us guidance.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

More importantly will this quickly help me find me keys and the birthdays of friends and family?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

That's a question that I also ask myself. Guess what it boils down to is are we more than the sum of our parts/memories?

I would like to think so, which is why i also raised the point of whether it would be morally correct to even attempt said experiment.

That being said, it wont stop us from trying! Probable fact is that if we can imagine something and some way of achieving it, then somewhere, someone is doing it in a laboratory or otherwise!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join