It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing PIcture of boy saving a deer in Bangladesh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A brave boy fearlessly risked his own life and showed astonishing bravery to save a helpless baby deer from drowning.

The boy, called Belal and believed to be in his early teens, defiantly held the young fawn in one hand above his head as he plunged through the surging river.

During the ordeal onlookers were unsure whether the boy was going to appear again.

Cute: The fawn rests on the side of the river bank after it was rescued by the boy in Bangladesh

When he finally made it to the other side the locals cheered as the deer was reunited with its family.

The incident took place in Noakhali, Bangladesh, when the young fawn became separated from its family during torrential rain and fast-rising floods.

Wildlife photographer Hasibul Wahab captured the brave act while visiting on a photography trip.

He said the Noakhali locals lose a lot of deer during the rainy season and that they have to do all they can to protect them.

The baby deer was reunited with its family after it was saved from the river in Bangladesh

PETA !!!!! you have a true poster boy here not those naked celebrity freaks you sign up.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 7-2-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

He will probably eat him later....

I had to...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

Why is that ? because he's form Bangladesh ?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Because deer meat is good not only in Bangladesh but here too

i dont know what to say to leave a second line

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

thanks for posting this. I like good news stories.
They are so.......rare.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

maddy21

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

Well yah. Isnt Bangladesh one of the poorest nations in the world?

Saving a cute animal is secondary to lunch.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Or maybe, this was just a selfless act with a person taking pity on a struggling animal and saving it, showing a bit of caring and compassion?

Projecting your own views and lack of empathy onto others, just because they are poor, is pretty lame to be honest.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes I would have to agree with you but there are more words then lame that I would like to use but alas I have already been warned on here for talking the truth as freedom of speech seems to be limited even on a site such as this.

This is a great story and I wish the journalists would cover more things like it instead of s£4t like an actor overdosing, who gives a s£4t anyway? that poor rich guy did it to himself, what about all of the poor chaps in the wars around the world dying for freedom? not even hardly a mention of those.
edit on thamkFri, 07 Feb 2014 10:24:49 -0600am28America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2014 10:24:49 -060024 by Sakrateri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

maddy21

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

haha wow...you were implying i was being racist when that thought never crossed my mind once...

I like irony...that is how i saw this...you saw it as saving and i saw it as maybe its like a loose sheep from the flock that he had to return...its very possible he was just saving it...its sweet..and it feels good. I hope that is the story.

After the exon valdez oil spill some group built a facility that cost millions of dollars to save 2 seals...after they were cleaned up they took them out to release them into the ocean...do you know what happened? A whale ate both seals almost instantly after they were released.

So I happen to enjoy some dark humor and irony..and that is all I was implying...but please dont lump it into racism...i was married to a foreigner once and have spent 40% of my adult life in foreign countries outside the usa and I am soon moving once again to a another foreign country..I have a degree in geography with a concentration on cultures and the environment....I know you didnt mean anything bad by it but please dont ever lump me into racism....its sometimes hard to communicate without body language and only words on a forum

edit on 7-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Putting aside the stereotype of a developing country...
I love seeing these kinds of stories. They are becoming a rarity, especially photo documentation of such.
I believe if this incident had happened in the western world, more would have been inclined to take a video of the deer and possibly the boy as well drown, and race to be the first ones to post it to social media.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I saw this yesterday. My only response is "sniff".

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Britguy
reply to post by gladtobehere

Or maybe, this was just a selfless act with a person taking pity on a struggling animal and saving it, showing a bit of caring and compassion?

Projecting your own views and lack of empathy onto others, just because they are poor, is pretty lame to be honest.

Not really. Poverty generally coincides with hunger.

Bangladesh is one of the poorest nations in the world. Starvation and malnourishment are prevalent.

This has nothing to with "projecting", its a simple fact...

And how would what I said demonstrate a lack of empathy?

If anything, I empathize more because I realize that people worldwide are hungry.

While its a cute picture, for all we know he sat down afterwards to enjoy some tasty venison.

And I, for one, wouldnt blame him.

Judging others through faulty logic and poor reasoning is pretty lame to be honest.

edit on 7-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

Lol this is such a sweet story but YES you are so right, we see all the "ahhh and ohhh so cute" when people look at the animals at a farm or the fair and then they don't bat an eye when the same animals are scared and crying as they smell and hear death coming before they are chopped into pieces so people can say "ahhh, mmmmmmmm he tastes so good"!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I believe if this incident had happened in the western world

I doubt that would be any different wherever you go..." people are the same wherever you go"..., if the kid had drowned the video would still have been shown.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is the way we should threat every being on this planet.

It may sound odd for some, but when I find a spider in my house, I can't help but save it and send it back into Nature.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

Thats a very narrow minded and pathetic response ..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You'll be judged not by how you treat those greater than yourselves, but by how you act towards those beneath you. Compassion and love and selflessness are the only things that matter. This kid passed his test with flying colors, and the universe is surely smiling.

I am, too. Great thread!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

junglimogli

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by maddy21

I had to...

Thats a very narrow minded and pathetic response ..

Ah another with no sense of humor...while some enjoy the joke...people like you will wallow in negativity....if you read my other post below it I explain more why..but I have a feeling you didnt...you just assume...I find your response to my response even more pathetic. Unless you find my response to your response from my response even more pathetic than this response...we have nothing further to discuss.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Children are more compassionate toward other living beings than us, adults. It's a natural tendency.
As regarding the joke above, I get it but still feel that the boy made a wonderful thing. I eat meat, yet I never sacrificed an animal by myself, and hope to God to never have to; and if I have the chance to save an animal I do it without hesitation. This boy gesture makes me feel proud of him; we should never let our pragmatism overcome the best in us.
edit on 7-2-2014 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mason mike
reply to post by maddy21

thanks for posting this. I like good news stories.
They are so.......rare.

Shot by a wildlife photographer...the water does not look swift I think it is staged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join