It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS-024 and the donut UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Take a closer look at this donut UFO, which moves and also looks like a single cell organism. This object is relatively small and it must be only 1200 mm - 1500 mm in diameter. It moves or better floats slowly "pulsating" along the International Space Station where it passes two Russian kosmonauts.

Unlike most UFO videos this is not a blinking white dot far away in the distance and gone in a few seconds but this UFO we can follow over a longer period of time. The greyish objects in the background are Russian Kosmonauts performing a spacewalk.

We hear Russian Space Command and NASA's female narrator, when the camera starts to track the object. NASA's female public information officer clearly is not prepared when she spots the UFO. She does not have a good explanation for this slowly pulsating object and so on the spot she makes up a "ridiculous" washer theory. Have you ever seen a washer (metal ring) of this size?

What most people do not know is that "for the reasons of safety of the astronauts and the ISS, NASA constantly tracks space-debris with radar-sations. These stations (one is in Italy) are extremely sensitive and capable of detecting objects of less than 1,0 mm in diameter!!! Every potential threat (there are millions of small, medium and large debris) is listed and the ISS / spaceshuttle / or Soyuz are immediately warned prior a dangerous encounter. Ice, space-debris, small meteorites (if detected, as they are too fast) and all other objects would immediately result in action. Scenario: The astronauts would go back to the ISS, lock themselves up in a special designed room with special small object penetration resistant walls that can withstand heavy impacts and than they would wait for the danger passing by.

So why were there no warnings? Did they not see this object? Perhaps because it is completely invisible to radar? See it pulsating? Is this an energy lifeform? A lifeform without mass can not be detected as it does not reflect but absorps radar-beams?

I made a few super resolution stills from the original transmission which I very carefully enhancement. The images show you the the donut UFO in full detail. So ... this is a tumbling ice particle according to NASA? ;-)

I taped this encounter during the spacewalk of mission ISS-24 on 26 th July 2010.

This video may of been on ATS before, I couldn't find it though.
So what is it we're actually seeing in this video? Like it says in the quote "NASA's female public information officer clearly is not prepared when she spots the UFO. She does not have a good explanation for this slowly pulsating object and so on the spot she makes up a "ridiculous" washer theory." I think he has a point, she seemed confused herself so she quickly thought of an answer the best way she could, by claiming it to be a washer (because it resembles one). Pretty large washer don't you think? Bit dangerous towards the cosmonauts too, if indeed it was a washer then wouldn't the cosmonauts try and get it?

We also see flashes which I've seen elsewhere in a documentary called NASA secret transmissions, or something on those lines, been a while since I watched it. (Also I'm sure the maker of the doc is a member here on ATS?). Does anyone know what they could be? I sure don't!

So the washer/ufo to me could be one or both of two things, biological or mechanical, or bio-mechanical? puzzling for my mind to say the least.

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 7-2-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We can't judge how far or close the object is to the camera, but judging from the object is passing infront of the solar panel in the background it's relativly close. The "washer" if it is, posibly blinks as it spins around.

Objects close to the camera has been known to create an illusion to be circular with a hole in the middel.

This can be seen in the Teather incident shown below, but i also put up a posible solution to the teather incident, which show how it can be explained.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

An out of focus particle (or light reflection) isn't a flying saucer guided by little green men.

These donut UFO sightings are only caught on film and hardly (if ever) seen by humans because why?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Flying saucer guided by little green men? At what point did you perceive this thread as that?

Don't you just hate it when people like you jump to "little green men" when trying to identify a UFO!!!

That is not how a UFO forum works.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am often surprised at the similarity between objects such as this and the way certain species of Jellyfish look...

That's right, I believe in Flying Jellyfish.....

On a side note, I want this theme on my console system.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your video is a copy of this one from 2011.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

skyblueworld

Flying saucer guided by little green men? At what point did you perceive this thread as that?

Don't you just hate it when people like you jump to "little green men" when trying to identify a UFO!!!

It was the icing on the silliness cake.

Not a UFO. People want to see one so bad, they see them everywhere. Next they'll be seeing them in toast...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

free_spirit

Your video is a copy of this one from 2011.

Yes and the description says it was filmed in 2010.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

skyblueworld

Not a UFO. People want to see one so bad, they see them everywhere. Next they'll be seeing them in toast...

wow debunked then thanks for your input.....

(notice the sarcasm?)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So there's just a bunch of "washers" floating around the space station? I don't understand. If they aren't intelligently controlled craft, what are they?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just curious.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Fascinating to watch the video, though I would have to assume that the Nasa lady was probably more accurate in determining it was a washer. She obviously wanted to watch and make sure that it completely cleared the area and did not get caught up and cause an future issue. The astronauts are making repairs. This may have been a spare part that was not attached previously.

I can assume that washers would definitely be restocked by the HTV cargo vehicle that provides supplies and parts to the space station nearly every year, now. According to Nasa, This HTV, named “Kounotori” (White Stork), is part of the Japan Aerospace eXploration Agency (JAXA) contribution to the ISS program, and was the fourth vehicle to visit the Station, following HTV-1 from September-October 2009, HTV-2 from January-March 2011, HTV-3 from July-September 2012 and HTV-4 left in September 2013.

HTV-4′s eight rack bays, all of which were filled with HTV Resupply Racks (HRRs), were packed with food, water, hygiene items, clothing, spare parts, personal items, and scientific experiments for the ISS crew.

Washers come in all shapes and sizes, most aeronautic manufacturers make standard washers up to 12 inches! Those with aerospace contracts can customize them even larger as per specs needed. I can only assume the light seemingly pulsating is just that...reflected light from the perspective angle of the camera.

For me, it might be fun to watch and allow one's imagination to expand on possibilities, but logic says it is most likely the simplest of explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

skyblueworld

ChuckNasty

skyblueworld

wow debunked then thanks for your input.....

(notice the sarcasm?)

Thank you for the interesting video. No doubt a genuine UFO...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

skyblueworld

Why did you conceal the identity of the source of the quote? That's not how an honest UFO forum works.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

skyblueworld

Without specifying the exact WHEN, you prevent any serious investigation. Is that your intent?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

JimOberg

skyblueworld

Without specifying the exact WHEN, you prevent any serious investigation. Is that your intent?

Reread his quoted text.... It's at the bottom...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What most people do not know is that "for the reasons of safety of the astronauts and the ISS, NASA constantly tracks space-debris with radar-sations. These stations (one is in Italy) are extremely sensitive and capable of detecting objects of less than 1,0 mm in diameter!!! Every potential threat (there are millions of small, medium and large debris) is listed and the ISS / spaceshuttle / or Soyuz are immediately warned prior a dangerous encounter. Ice, space-debris, small meteorites (if detected, as they are too fast) and all other objects would immediately result in action. Scenario: The astronauts would go back to the ISS, lock themselves up in a special designed room with special small object penetration resistant walls that can withstand heavy impacts and than they would wait for the danger passing by.

So why were there no warnings? Did they not see this object? Perhaps because it is completely invisible to radar? See it pulsating? Is this an energy lifeform? A lifeform without mass can not be detected as it does not reflect but absorps radar-beams?

Such silly speculations are easy to fall into if you, like the anonymous commentator here, misunderstand or simply fantasize pseudo-facts about spaceflight operations. They will then usually lead off into wild space goose chases through 3-D blind alleys, missing any real and worthy anomalies. It's why I composed my background "99 FAQs" at www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html, please give it a look to see why anything close to the shuttle or space station is NOT tracked from Earth, or google 'space debris' to see why "10 cm", NOT '1.0 mm", is about the smallest object that can be tracked from the ground.

Facts, not fantasies, mark the path to authentic interesting space mysteries.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

JimOberg

skyblueworld

Reread his quoted text.... It's at the bottom...

Thanks, I'd rather not sit and stare for six hours. The date and TIME, I should have specified.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Looks like a washer to me..
2nd line

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Several interesting features of the video. And the youtube poster has a number of other interesting videos.

The usual 'space donut' has a black center because the shuttle cameras involved had an overbright protect feature that grayed-out pixels too bright. Even the centers of lightning flashes and stars would often look this way. And flashing was often a feature of a tumbling object or of the AGC cycling in the camera itself.

But this is a higher-tech ISS camera and the 'hole' is real since you can see background structure through it. You can also detect a diminution of angular size with distance so the image looks real, not apparent. The flashing is a puzzle, unless the object is tumbling rapidly and we're catching frame-by-frame full-face views due to pixel latency -- I really need to read up on the ISS cameras, and there are at least four types from three different countries on the exterior.

Round flat holed objects are common in the tool kits, and washers are only one type -- O-rings for external fluid feeds are another, and spacesuit hardware is a candidate.

Not seen are any course changes, which seems odd, since Russian spacesuits are notorious for a strong plume of water vapor emitted from their coolant evaporator [US suit design avoids this]. The plume is so powerful that on a few early EVAs they actually slightly tilted the entire station out of attitude.

The video is interesting enough that it justifies a letter asking whether any ID of the object was ever made.

You also could visit the private www.nasaspaceflight.com website for the archival thread that logged the EVA in real time, to find comments and discussion there.

It's important to keep a weather eye open for this kind of stuff just for hazard assessment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join