posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
reply to post by raymundoko
I am still at a loss to understand how the ark was powered up to contgain an electrical charge if that is what it had. Harte says that if it was
rubbed on both the inner and outer sides that would do it. However we know one died touching it and even if one were dressed in safety gear,( which
the carriers wore), I can't imagine one rubbing away and not getting a shock if that were the method of charging it.
Again, one would need to touch both the interior and exterior gold gilding simultaneously
to complete the circuit.
Admittedly, charging such a capacitor by rubbing it would take a lot of rubbing for it to be deadly. However, if the exterior was grounded, say if
the Ark was sitting on another gold artifact like a holder - which doesn't seem that improbable, it could even be charged by atmospheric phenomena.
Polishing the exterior (note - not
the interior, as you thought I meant) of the Ark, depending on the polishing cloth, would either add
electrons to the surface, or remove them from it. Electrons would either flow through the body of the polisher onto the surface, or flow, again
through the body of the (presumably grounded) polisher off of the surface. This would result in a net charge on the exterior, resulting in a net
charge of equal and opposite value on the interior surface. When these surfaces are connected, as by the hand of some unfortunate soul, the charge
would then flow.
Atmospheric charging would result from charges in the atmosphere flowing to (or from) ground from (or onto) the exterior while the interior has no
An atmospheric charge would naturally return to equilibrium as the atmosphere itself returned to the previous state of lesser charge, but only if the
Ark was left in contact with whatever was grounding it.
Sure, it's unlikely in the extreme, but certainly explainable scientifically, if it is true.
edit on 2/15/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)