It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Oppenheimer on Ancient Places Destroyed by Atomic Weapons.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Whatever the skeptics may believe the indian's certainly are not so short sighted or averse to a possible more (for them) glorious past so such endeavours as this have taken place to try to retro engineer ancient technology's from vedic text's bearing in mind that for most of there existence the vedic tale's were probably oral in nature and only transcribed much later.
www.srivt.com...

Have you ever heard of DAMASCUS STEEL, still famous today and get this, it did not come from DAMASCUS, all bluish coloured DAMASCUS steel (Given that name by the european's) was forged in INDIA and exported to the middle east as well as elsewhere, even today this middle age's mettalurgy has still some secret's that modern metal worker's have not cracked.

thedailyjournalist.com...

Many of the SKEPTICS (I am skeptical about there motivations) that frequent this site as well as some genuine critics whom just do not want to accept have called these natural formations, take a look.

Now this is not Atlantis but every legend has a grain of truth and in this case a very large one, it does match very well however with the south american AZTLAN legend.

badarchaeology.wordpress.com...
www.wanttoknow.info...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
mythsorlegends.blogspot.co.uk...

Now remember ancient technology mean's advances that any military would want to control, it may also invalidate PATANTS that are worth a lot of money as well as offer the oportunity to take patants out on it if whom recovers it can hide the fact they never invented it but found and reverse engineered it, indeed it's ancient origin would automatically invalidate the patants as it would be regarded by the international community as ancestral domein.

www.examiner.com...

I May not agree one hundred percent with this but it make a few very good point's.
books.google.co.uk...=onepage&q&f=false

Great thread so far.
edit on 8-2-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

St Udio
nowhere on page 1...OP or replies did i see the current article linked

veda.wikidot.com...

Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur.

The webpage was given, but not in link form.
Unfortunately, it's a biogus story. For the second time in this thread, I suggest readers click here.

St Udioi found the 'crater' at the bottom of the article even more interesting..

Giant Unexplained Crater Near Bombay

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity.

Lonar Crater is known to be meteoric in origin. Nothing unexplained about it.

LABTECH767
Whatever the skeptics may believe the indian's certainly are not so short sighted or averse to a possible more (for them) glorious past so such endeavours as this have taken place to try to retro engineer ancient technology's from vedic text's bearing in mind that for most of there existence the vedic tale's were probably oral in nature and only transcribed much later.
www.srivt.com...

Have you ever heard of DAMASCUS STEEL, still famous today and get this, it did not come from DAMASCUS, all bluish coloured DAMASCUS steel (Given that name by the european's) was forged in INDIA and exported to the middle east as well as elsewhere, even today this middle age's mettalurgy has still some secret's that modern metal worker's have not cracked.

The method has been lost, true, but the swords were forged in Damascus, not India.
The steel was imported from India in ingots.

Harte
edit on 2/8/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Harte

LABTECH767
www.srivt.com...

The method has been lost, true, but the swords were forged in Damascus, not India.
The steel was imported from India in ingots.

Harte
edit on 2/8/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

To be fair, he was not talking about a sword. He was talking about refining metal to steel. Im sure average joe could melt an ingot into a sword he like once he knows the melting point. Refining the metal is a nother story entirely.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

bbracken677
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Gold and other heavy metals (including the radioactive varieties) arrived on earth in the forms of meteorites. Finding impact craters displaying a radioactive signature is not, necessarily, proof of the use of a nuclear weapon by aliens or an early technologically superior civilization of humans or non-humans

While very interesting and definitely worthy of research to determine causes we have to keep in mind that there may be natural reasons for the existence of radioactive areas.

Star and Flag for the OP.

That's a no-brainer.

But, the man made isotopes were created after we used our device.

Our H-bomb is a good sign that other means of destruction is possible other than atomic. They could have perfected a fusion device that didn't require an atomic starter. The physicists developing the dynamics of the thermonuclear devices just stopped thinking big. The destruction that could be unleashed was getting easier to create.

There was theoretically no stopping the magnitude of the blast. It only took using different mediums.

Edit, our nukes radiation half-life is very small. They'd be miniscule in 1k years yet alone 10k years.

Not defending the OPs statement. I think the ancient nuke thing is garbage. But there are ancient cities buried and/or underwater across the globe. Maybe that should be our focus.
edit on 9-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: added edit as above

Edit2, change our nukes to our airburst nukes (the kind that destroy cities) half-life.... Some tard will use the underground test range results as being same as the city killing ones. Airburst is diff than underground.
edit on 9-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: edit2 added as above..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ok i have a question i couldn't find in the op what were the elevated levels of radiation and where they alpha decay? There is sites all over the world with levels higher than background but what i want to know is what isotopes were found and it what amounts? And is it in a specific area or wide dispersal?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

bbracken677

Gold and other heavy metals (including the radioactive varieties) arrived on earth in the forms of meteorites. Finding impact craters displaying a radioactive signature is not, necessarily, proof of the use of a nuclear weapon by aliens or an early technologically superior civilization of humans or non-humans

While very interesting and definitely worthy of research to determine causes we have to keep in mind that there may be natural reasons for the existence of radioactive areas.

But, the man made isotopes were created after we used our device

Can you define what you mean by "Our Device" ?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

You might enjoy parts of this thread by BP. She touches on Ancient Nuclear War in India.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO I think it is quite possible. I think there is so much about our ancestors we don't know and so much that people don't want us to know. Why is it so hard to believe they had their own form of advanced technology? Technology doesn't have to mean the same as it does for us. Of course it wouldn't be the same. I think they had many forms of "high tech."

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Interestingly in an interview 7 years later he confirmed that "Ancient Cities whose brick and stone walls have literally been vitrified, that is fused together exist in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places".

Where did Oppenheimer say this? I can find no mention of it anywhere else but your post!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

The veda.wikidot.com is one and I simply googled Dr Oppenheimer and radioactive ancient sites.

That's not good enough, though, is it? These are just internet sites reporting Dr Oppenheimer's supposed words. When did he say or write them, to whom, and who originally reported it?

I believe you will find that the source of this rumour is a book by Charles Berlitz called Doomsday 1999. No record appears to exist of where Berlitz got his information. Knowing Berlitz, he probably made it up.

EDIT
Ah, I see Harte's here before me...

edit on 9/2/14 by Astyanax because: again.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Not fifteen million years. Barely three million for the genus Homo and only a quarter of a million for Homo sapiesn.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

f0xbat

To be fair, he was not talking about a sword. He was talking about refining metal to steel. Im sure average joe could melt an ingot into a sword he like once he knows the melting point. Refining the metal is a nother story entirely.

uh he said "forged", so yes he means they were forged in india.
you don't forge ingots, you smelt them from ore, and you don't melt an ingot into a sword, you smith or forge it.

the ore and ingots may have come from india but damascus steel is from damascus.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

I will answer that, I have Starred Hart as I was incorrect but the metal was indeed from india, Hart can be a little tiny bit short with people SOMETIME's but is actually a very valuable commodity on ATS as a true sceptic, also it was/is his profession though I believe he lecture's now and once had the same belief many of us before switching to the other side or somewere in between but closer to the other side if catch my drift, Also very seldom have I seen Pure opinion from Hart though He correct's when we are wrong, still the data about the ancient indian alloy's is accurated but whatever our belief for many of the ancient Hindu's this was simple fact.

Have a look at this,

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Bridge

These are believed to be natural limestone formations and actually pose a serious hazard to shipping, the indian authoritys were going to build a ship cannal so that vessels' would not have to travel all the way around india but Hindu extremists went ballistic as they believe it is a legendary bridge that one of there god's had the giant Monkey's of the forest build for him so he could cross to sri lanka with an army and save his wife whom was held hostage by another indian figure.

Supposedly 1.7 million years ago.

Now these are extinct and had small brain's compared to us but were a dead ringer for a bigfoot or Alma or Yeti,
en.wikipedia.org...

Not saying I believe the interpretation of that ancient legend but many religions around the world (and I am religious myself) are based on actual persons or actions that grew over time into cult's and kept growing.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

f0xbat

Steel is an alloy, it is not refined. Damascus steel was made into ingots in India and shipped to Damascus.

The steel was worked and forged in Damascus. The process of working and hardening was a major part (THE major part) of what makes Damascus steel special, not the alloy itself.

That is, the alloy had many alloying elements found naturally in the iron from India (but not many other places) that added to the qualities of Damascus steel. However, these alloying elements and their exact quantities are known today.

It's the forging and hardening techniques that are lost, and those occurred only in Damascus.

After all, any region could trade for steel ingots with India, yet none matched the steel swords of Damascus.

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

demongoat

f0xbat

uh he said "forged", so yes he means they were forged in india.
you don't forge ingots, you smelt them from ore, and you don't melt an ingot into a sword, you smith or forge it.

the ore and ingots may have come from india but damascus steel is from damascus.

I dont thnk anyone realizes it was the ore that was mined that made it important.The reason the recipy for damascus steel was lost is because in the 19th Century the mining region where those ingots came from changed. These new ingots had slightly different impurities than the prior ingots. Because of the new composition, the new ingots could not be forged into Damascus steel. Because of swordsmiths did not understand the nature of the material they used, when that material changed Damascus steel was lost.There was no recipe they lucked into it literally and the minute the ore changed they didnt know what to do because they didnt understand the science involved.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

LABTECH767

I will answer that, I have Starred Hart as I was incorrect but the metal was indeed from india, Hart can be a little tiny bit short with people SOMETIME's but is actually a very valuable commodity on ATS as a true sceptic, also it was/is his profession though I believe he lecture's now and once had the same belief many of us before switching to the other side or somewere in between but closer to the other side if catch my drift, Also very seldom have I seen Pure opinion from Hart though He correct's when we are wrong, still the data about the ancient indian alloy's is accurated but whatever our belief for many of the ancient Hindu's this was simple fact.

Have a look at this,

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Bridge

These are believed to be natural limestone formations and actually pose a serious hazard to shipping, the indian authoritys were going to build a ship cannal so that vessels' would not have to travel all the way around india but Hindu extremists went ballistic as they believe it is a legendary bridge that one of there god's had the giant Monkey's of the forest build for him so he could cross to sri lanka with an army and save his wife whom was held hostage by another indian figure.

Supposedly 1.7 million years ago.

Now these are extinct and had small brain's compared to us but were a dead ringer for a bigfoot or Alma or Yeti,
en.wikipedia.org...

Not saying I believe the interpretation of that ancient legend but many religions around the world (and I am religious myself) are based on actual persons or actions that grew over time into cult's and kept growing.

The British cut through that link back when India was a colony. It is a series of sand bars created by stones and corals at shallow depths.
The cut eventually filled back in as these sorts of things must be maintained and India has not done so.

As far as being a skeptic, it wasn't my job. It's a labor of love, though (admittedly) it may not seem like it to some reading my posts.

I used to be less "short" with people. It's my fault, I guess. But I get tired of saying the same things over and over and linking to and quoting from the same factual evidence over and over through the years. I should stop to recognize that, most of the time, I'm talking to people who weren't here the last time I addressed a stupid claim.

But you know, sometimes, - even often - I am relating the same valid information to the same people over and over again, which is frustrating and leads me to take a position that makes me seem "short" with people.

I teach Math and Physics in an urban high school these days. So, you could say that I am a lecturer, I suppiose, but I have a tough audience!

What I do here is called critical thinking and this is what I strive to teach my students.

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

LABTECH767

some are, some aren't.
as for that bridge, i'd be more inclined to think they needed a just so story to explain it, much like a lot of things. like how massive cities must have been made by giants since the idea that people built them is too credulous even though there is proof of human creation.

or how giants causeway a natural formation was made by giants.
the bridge is a natural formation explained by a story.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

That was Bad grammer on my part I meant you were an Archaeologist.
I never read deeply enough to have heard we dug a channel out but it does not suprise me overly, India whatever the truth is one of the most enigmatic and mysterious places as well as one of the most populace, I still believe the structure's in the gulf of cambay are ruined submerged city's but as you rightly pointed out elsewhere the finds thus far brought up are inconclusive at best and natural formations at worst from my stand point.
Though I personally believe that Harrap and Mohenjo Darro where not the victim's of a nuclear blast I do not believe it can be ruled out as at the very least these thriving ancient metropolis show that civilisation was very firmly established in part's of the world possible pushing the history of the human race further back and one thing I am suprised you have not quoted here is the near by indian nuclear plant that has had several leak's and maybe, just maybe was using the ancient nuclear war story as a cover for there indiscretion's and the resultant birth defect's and cancers in the area.

You know where I stand Harte I believe there was an ancient civilisation in spite of the lack of empirical evidence to hand but I believe it may have been further back and the age of the human race is possibly erroneous or else another branch of primate's may have acheived it before us though I feel it was us, There are a number of mechanisms that could have erased all evidence and they may not have been a consumer type society like our's, There were no silicon chips in fat man or little boy and the equations were worked out in the old fashioned way with the only primitive real computers being used at blechley park to crack the enigma and not to work on the equations.
So could an ancient group of mystical scholars have finally come up with a method to build one, well I do not think it is impossible even if it sound's improbable.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You know when Ghengis Khan (Temogen) sacked the capital of imperial china there were said to be over four and maybe as many as eight million people whom had fled there to escape the mongol's and as the city burned the street where slippery with the fat running from the human body's and before the conquistadores took mesoamerica the native farmers may have produced more food even than today (one estimage though dubious claimed sixty percent more than today).
In europe and africa the Known settlements were small but in asia and meso america they were sometimes huge as far as populations were concerned and as we find more about ancient egypt the same can be said there as well, Rome in it's heyday was said to be the most populace city in the world (the roman world) but in china there were far larger city's with larger populations.
Even our idea that the fertile crescent was the beginning of agriculture is coming under seige from such find's as 10,000 year old rice paddy's in china and japan and there are anomoly's such as terraced field's with frozen stunted potatoes that were claimed to be near the site of TiaHuanaco (Tiwanaku) but Harte may correct me on that as I am quoting from a certain text (Mention no name's).

Or as in your analogy it was a pair of arguing giant's one from ireland and one from scotland, You know it was a natural land bridge at the last glacial maximum.

edit on 9-2-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

dragonridr

I dont thnk anyone realizes it was the ore that was mined that made it important.

well not exactly, it was the ore and the smithing technique.

The reason the recipy for damascus steel was lost is because in the 19th Century the mining region where those ingots came from changed. These new ingots had slightly different impurities than the prior ingots. Because of the new composition, the new ingots could not be forged into Damascus steel.

no they more than likely ran out of ore that had the right composition or couldn't get it anymore. by the way the estimate was around 1750, and they still were attempting to forge it up to the 19th.

Because of swordsmiths did not understand the nature of the material they used, when that material changed Damascus steel was lost.There was no recipe they lucked into it literally and the minute the ore changed they didnt know what to do because they didnt understand the science involved.

uh no, it like so many other things depended highly on trade secrets, i have a feeling some of the smiths could tell good steel from bad.
master smiths would rather die than let anyone know how they forged the weapons, so that was the end of that. it was quite a lot of work to smith too.
no doubt once the ore ran out it wasn't worth attempting it with ore that didn't contain the same quantity of trace minerals.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

alldaylong

ChuckNasty

bbracken677

But, the man made isotopes were created after we used our device

Can you define what you mean by "Our Device" ?

Our A-bomb....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join