It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Oppenheimer on Ancient Places Destroyed by Atomic Weapons.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Those walls could have been fused together by extreme heat of any kind - ancient armies were known to start huge fires at the base of walls to try and weaken them.

However, it is of interest that there are several sites around the world with these sorts of fused materials (glass in deserts etc) that have significantly higher background radiation than other sites.

There is also the possibility that such fusing in remote areas could have been caused by heat from meteor strikes etc.

Many, many other explanations than nuclear bombs, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Yes... The Moon.. That is one of 3 places I think ruins or tech MAY still exist as such, even after all these eons of time have passed. Perhaps only because of it's very unique nature compared to Earth standards of decay and decomposition.

Honestly? I look for 3 areas on this topic. Antarctica, Luna and the deep deep oceans. I wonder sometimes if James Cameron had the same curiosity, as his dash to the deep was far FAR too complex, dangerous and time consuming just to go 'because it's there'.

Regardless of that last bit though..I do tend to support the idea that we've had advanced civ's on Earth prior to our coming onto the scene, and maybe human...maybe not. I also think Earth is a terribly violent and unforgiving place in long term treatment of anything exposed in even a slight way for the elements. What Earth lacks in short term danger, it more than makes up for in long term relentless breakdown of everything on it. My biggest fear is that we'll find what we seek ...just to find nothing but the equivalent of cave paintings that remain to describe the dust and junk of a long past era. That would be the worst disappointment. SO close..yet so late.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

I was astonished when I read your post. Somehow I had thought that they would always be contaminated as we are told nuclear power station sites are. Your information throws a new light on these ancient sites. We have vitrification in a lot of places and, if contamination does not last, then this opens up a line of thought that is freer and opens up more possibilities for a past that we can't explain or find out about yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

SLAYER69

I've looked into these supposed 'Radioactive sites' and found that they weren't so 'Radioactive' after all but just slightly higher than the normal background levels world wide. Still interesting though. The above quote troubles me. If they were that indestructible why are they nowhere to be found presently?

I just wanted to chime in on this comment because it's one of the things that, if not explained, would shoot holes in these stories. If something has the power to be indestructible to nearly everything you try to do to it, it sounds more like some sort of energy field. That would probably require an energy source and, when that's depleted, the object it was protecting would likely be just as vulnerable as any other chariot or wagon.

ChuckNasty
reply to post by Shiloh7

Those atomic devices must of been different than ours...

Ours put an isotope into the atmosphere that wasn't there before.

Do we know that they didn't do that, as well?

reply to post by Shiloh7

As to the meat of the thread and the whole concept of past destroyed civilizations that were highly advanced, I'm of the mind that it is nearly impossible for a species to have been around for over 15 million years and to just now ("just now" is all of recorded history in this scope) advance to this stage. I understand global climate changes and plagues but we are talking FIFTEEN MILLION years, at least!

Our current epoch of human history is just a speck on the clock. I hate using Occam's Razor but I'd say the simplest explanation is that we have had several advanced cycles of human societies. For all we know, previous technology was based on organic symbiosis or on science that would look like magic to our contemporary eyes. People assume that the path of advancement we are taking is linear and absolute. Another society may have went a different route with completely different results, operating with atmospheric and climate conditions different than what we currently have. Even the laws of Earth-bound physics may have been varied enough to inspire a completely different path of technology! We have no clue but the least likely scenario to me is that we are currently as advanced as we ever have been. That's a silly conclusion to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Shiloh7
reply to post by andy06shake

Sure you're right. What intrigues me is that the areas around the world with vitrification at different levels of digs and those on the ground level is could this have occurred at a time when our planet was going through an area of space subject to number of meteors bombarding our planet? We have underground cities and tunnels spread throughout Europe, Turkey etc and one reason for them would be to hide or escape aerial bombardment, although obviously there are other reasons. Its fascinating to think about.

Another culprit of vitrification that is often overlooked and very natural is lightening.
science.blurtit.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

thanks for the link! i'll check it out. its nice to see the conflicting side of all of this because this is actually the first time i've heard/seen the flip side of the coin in regards to the mahabharata and the vitrification. sometimes you have to challenge your own beliefs to get to the truth....
edit on 7-2-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

though i would really like to see the citations for what Oppenheimer was saying in regards to all of this...
edit on 7-2-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And the creator of that particular paragraph.......none other than Mr. David Hatcher Childress. I tracked it back to one of his books.....and can find it nowhere else.

Although....the Vedic texts do still tell of all powerful weapons and flying vehicles.....just not in such elaborate detail.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Shiloh7
Making planes that could not:
Break,
Catch Fire,
Be Destroyed,
Be Cut - now that suggests to me made to withstand laser weapons whilst in the air (I hardly think they worried about sabotage on the ground and chain saws.
Motionless - that suggests Harrier ability.

Not to be a jerk....

I'd really like to believe this...it would be cool. And I'm not trying to debunk simply for the sake of debunking. But, critically thinking....

If these things COULDN'T BREAK......COULDN'T BE CUT.....COULDN'T BE DESTROYED...etc...etc...etc....

Where are they?

Wouldn't they be somewhere to be found today?

Why haven't we found them?

Why haven't we found more references to them, as clearly later civilizations would have encountered them (derelict or otherwise), and mentioned them as oddities if nothing else....

Again, not trying to be a jerk....these just seem like common sense questions to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
IF they had the ability to got the moon why aren't we finding anything unusual in orbit? anything tossed up there at a high enough orbit could stay for a very long time. Looking at the moon as a depository of ancient tech would be a viable pursuit.
The fact that multiple places had the vitrification seems to indicate a large event. Question: Are both sides of these forts effected? If it was a local blast only one side should get the effect. If it was a worldwide event we could expect very few survivors. We could also expect a large die off from surface animals both large and small.
So the jury is still out something happened but what? Directed by intelligence or a natural event? We are looking into the past through a dark distorted glass where even the familiar looks strange.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The problem is that OOPARTS as they are known either,
Disapear.
Are destroyed.
Suffer massive attempts to discredit them by the PROFESSIONAL fraternity which often closes ranks.
(When were ACCEPTED chronological find's ever so closely scrutinized)

Some were or are the fake production of snake oil salesmen but?, not all.

Now if you look at the prevalence of recycling in the modern world, take stones in england the Normans built some truly huge castles and in a few hundred years they were robbed out which means the stones were taken for everything from dry stone walls to houses and barns and this is only stone so if you mine metal for your tribe and have to smelt and refine it and someone says hey fred there is a really good amount of good metal here are you.
A, going to dig when you do not have to.
OR
B, Rob the site of everything you can then it can be refined into other uses.

Why are there no tin can's and vast midden dumps full of broken stereo's and computers, well maybe there culture was not the same as ours which doese not mean they did not achieve high technology.

What would happen if we in the future as a more advanced society and possible with less people go on a clean up spree digging up our old dumps and sanitizing the environment to reverse pollution and clean our planet then something catastrophic happened to us, then were indeed would the traces be, they would likely be localized to a few discreet locations, locations that would be so devastated that even there hardly anything would survive of that lost civilization.

So what if this happened in the past?.

You mentioned the moon, well look closely at this close up, the image is the one,

Then at this close up,

did you miss it,

The problem is that there is no proof what I and others see is not a rock for those whom claim it is, but use your own judgement and remember this would likely be one hell of a lot older than the indus valley ruins and maybe older than the human race is supposed to be.

So you have a very good point.

edit on 7-2-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

LightAssassin

And the creator of that particular paragraph.......none other than Mr. David Hatcher Childress. I tracked it back to one of his books.....and can find it nowhere else.

Although....the Vedic texts do still tell of all powerful weapons and flying vehicles.....just not in such elaborate detail.

Exactly, and the texts are beautifully written with descriptions of some fascinating things. But the 10000 suns, nails falling out(they were eaten out by rats) and things like that aren't there which is my only point. There is enough in there without the fake stuff making the research of the vedic texts obscured.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think the show Ancient Aliens - and a lot of the charlatans - discredit the topic purposefully. I think they propose things in such a way as to dissuade people from wanting to research the topic. The shows DO contain very interesting info, but like ATS, you have to sort through (sit through) a lot of BS to find the good stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its funny how our concept of how safe our planet is has changed dramatically. Being a child of the 60's I remember the weather being fairly stable, we had the odd disaster but they were rare and localised and outside the UK they suffered volcanic, flooding, storms etc.

But recently the weather has become more extreme and suddenly we are relating to ancient manuscripts speaking of large scale disasters which we are witnessing now. Blavatsky, whom I know is controversial for many speaks of a number of different starts for mankind and mentions the redhaired people etc. I have found the force of the planet in the past exhilarating, but now I am starting to worry about it when I look at my family and our little Grand daughter and wonder what she will face in her lifetime.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

As you know I do believe we are not the first advanced civilisation and the points you raise about different technologies makes complete sense to me. I often wonder if a past technology simply used up all of the mineral or whatever source they acquired for power so all we will find is traces of it and maybe won't make the connection.

I didn't know we had been around for 15 million years although I have read about things found in layers in the earth that simply should not have been that old or have no explanation of how they got there, apart from the one that they existed at that time scale.

Do you think we evolved here through a natural means or do you think we were artificially made by utilising a Lucy or another animal and DNA manufactured or contributed from a third party? In truth we have found nothing we can contribute to an alien presence apart from ancient texts and tablets. (Not that I have a closed mind on these)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

You are right about lightening, the only thing I wonder is why it would be so attracted to striking forts - and in so many different locations. I haven't read of other buildings near the forts also being vitrified.

I have just read an article on the secretsofthesunsects.wordpress.com site which is quite fascinating. It puts a different perspective on vitrification and is well worth a read.

It mentions a lot of other sites which simply have not been tested that have vitrified walls, and parts of walls etc vitrified in countries as wide afield as Malta, Egypt, Iraq, Sudan, South East Asia etc. However the article goes on to tell of the experiments of Jan Peter de Jong and Christopher Jordan in south America which is quite fascinating (If you haven't read it before).

They claim to have found that many walls within the Inca vestiges in the Peruvian Andes have been 'treated with unusual polishing techniques' which appear to give a thin vitrified layer to walls. temple altas etc. They have found this technique at Cusco, the Templo de la Luna (or Amaru Machay) Machu Picchu, Tiahuanaco etc

They have carried out their tests which they detail at night and its well worth a read as to their findings.

They propose that these civilisations used mirrors which harnessed the heat of the sun. I will leave it hear as I expect everyone will have their own ideas on this. However I do doubt solar power in Scotland to vitrify forts in war-time as a possibility because one would only be able to use the one commodity that isw few and far between and totally unreliable in Scottish climes, the sun.

It possibly give us another perspective of an ancient technology that we appear to have overlooked or not given enough credit if their findings are correct. Their site gives the maths, etc and the knowhow.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

I am sorry I don't have the skill to give you the site re Dr Oppenheimer's comments on the possibility of previous muclear explosions but you can look on

veda.wikidot.com

The Doc's covered about 3/4 down the page with his comment at the time of the first trial and an interview 7 years later concerning the hill forts etc.

What you have at the two Pakistan sites are vitrified rock. I don't know about the level of radioactivity present there and leave that open. What I would say is that I was surprised to read that there is no radioactivity at either ~Negasaki or Hiroshima now and its only 69 odd years ago so I would wonder whether it has dispersed in the two ancient cities. I would point out that the waterway did apparently move and that would also account for their abandonment.

Whilst reading about vitrified rocks on various sites, I did come across a site referring to a Chinese incident where a battle took place and a weapon with a bright light flattened a fortress and left no sign of any of the men defending it. Apparently even men with the Emporer's force outside the fort died of fright when it happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I agree that there seems to be a policy of keeping the public ignorant about their actual past or man's and our planet's past.

I can see the greed reason for not wanting things like Tesla's free energy to get into the hands of the public because in the UK our government would loose a very profitable form of stealth tax which earns them millions.

I also think that much from the past is deliberately ridiculed and every effort is used to turn the public away from alternative religions, investigating things we find strange etc

The reason or reasons why is pure speculation but I guess its simply to keep the power concentration exactly where it is and if people free themselves from the shackles which runs every country we could end up in chaos - not that we aren't that far off with the financial markets so it seems.

Its the wisdom and mistakes of ancient civilisations that we are currently deprived of and I expect for many that curiosity will never go away despite the trolling and disinformation that gets thrown at genuine researchers. I suspect that those who plundered both Egypts and especially Iraq's museums would love to get their hands on some of India's manuscripts but its isn't likely that they will be able to march into India and simply remove their records and hence we still have along with other finds a lot of information to digest and investigate.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Here is the webpage that your trying to reference on that site

veda.wikidot.com...

The only thing vitrified is in the ancient trash heaps attributed to kilns at these two sites. There are other places in the world that has some interesting vitrified sections but they are not here. There isn't any mass death there only 37 bodies, really not what one would expect if it were destroyed by an atomic blast. Shiloh I'm not trying to dog ya but these two sites simply do not have the support for whats proposed. And again I'm not discounting that there may have been some ancient tech, but the webpage your using your basis from is simply starting from a false pretense. The information is simply not true.

reply to post by LightAssassin

I do agree but I feel the reason for a continuation of the false info is almost purely for financial gain. I like the ancient alien show for one reason, they do show some amazing ancient sites. I can watch it muted just fine. Oh and dude's hair...I really dig dude's hair.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Please source your material.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

You have proof Tesla created free energy?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join