It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Oppenheimer on Ancient Places Destroyed by Atomic Weapons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You ever get the feeling we are ants at a picnic.

That we put way too much importance on our species.

That this is not now, nor has this ever been our rock.

That we are somehow a byproduct...An unfortunate accident.

Ya, me neither....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I did think that the evidence of finding bodies lying face down and holding hands about the feeblest piece of evidence I had ever read. I find there are conflicting articles on the radiation levels and the fact that both India and Pakistan have nuclear arsenals could mean that leaks, or contamination have occurred in the past. What does fascinate me is the description in the Mahabharata in the Drona Parva book that describes the scene after what sounds like a bomb had exploded. It says that the armies and even elephants some distance away were swept off like leaves from a tree. Birds turned white, the light was blinding and the food was contaminated a few hours after the blast. Drawings at a nearby Temple have been linked to the fear of the locals of the bright light etc. This book gives us a couple of strong clues about a weapon which, we would not credit stone-age man or iron-age man with - extremely strong winds not connected to weather, just the fall-out of the bomb and the descriptions of the after effects, chillingly accurate.

I seem to be finding mixed ideas on the nuclear theory and wondered about it when I looked at the ruins, which had a nuclear device gone off would not have been left standing, unless of course people stayed put and rebuilt on top of the ruins. What is interesting about that idea,is that both Negasaki and Hiroshima are cities lived in today despite the nuclear bombs flattening them back in the 1940's. So we do know from within our own times people do not necessarily move. However Mohenjo Daro I thought was abandoned, which always seems strange to me unless a waterway supplying the area was diverted, moved itself or ceased to flow. It seems stable water is the key to whether a city survives over time as aerial photos show the remnants of cities placed on the shoreline of ancient riverways.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why is the sand in White Sands NM silica? Anyone know why it is so pure in that area?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Forgot to thank you for the two reference sites.

I did look up some sites for the vitrified forts and as usual got both sides of the argument but I found www.brigantesnation.com very interesting as it appears to be a research article on vitrification and its credited with good referenceds at the end of the article.

In essence the vitrification is a puzzle because the sites we read about are forts and from the criticism side we afre given the idea that these forts were used for ceremonial purposes and were vitrified either during construction or were wrapped after construction in grass retaining heat to cause vitrification on certain parts of the walls. I don't see this reasoning.

The other side of vitrification seems to be a conundrum. Vitrification actually makes the walls of the forst brittle and so easier to attack. Now why would anyone make their fort's walls easier for an enemy to destroy.

For me this takes the question back to how come these forts, mostly in Scotland but also around other parts of the world in Germany and Iran etc suffer vitrification and by who?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

reply to post by Shiloh7

This post back in 2008 gives a good research look into the claims and origins of the stories
www.thinkdigit.com...

i'm not sure i completely agree with you about the vitrification aspect. as you can go online and find tons of pictures and research saying the opposite. not just from "ancient alien theorists"

Not from the sites referenced you won't find any legitimate photos because there isn't any vitrified walls there to take pictures of. That's the thing, I'm not doubting your friends intelligence at all, but, the stuff presented isn't true. The link above goes into the origins of these stories pretty well.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is a rather fascinating article about possible causes of vitrification: www.robertschoch.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I did see that there was no sign of a meteor in the lake and also that the lake is formed from basalt rock which is very, very hard.

I am still on the side of the Indian ancient scripts as they fire my imagination but, with an open mind. I can't see how we evolved wo quickly from practically nothing unless we are missing a part of our history that had technology. Its the 'from camel to pyramid in virtually one jump that stumps me.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
the Mahabharata is really quite insane when you really look at the whole story. not only the descriptions of the weapons which are all space-age technology thousands of years "before it's time". but, what's even more interesting aside from the literal vitrification of ancient sites ( a process which requires nuclear level heat) was how they describe the actual effects of radiation poisoning with out actually mentioning radiation. they talk about peoples hair and finger nails falling out after becoming ill along with some other symptoms which are specifically only associated with direct exposure to some serious radiation. these people weren't talking about a meteor hitting the earth. they were talking about an all out war between the "gods" and they wrote it as an actual history not some symbolic fable. the only thing is the Mahabharata is EXTREMELY long and daunting to read so I can see why most people wouldn't pick it up or even have access to its many volumes. but i would recommend investigating it further to anyone interested in advanced ancient civilizations.

As to nuclear reactions, they can occur sponstaniously:

Natural uranium ore has been known to fission spontaneously. The Oklo Fossil Reactors of Gabon, West Africa, contain 15 ancient inactive natural nuclear fission reactors. The natural ore fissioned back at a prehistoric time when 3% of the natural uranium existed as uranium-235, which was a high enough percentage to support a sustained nuclear fission chain

chemistry.about.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jessme

Thanks for that article it was very interesting.

He seems to settle on the idea of a meteor explosion. This reminds me of a talk I attended about Baalbek where we were told that the local farmers and people use to shelter their cattle during storms of fire that plagued the area under the huge stones of Baalbek.

That led me to thinking about another conundrum we have with people all over building underground cities and tunnels. There seems little reason for underground cities unless one were sheltering and hiding from something. Its unlikely to be human enemies because they would simply see the food crops needed to feed a city and destroy them. One reason would be, were it neceesary to hide from aerial bombardment of meteor showers. As a number of these tunnels are not near vulcanos, I can't think of any other explanation that requires underground protection.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Glad you enjoyed it.

What I find fascinating about the Drona Parva which describes a battle is that I cannot equate ancient man's understanding of his description and information written down about the flying machines and the after effects of an aerial war weapon on the armies on the ground.

Dealing with the planes first, I found it strange that they would consider such criteria. I would have thought their entire effort would have been directed to getting afloat, staying there and getting frtom A - B. They are more concerned with efforts to ensure the plane can't be destroyed by fire, being cut apart, breaking up and they say can stay motionless. The technology for the Harrier was qjuite something and for ancient peoples to even consider a plane and for it to stay motionless I find quite amazing, unless its because I am use to planes and gliding so I know motionless needs considerable effort.

The description of the birds turning white, contamination of food and elephants and war machinery being blown away like leaves from a tree tells us of a power these people should not have known about. Sure then knew about cyclones in the area, but still that's a stretch of the imagination when the description says the elephants, some distance away were blown like leaves.

I think everyone appreciates that there has been a reluctance from both academic, political and religious groups to keep our history within certain agreed parameters. We had a thread about I think some German scientists testing some paint taken from a cartouche in Egypt. The Egyptians were furious because the Germans had dated the paint and it didn't tie in with the date the Egyptians officially had for the wall. Also we know that artefacts, reports etc have disappeared quite often and if new theories arise they can be unceremoniously squashed regardless of the evidence uncovered. People today don't want to loose their professional credibility or grants and peer criticism can be disasterous for some careers especially archaeology, all of which leads us still to being unable to explore the many possibilities of our own history.

On the subject of vitrification, these sites occur not only in Scotland but across Europe and India and Iran. There may be more we haven't found yet as there are many sites still waiting to be examined.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

I do not think that archaeology is trying to avoid searches for a high tech race of people from our past but more that we haven't found anything to lead on to.

Perhaps you should consider this (jump to 10:40):

Michael Cremo has some interesting stuff.
edit on 7-2-2014 by g9000 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com... or search 'Ancient Knowledge Pt.4.5 Scientific & Historical Misconceptions, Suppression & Manipulation of Info'
edit on 7-2-2014 by g9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Not just atomic explosions are able to vitrified glass, a meteor entering our lower atmosphere, then air bursting could also produce similar results.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

Thanks for you view which I can agree with. I watched a tv programme of the Rapa Nui of Eastern Island and they told us of the effects tourism was having on their island. Their desire is to get their Island and autonomy back from Chile and get back to their way of life.

I do agree with you about the financial implications on research and it immediately struck me that radioactive ground for archaeological digs could be a downer on the funding and life insurance. Mirth apart, I am fascinated by the Indian manuscripts and
the information they give us. I look forward to more findings coming to light and hopefully some clarification on vitrification on these ancient sites and how it occurred.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Sure you're right. What intrigues me is that the areas around the world with vitrification at different levels of digs and those on the ground level is could this have occurred at a time when our planet was going through an area of space subject to number of meteors bombarding our planet? We have underground cities and tunnels spread throughout Europe, Turkey etc and one reason for them would be to hide or escape aerial bombardment, although obviously there are other reasons. Its fascinating to think about.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just want to mention that Hiroshima and Nagasaki are
also not contaminated anymore!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

I had forgotten about the description about the hair and nails falling out. What is described leaves one chilled and I can understand when the story tells of a war between the Gods, that ancient man had good reason to fear the Gods with this kind of weaponry because it was a war fought above and on man's planet with many men, women and probably children dying.

Its when one brings in 'the Gods' that one gets to the crux of this battle. We know we have human armies with elephants and war machines but from the manuscript we have an aerial weapon basically of mass destruction fired onto the planet. The Mahabharata and its many Parvas tell of Indian families and their struggles. The Gods are someone else and its their identity I would be very interested in learning.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

I can say my hopes for my life style were far higher in the 1960's than they are today and I do feel that people today, especially those under 40 are having a pretty regulated and ordered lifestyle forced on them by every act of parliament which is geared purely to enslave the electorate and elevate the elite.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Depends on the type of result that you wish to achieve. I think they now have cobalt 60 nukes that render the area dangerously radioactive for around 80-250 years. Point is "They" have a multitude of different devices.

When they built the first atomic devices i don't even think they foreseen radioactivity as a major after effect.
edit on 7-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

The veda.wikidot.com is one and I simply googled Dr Oppenheimer and radioactive ancient sites. There is a very good site apart from the veda one which has the good Doc at the end of the article also which I found interesting.

I beg to disagree because the Drona Parva a book from the Mahabharata describes a terrible warfare where the skin and nails fell from the dead bodies. It describes a nuclear explosion as having a great light X times brighter than the sun and with clouds billowing out like parasols which shape reminds one of a mushroom or multi mushrooms.

The description of the vimana aeroplane is fascinating and the concern that the plane could remain motionless and could not be cut, lwhich in the air would possibly be by a laser weapon), which we have not so long ago tested, is not so far fetched. It could be that we are simply rediscovering technology long lost, who knows, I just keep an open mind?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As I hope I have portrayed I don't have an axe to grind except a curiosity to satisfy. When I read your post it was something that was also bothering me in that to have nuclear weapons made on this planet we should have laboratories and equipment encased in said laboratories etc. So far we haven't found it.

My inquisitive mind then takes off in the direction of the moon. Why? is because I think that the claims in the Mahabharata tell us of planes capable of space travel and certainly travel to the moon. I can be blown out the water simply because I own to not having read this manuscript fully, only odd parts and attending a talk on this subject some timne ago.

I am thinking of the distinction the documents make between the Gods and the Kings or leaders of the Indian families/peoples fighting different battles etc. We have a distinct difference between the two. I am keeping an open mind on where the Gods come from and whether they did have the ability to travel off the planet. We are so missing a chunk of our history that if we find it, will probably fascinate us all for years.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join