It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Oppenheimer on Ancient Places Destroyed by Atomic Weapons.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been fully discussed but I couldn't find in in the archive.

Dr Oppenheimer said of himself when he had created (with his team) a nuclear weapon "Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Interestingly in an interview 7 years later he confirmed that "Ancient Cities whose brick and stone walls have literally been vitrified, that is fused together exist in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places".

We have known for some time that the Mahabharata describes, what were considered to be outrageous claims of apparatus and bombs (because they were then unknown technology when the work was translated into English etc)

Some time ago despite knowing that both Harappa and Mohenjo Daro in Pakistan were radioactive sites, another site was discovered in India highly radioactive and from the article on veda.wikidot.com is dated back some 8000 to 10000 years old. Its effects are still being felt by a high percentage of birth defects in the area, where the Indian Authorities were building a new housing area. Another site which is basically a crater lake which is radioactive near Bombay was discovered. In order to create such a impact crater in basalt, a shock of some 600,000 atmospheres would have been needed and this site is dated as less than 50,000 years old.

A previous civilisation with the technical knowhow to build the pyramids etc has always been suspected but I wondered why I see so little about a civilisation that had nuclear technology, especially when someone so distinguished as Dr Oppenheimer confirmed that many vitrified sites can only have got into that state by a nuclear explosion.

The ancient texts tell of technology that today would not surprise us:

Photographic and listening devices whereby conversations in other planes could be heard.
Making planes that could not:
Break,
Catch Fire,
Be Destroyed,
Be Cut - now that suggests to me made to withstand laser weapons whilst in the air (I hardly think they worried about sabotage on the ground and chain saws.
Motionless - that suggests Harrier ability.

What intrigues me is that archaeology seems to concentrate - or is financed to avoid looking at evidence for a previous highly technological society. If one thinks about it how much would we have left after nuclear explosions which the article suggests were the same size as Hiroshima etc and how far down would we have to excavate and in an extremely dangerous environment.

For me Dr Oppenheimer view opens up several possibilities:

Either we did have a highly advanced civilisation such as possibly Atlantis with nuclear capability and war broke out.

or Mankind did not have nuclear technology at all, but aliens did and fought a war among themselves on and over this planet thereby depleting their numbers and humanity,

or Aliens decided to do away with mankind or at least cull its numbers and bombed the largest areas of civilisation or the most troublesome groups of peoples.

I was not aware before today that we had radioactive ancient sites so may well be some way behind the rest of you, but I do find it fascinating and wondered if anyone else would.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Those atomic devices must of been different than ours...

Ours put an isotope into the atmosphere that wasn't there before.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Shiloh7
"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Don't worry Oppenheimer, Truth is now the new weapon destroyer of Worlds. It's been a long time since it replaced the atomic bomb.

Some time ago despite knowing that both Harappa and Mohenjo Daro in Pakistan were radioactive sites, another site was discovered in India highly radioactive and from the article on veda.wikidot.com is dated back some 8000 to 10000 years old. Its effects are still being felt by a high percentage of birth defects in the area, where the Indian Authorities were building a new housing area. Another site which is basically a crater lake which is radioactive near Bombay was discovered. In order to create such a impact crater in basalt, a shock of some 600,000 atmospheres would have been needed and this site is dated as less than 50,000 years old.

This is indeed interesting. OP, do you have a source for this information? I'd like to check it further.

S&F from me.

edit on 7-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ancient Alien Nuclear Weapons .

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

My son told me about it last night and I googled it. I read the different articles and avoided both the Rense and Before etc articles and went onto the veda.wikidot.com site. However there are a number of articles and they are all very interesting.

It does answer why we can find so little about societies that had at one time huge populations.

My skills at my computer are so bad I can't carry the article. I am thinking about getting lessons.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
That oppenheimer statement reminds me of the famous line from Battlestar Galactica, "All of this has happened before and it will happen again", prophetic and disturbing at the same time.

Unfortunately, there is too much confusion due to the lack of real evidence/information. Because of this, one can draw infinite number of assumptions.
edit on 7-2-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Here is some good info regarding the places being discussed.

www.mohenjodaro.net... Great photos located here

www.sacred-texts.com... The text being referenced is here and you can search it to see if it actually contains the scripture used to support the claims. I'm going to bet its this one.

A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.
You will find it isn't in there. The "translation" has been plastered everywhere but it simply isn't true.

The radiation and death, vitrification of walls, none of it has any truth outside of a little radiation that if you do a search for the locations of Indian Nuclear Project/ Power plant/ Testing sites/ nuclear waste dumping site, are all located in those areas.
You will read about the hundreds dead in the streets when there were around 37 actually found. Looking at the destruction of hiroshima and the photo's shown the destruction isn't there.

I was fascinated by the story until I researched it for a few days, now the fascination is its beauty that can be seen in the first link. Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Radioactive sites that are craters could simply be a meteor impact where the meteor was simply carrying radioactive material and or crashing into a site where there were already radioactive deposits.

I much prefer the idea that it was done on purpose by intelligent life like the Ramayana suggests.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Shiloh7
The ancient texts tell of technology that today would not surprise us:

Photographic and listening devices whereby conversations in other planes could be heard.
Making planes that could not:
Break,
Catch Fire,
Be Destroyed,
Be Cut - now that suggests to me made to withstand laser weapons whilst in the air (I hardly think they worried about sabotage on the ground and chain saws.
Motionless - that suggests Harrier ability.

I've looked into these supposed 'Radioactive sites' and found that they weren't so 'Radioactive' after all but just slightly higher than the normal background levels world wide. Still interesting though. The above quote troubles me. If they were that indestructible why are they nowhere to be found presently?

Don't get me wrong. I'm just as open minded as the next person and would love to read someday that something was found hidden in this cave or buried at that site or mound etc. Until that possibility happens, I have to look at what we have found already. Lot's of loose ends world wide with plenty of enigmas attached. I lean towards Lost human Civilizations and on occasion flirt with the idea of Ancient Aliens.

Having said all that, I've got a gut feeling we're missing some substantial part of our own history. Aliens, Advanced Ancient Human Civs or simply the full story of academically accepted theories of human dispersal across the globe in prehistory.

With the advancements in technology I think the next few years will be very exciting times of discovery. I'm sure whatever they'll find will require more than a few text books and studies to be rewritten and paradigms *painfully for some* to be augmented with newly discovered revelations.

Thanks for the postulation with my morning coffee

edit on 7-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Shiloh7

What intrigues me is that archaeology seems to concentrate - or is financed to avoid looking at evidence for a previous highly technological society. If one thinks about it how much would we have left after nuclear explosions which the article suggests were the same size as Hiroshima etc and how far down would we have to excavate and in an extremely dangerous environment.

Thank you for the thread, I was too unaware of radioactive settlements. Now gave me the intrigue to look again!

I do not think that archaeology is trying to avoid searches for a high tech race of people from our past but more that we haven't found anything to lead on to. Yes finding radiation in stone is compelling for a more detailed look into a site. How funding works, or how I know it works for Malta at least, its all about what a find can bring back in revenue.

If a site is found with a massive amount of 'easy' artifacts such as bones, tools, housing, text which are found in the initial test area and has the ability to be made into a future tourist site. Then the government will provide next to full funding (or as much as they see is worth it) for the site. Knowing full well it will yield results.

Just like sites where possible 'advanced' people with possible post modern type advanced weaponry are found these are in the same category as a site finding a small fire pit..... There is little evidence and mostly speculative evidence.

Not to mention if it was found to be true.... That's what every country either needs or desperately doesn't need. Imagine if Atlantis was found and verified in a country.... That country would have to spend so much and count on the massive influx of people (as I am sure millions of tourists). Yes this is at the end of the day 'more' money for a country but its not upfront and most countries want their current culture kept intact, not being labeled as 'future Atlantians' etc. So money IMO is the big player for these findings....Same reason why underwater archaeology is next to zero funded, too expensive to provide 'submarine guides' for tourists. So only the dive able sites are pursued. The rest thanks to private funding and treasure hunters.

Sorry turned out to be a long post... wanted to explain my point of view why we are not finding more of our past that could link with ancient nukes.......unless there aren't any

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Wouldn't surprise me, as if the good Doc is correct we are looking at us rediscovering a technology some possible 10,000 years old and some things could change. Its fascinating though. We discovered the same measurements used in pyramid building a good few thousand years later.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Thanks for the video which I enjoyed. I know a lot of the information is open to conjecture, however we do have a somewhat blank canvas of our existence from 4000 years ago in much of the world. I also think that some of the dating we currently accept is probably wrong. Whether its for political, religious sensitivities or whatever, I would like to get to the truth about our past.

I work back from the concept that we clearly nearly died out and restarted again virtually from scratch and if we had technology as wo do today, with people now on line and so much stored in cyber space, were we to loose our libraries and places of reference due to some cataclysm what would we do for knowledge except start up again virtually from scratch, especially if the wipe-out was a nuclear one, whoch the Doc thinks happened all around the world.

The video covers the aspect from the ancient alien concept and not from the perspective that there was a world shared technology - an example of which is the shared knowledge for the building of pyramids.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
the Mahabharata is really quite insane when you really look at the whole story. not only the descriptions of the weapons which are all space-age technology thousands of years "before it's time". but, what's even more interesting aside from the literal vitrification of ancient sites ( a process which requires nuclear level heat) was how they describe the actual effects of radiation poisoning with out actually mentioning radiation. they talk about peoples hair and finger nails falling out after becoming ill along with some other symptoms which are specifically only associated with direct exposure to some serious radiation. these people weren't talking about a meteor hitting the earth. they were talking about an all out war between the "gods" and they wrote it as an actual history not some symbolic fable. the only thing is the Mahabharata is EXTREMELY long and daunting to read so I can see why most people wouldn't pick it up or even have access to its many volumes. but i would recommend investigating it further to anyone interested in advanced ancient civilizations.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Cmon this conjecture is just stupid, science tells are clearly humanity were just advanced from cavemen 10 thousand years ago
Science cant be wrong.

On a serious note though, there is so much information relating to ancient nuclear power it is hard to ignore.

Did humanity reach a climax that turned so fast it sent us back to a hunter gatherer society.

Its a fascinating topic, one I feel deserves a lot of study.

For mine, I believe humanity reached the peak of its "evolution" many years ago and we are the slide down hill

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

In an interview 7 years later he confirmed that "Ancient Cities whose brick and stone walls have literally been vitrified, that is fused together exist in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places".

Could you please provide a link to the interview, or some other reasonably trustworthy source that confirms he said this?

I'm sorry to say the other claims in your post are fallacious. Neither Mohenjo-daro nor Harappa is 'radioactive' — at least, no more so than most places. The other "highly radioactive" site (it's in Rajasthan) is, I believe, a former Indiian government nuclear research site.

No ancient texts speak of any advanced technology whatsoever. None. They do sometimes speak of magical beings, objects and feats. I suppose you could invoke Clarke's Third Law here, but Occam's Razor seems a much safer bet somehow.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
the Mahabharata is really quite insane when you really look at the whole story. not only the descriptions of the weapons which are all space-age technology thousands of years "before it's time". but, what's even more interesting aside from the literal vitrification of ancient sites ( a process which requires nuclear level heat) was how they describe the actual effects of radiation poisoning with out actually mentioning radiation. they talk about peoples hair and finger nails falling out after becoming ill along with some other symptoms which are specifically only associated with direct exposure to some serious radiation. these people weren't talking about a meteor hitting the earth. they were talking about an all out war between the "gods" and they wrote it as an actual history not some symbolic fable. the only thing is the Mahabharata is EXTREMELY long and daunting to read so I can see why most people wouldn't pick it up or even have access to its many volumes. but i would recommend investigating it further to anyone interested in advanced ancient civilizations.

The text is a fascinating read I agree. The problem I have is your putting for information that is not correct. The original text holds incredible stories themselves without the addition of fake passages that have been plastered across the internet. Everyone has access to it I linked it in a post above. Everyone can actually see the photos of the sites (which are not vitrified btw). Making a case for advanced tech on fabrications isn't helping anyone it simply makes people automatically dismiss it. See my post above for the photo's there it's a beautiful place. You can also search for the text your proposing in your post(which also isn't there). The actual text has enough great descriptions in it to make for good conversation about the possibility of advanced tech it just doesn't say what is presented in this thread. Here's another read about the quotes as well to expand people's search.
www.jasoncolavito.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

im not quite sure im understanding you. are you saying that there are no sites with vitrified rocks and that the Mahabharata doesn't have any passages that describe ancient tech?

the reason i ask is because i work at a library and one of the reference librarians here who is a complete nerd took the time to read the unabridged version. the things she was telling me about from the books seemed like complete science fiction. i'm not talking about what i heard on an episode of ancient aliens or what von daniken said somewhere...
edit on 7-2-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. There aren't any walls in those sites that show vitrification. The popular verses on the net are not in the Mahabharata. I am saying it says some really cool stuff that one can imply its more than myth but not the stuff you find around the internet. There are books published with the same fabrications but the text itself doesn't have the info you were listing. My first post has a link to an online copy that you can keyword search and read for yourself.

My primary point is not to say that there is no chance that the possibility is there that something may have existed in history only that putting forth false information is not helping the search or the debate about it. These ancient sites and the nuclear war discussion here is ripe with false info that makes it appear to be something that it isn't.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We're missing something. We're missing something HUGE..and we could even call it a 'missing link' for it's historic importance.

What we're missing is one solid, indisputable example of technology beyond primitive or 'civilized primitive' we so confidently assign to past civ's as their maximum level of possible achievement. It's likely pretty much dead on accurate to the ones we KNOW about, too. That is..the last few thousand years ..out of a few billion. Less than a seconds time to a busy day in Earth's life cycle to see things come, rise, rule and fall ..over and over and over again.

What we're missing is where any of this came from? If these are nuke sites...fine..where is the supportive tech to have invented, developed and deployed them? No one expects to find a stocked lab in mothballs and spiderwebs with "Terra Today" dated 11,400 years ago, casually laying across a back counter to helpfully date the scene for us. However, take Nevada as one example with near identical messes existing in Russia and China for the same reasons Nevada does. There is large, purely physical world infrastructure on, in and under the Nevada desert which will likely be there and be recognizable to a future civilization for 10's of thousands of years ..at least. Barring geologic catastrophe, of course.

Unfortunately, "accepted science" doesn't even appear to entertain the possibility that we aren't at the pinnacle and peak of human development today with the past representing nothing much more than a slow (and sometimes fast) decline for standards and tech back to Cavemen going 'ooga booga' over a side of Mammoth w/ giblets of Sabertooth Tiger.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

i'm not sure i completely agree with you about the vitrification aspect. as you can go online and find tons of pictures and research saying the opposite. not just from "ancient alien theorists"

as for people citing parts of the Mahabharata that are completely incorrect i'm not 100% about that either but, i can certainly see what you're saying and follow the logic there and I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility(regarding that specific passage). i can certainly see people mistranslating certain parts thus giving different meanings to some words etc. but the over all message and story remains intact and there. i haven't done enough research on that particular paragraph that you've referenced nor am I personally knowledgeable enough in sanskrit to know. And i've seen that passage referenced on numerous other websites like you've mentioned.

but again i can say from a first hand source whom i know to be reliable and knowledgeable, the Mahabharata reads more like science fiction than ancient Sanskrit mythology. And I think that is the most important part. That story was their best attempt at describing technology that does not fit into the mainstream scientific historical record.

Which to me fits into an overall picture that our present day historical record is severely inaccurate and lacking, perhaps even purposely so and that is what I believe to be true. I believe that perhaps one day this planet's true history will come to surface but, it's an ever long and intensive battle wherein the suppression of scientific information is one of many obstacles to obtaining the actual truth of our history all in an effort to stagnate our intellectual evolution.
edit on 7-2-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join