It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Coming True

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have this theory about dreams that they are the subconscious putting things together that we may have missed during the day or whatnot. For example, I have had the dream where I have seen a friend who I have never seen for years, and the next day, ran into him.

Where do these facts come from that end up in our dreams? One place for them to come from is our own surroundings, things that we may have missed throughout the day are probably picked up by our subconscious and then pieced together as we sleep.

Here is an example of how our subconscious works. I went to a Born of the Gods (Magic: The Gathering) pre-release the other day with around 100 people in the room. One of my friends started talking about offensive artwork on cards, and mentioned a card called Uktabi Orangutan and how there are Orangutans having sex in the background.

There is also an Unhinged card, Uktabi Kong, that features baby Orangutans in the background.

Later that night, when I was cleaning the room, I found an Uktabi Orangutan card! Some might see that as a coincidence, others as mere mysticism. However, in reality, someone could have spoken the name, thus getting my friend on the subject of "offensive" card artwork without him realizing it to begin with.

I believe this is a similar manner to which dreams can manifest. In addition, one theory of our minds is that our minds in the present are connected to both our minds in the past and our minds in the future. Therefore, if something happens in the near future, it might show up in our dreams.

I pay attention to dreams because, for one, they have a symbolic language that is actually very straight-forward compared to cultural norms. For another, I think that most dreams take real facets that we have overlooked from our daily lives and basically state them outright.

-----

I got a new cat around a month ago. The interesting thing is, a few days before I went to pick him out, I had a dream of him. I had thought that I was dreaming about a cat from long ago - Fluffy, alas dead these days - although in reality, I had been dreaming about Gustov. I must be a cat psychic. Maybe Gustav was reaching out to me in my dream because he really wanted to get picked.
edit on 07amFri, 07 Feb 2014 02:49:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 07amFri, 07 Feb 2014 02:50:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

A little synchronicity
. About cats. Have you ever thought about the purring a cat makes in relation to sounds humans make that are playing around with meditation?

edit on 7-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Wow, that room in the video is really clear of interference. Freaking amazing. And I never thought about cats purring before... I wonder.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Interesting hypothesis and it seems logical. For myself, I'm almost (not quite but almost) beginning to believe we move to other parallel worlds within the multiverse when we dream. I think this because the first thing that comes to mind every morning when I wake up is "Crap, I'm back here again."

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That is very good theory and i agree it is logical but what about people that get premonition dreams?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Bassago

Interesting hypothesis and it seems logical. For myself, I'm almost (not quite but almost) beginning to believe we move to other parallel worlds within the multiverse when we dream. I think this because the first thing that comes to mind every morning when I wake up is "Crap, I'm back here again."

I can buy that the consciousness disconnect from body to either simulate things on it's own or play around with the third eye where you Astral Projection (see things from afar like you are there). There are people who are talking about them shifting to other version of a similar reality. Do not buy that since in that case I think I would have already shifted myself out of this place
. But it might be another thing I am blind to.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

starseed83
That is very good theory and i agree it is logical but what about people that get premonition dreams?

They are seeing simulated calculated events of what is probable to be (reading the pattern with your third eye)? Is time travel possible or is time fixed in forward motion? The whole paradox that comes up from time travel will have to be removed and that makes me think that realities have to split in a fractal way with every manipulation in the past. Seems very messy to me to do it in that way.

The whole manifest change in your past can be simulated with change in you and those close to you without change to what was and still time can be fixed in forward motion.

I prefer time fixed in forward motion but that do not mean I am right.
edit on 7-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just had a dream that I was in the middle of a giant Skynet robot war. A sign of the future? Or a sign I've been reading too much ATS?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I am almost starting to think that as well. Although for my psychology thesis paper, since I minored in physics, I did extensive research into parallel universes and they are actually a legitimate theory explaining quantum physics - the math and everything is all laid out, it goes into string theory, so the idea that we enter parallel universes (sometimes) when we dream is in the realms of scientific theory, although there haven't been too many tests verifying that - I believe there have been some tests verifying the existence of parallel universes.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

darkbake
In addition, one theory of our minds is that our minds in the present are connected to both our minds in the past and our minds in the future. Therefore, if something happens in the near future, it might show up in our dreams.

I've never heard that before but that's very interesting. Helps explain something that I've experienced throughout my life that I long ago started calling my deja vu dreams. Not often but regularly, couple times a year maybe throughout my life I'll be in some random (usually mundane) situation and I'll get this profound sense of deja vu like I'd been in that specific situation before. Then I'll remember a dream I had months, sometimes years before that is exactly the situation and environment that I found myself in when the feeling occurred. The dreams themselves usually don't stick out much at the time as with most dreams, they don't often make sense because you're only experiencing a snapshot of something and usually don't understand the context.

I had a pretty specific dream about my cat as well, months before I got her. I've never had a cat before her, never dreamed of one either before this one but I remember in the dream having the very strong feeling that this was my cat. She has very distinct and unique markings that I'd never seen on another cat before her. It wasn't until months later that she came to me by way of a friend who had just found her as a young, half starved stray looking for food in the compost but couldn't keep her as her husband was allergic. Self fulfilling prophesy? perhaps subconsciously but it wasn't until later on the night I brought her home when I was looking at her thinking she looked much more familiar to me than she should have that I remembered having the dream about her. The dream itself hasn't actually happened yet but I definitely recognized her from it, it was that vivid.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I myself have had short dreams at least I only remember short visions hardly ever dream like more like images just a picture of something (a place I'll be, a thing I'll do or something I'll see) in the future. This happens to me every once in awhile and it's usually instant. Like within a day of the vision or short remembrance the image I see or the place I will be will occur. I BELIEVE... I believe that we humans have the ability to look into the future and past but just don't quite know how to take advantage of these "powers". I also believe in telekinesis.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Sonder

darkbake
In addition, one theory of our minds is that our minds in the present are connected to both our minds in the past and our minds in the future. Therefore, if something happens in the near future, it might show up in our dreams.

I had a pretty specific dream about my cat as well, months before I got her. I've never had a cat before her, never dreamed of one either before this one but I remember in the dream having the very strong feeling that this was my cat.

To begin with, I want to address the original point - this could definitely be a straight-forward example of the process that I am describing.

I would rate it at a high likelihood. I also want to add that unlike other posters who think I only get my information through internet studies, I also happen to read textbooks, take courses and even read non-fiction published by certain authors - many of whom are well-known - whom I contact about subject matters.

That's because I am interested in theory, as well as empirical studies, but highly interested in theory. I like knowing how things work.

-----

So on to the cat thing. This is very strange. Before I got my cat, Gus, like literally two days before, I had a dream with a cat that I knew was mine and we were travelling together through the mountains. Two days later, my friend told me he had a stray cat, and I went to go pick him up and there was Gus.

Cats are interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

darkbake
So on to the cat thing. This is very strange. Before I got my cat, Gus, like literally two days before, I had a dream with a cat that I knew was mine and we were travelling together through the mountains. Two days later, my friend told me he had a stray cat, and I went to go pick him up and there was Gus.

Cats are interesting.

Indeed.. The dream I had about my cat was very similar. I was hiking through a forest in the mountains, I had a big backpack on, there was a large dog walking beside me that I don't remember much about and this small white cat with odd markings bounding along beside me. I got the impression that we'd been out there for a while, kinda living out of a backpack but everything still felt very normal. Little odd but not outside the realm of possibility, I live in the mountains and do take her out camping with me from time to time, she acts a lot more like a dog than most cats I've met do.

top topics

join