It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: If Republicans Don’t Trust the President, ‘Why Don’t We Just Pack Up and Go Home’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Representative Nancy Pelosi actually made a sensible point of wisdom for once.

In response to House Speaker John Boehner's clip about immigration reform that simply said Republicans might not be able to trust the Obama Administration to enforce current laws, Nancy said maybe everybody should just go home !!!

Yes, well said Nancy !!

Hmmm... maybe She's *Hinting* something about another shutdown ?

She also said something else....

“When [Republicans] say … they don’t trust the president to do it, why don’t we just pack up and go home?

We have a Democratic system.

We have checks and balances.

We have three branches of government. In fact, we’re the first in the Constitution — the legislative branch. And what we’re supposed to do is legislate, and not make up excuses as to why we don’t.”

“That’s not a reason not to do an immigration bill, that’s an excuse not to do it,” she added. “And around here, you have to always differentiate between what is a reason and what is an excuse.”

Yes Nancy....*Checks and Balances* is a good reason. I'm glad you understand now.

Here's what ruffled her feathers;

“There’s widespread doubt about whether this administration can be trusted to enforce our laws, and it’s going to be difficult to move any immigration legislation until that changes,” Boehner said.

Shocking indeed !!

Pelosi: If Republicans Don’t Trust the President, ‘Why Don’t We Just Pack Up and Go Home’

Taxi .... Taxi

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

“There’s widespread doubt about whether this administration can be trusted to enforce our laws"

Oh, I don't think there's any doubt on this matter. Obama can't be trusted period. How many ways does it need to be said? They need to correct the article.

edit on 304am4949am122014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yes, Nancy, please, all of you just pack up and go now. All of you are useless and you don't know how to tell the truth. Comes from bad parenting and moral values. Stick a fork in them, they're all done.

Clean out the WH. I'll supply the bleach, industrial mops, scrubbers, and sham wows.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yeah id have to say as of late the republicans are just down to saying no. They have lost there focus and at this point have just become bitter and negative. There in for a big shock the next election i can guarantee that being an independent there quickly sinking any idea i had of voting for them.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
repeat after Nancy Pelosi ,, "we have too pass it too find out whats in it"

edit on 7-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

*sigh*

More partisan nonsense.
Republicans this. Democrats that.

It doesn't matter!

The entire system is corrupt and at this point it's just a game for those in power to bicker over who has the most power.

Next election, if the Republicans get their favored candidate in office, they'll be sure to cry foul when/if the Democrats turn around and repeat the very same tactic in following an already by then established precedent.

If corporations can be people, then, methinks a new party should form as a collective corporation where the corporation itself runs for President, that way, we could have like 100 different people as acting President all at the same time; all of them giving the finger to the old 2 party establishment.

It'd be more entertaining than this old done to death tired nonsense of D vs. R all the time, and the "President" as a distributed "person" could be in more than one place at one time, and get way much more accomplished.

Corporations already run America, so, why not legitimize with a political corporation?

meh.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

xuenchen
Nancy said maybe everybody should just go home !!!

Dear Nancy,

Please do go home!

"Go ahead, make my day".

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Blowback
repeat after Nancy Pelosi ,, "we have too pass it too find out whats in it"

edit on 7-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

This doesn't really register with many people. Its so beyond stupid and partisan. Its the sort of thing a used car dealer or vacuum cleaner salesman says. Maybe in reality she was taking a jab at......nnnnaaaahhh.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Corporations already run America, so, why not legitimize with a political corporation?

-Heh Heh- Corporate saw what happened to the Tea Party during their comeuppance. Why would they risk spoiling their record by standing up a political party? As you said, they already run the country. BTW, I liked your old avatar. It was easy to spot and I enjoy reading your opinion on things. The new one slips past me all too frequently for some reason.

What happened to Nancy Pants? Did she get away from her handlers again, or did she misspeak when delivering the party's message?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Snarl

-Heh Heh- Corporate saw what happened to the Tea Party during their comeuppance. Why would they risk spoiling their record by standing up a political party? As you said, they already run the country.

Referring to the already extent influence of Corporations on America may have confused some.

I'm suggesting an entirely political group invent their very own Political Corporation.
Since Corporations have status as legal persons, then, Corporations, or, in this case, a Corporation invented specifically for political representation, could run for any specific office as a legal individual, even though it's comprised of any number of participants.

Call it "USA INC", and it could be made up of regular mom and pop types of folks, or sign waving activist types, a mixture, one or two or even three people from every state, whatever, and whether it's 10 people, 100, or even 1000, that number would be legally recognized as ONE PERSON, and as a legal person corporation should then be able to run for office.

As a new party, and running for a political seat, it'd require a running mate, and could then have Another invented corporation called, say, maybe "ViceUsa Inc" for the Vice-whatever seat.

In such a vein, you could have any number of people all acting as President, whether that's 10 people, 100 people, or one person per every seat in in Congress to stand behind every seat in Congress and kick it sharply.

It'd be a distributed "Individual", and if anyone didn't like it, especially the corporations, well, it's the corporations own rules that are being used, and could very well be used against them.

If 100 people make up the body of the presidency as one single distributed legal individual, then, it makes it much harder to assassinate, threaten, bribe, or sway by outside influence. The more people there are that make up a legal corporate single personhood, the the more that "single" distributed "person" can get done, and the harder it is for outside interests to leverage interest over.

Certainly, however many people make up any body that wants to represent itself as a legal person will need act in concert as an individual, but, that's all mechanics and logistics.
Whatever the case, I suggest and propose such a distributed personhood made up of many people, would work as a better system than we have now.

edit on 2/7/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I kinda see what you're proposing as being a system already in place. They send their front man out there to do the talking for him. Been that way for a long long time. Don'tcha think that's why Kennedy got bumped off?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey Nancy!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I still love that all the Democrats gave a standing ovation when Obama said he would just bypass all of them and executive order everything. They might as well go home, their positions are meaningless.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I suppose a source is out of the question here. as much as I trust the "tea party news network" website (snickers), I am going to say I have my doubts of at least the context of the sentence being represented here.

Anyhow, even though my eyes bled, I did read the fluff insanity passed off as an article and laughed at this disconnect of logic:

Before Congress can even think of passing any laws regarding the millions of illegal immigrant already here, the first priority simply must be border security. When Democrats show that they’re serious about quelling the tide of incoming illegal immigrants, then, and only then, should Republicans be willing to sit and discuss reform policies

As a defense for the right wings obstructionist leadership, this suggests that in regards to immigration, republicans should not discuss immigration reform until Obama reforms immigration...

And that my friends is why the right wing will never win another national election again. Logic a 3rd grader will stop and question is lost on them, and we haven't reached the point of idiocracy (yet).
Keep bringing the comedy of the right wing though, its funny...and a bit sad.

Just for some information btw:

The “Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act,” or S. 744, is a broad-based proposal for reforming the U.S. immigration system written by a bipartisan group of eight Senators known as the “Gang of Eight.” Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY), John McCain (R-AZ), Richard Durbin (D-IL), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Michael Bennet (D-CO), and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) drafted S. 744 in the spring of 2013. The bill addresses all aspects of the immigration process from border and enforcement issues to legal immigration reforms.

source
These people are willingly feeding you garbage info.
You, the reader, now understands that someone is purposefully skewing information and making you stupid by believing what they are selling. How does that make you feel?

Not blaming the writer of ops..although, a lot of the rocks from the mountain of bs comes to ats through his hands...but he is simply a parrot ...dedicated..very dedicated..singlehandedly on watch for any and all right wing skewjob reports from the dark recesses of nonsensedom, but probably just a parrot..probably...
Always note the sources..then note the sources of the sources..understand the quality of the information the garbage handlers are shoving at you, because its your physical brain they are pushing their trash into.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Obama has been extremely aggressive in enforcing immigration. He has deported more people than any president in history.
368,644 just in 2013.

www.politifact.com...

www.ice.gov...

Given these facts, it's really some BS to say that Obama is not going to enforce immigration laws. He is already doing quite a bit more than his predecessors, Bush, and Clinton.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
Given these facts, ...

I do hope you realize where you went wrong when discussing talking points to the tea party types...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Like the Republicans are any better than the Democrats when it comes to enforcing laws. Bohner needs to crawl out of the whiskey bottle every now and then and sober up and he will see just how wrong he really is. Btw is he worried that the people who bought him and his party will lose a lot of workers if they deported the illegals.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That's what the 501(c)3 groups that the IRS is targeting were all about - people incorporating to pool their money and voices.

You didn't think the politicians were actually angry at real big corporations did you in the sense that you mean did you?

You understand that big business and big politics are all on the same page, right?

It's all about the power, and when those pesky TEA party groups started to actually organize and incorporate ... well they couldn't have that and suddenly "Corporations are people?! How stupid is that?! Rawr, Rawr, rawr ... There oughta be a law" oh, and a thousand IRS rules keeping the people from incorporating and activating ...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yo Pelosi ?

Americans should never 'trust' their government. That is why the GD piece of paper the constitution was created.

Because absolute power corrupts, and You Pelosi, and your boss are as corrupt as they come.

Yeah Pelosi since you didn't 'drain the swamp in Washington'.

Go home and don't let the door hit you in your rear.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

SaturnFX
I suppose a source is out of the question here. as much as I trust the "tea party news network" website (snickers), I am going to say I have my doubts of at least the context of the sentence being represented here.

Anyhow, even though my eyes bled, I did read the fluff insanity passed off as an article and laughed at this disconnect of logic:

Before Congress can even think of passing any laws regarding the millions of illegal immigrant already here, the first priority simply must be border security. When Democrats show that they’re serious about quelling the tide of incoming illegal immigrants, then, and only then, should Republicans be willing to sit and discuss reform policies

As a defense for the right wings obstructionist leadership, this suggests that in regards to immigration, republicans should not discuss immigration reform until Obama reforms immigration...

And that my friends is why the right wing will never win another national election again. Logic a 3rd grader will stop and question is lost on them, and we haven't reached the point of idiocracy (yet).
Keep bringing the comedy of the right wing though, its funny...and a bit sad.

These people are willingly feeding you garbage info.
You, the reader, now understands that someone is purposefully skewing information and making you stupid by believing what they are selling. How does that make you feel?

Not blaming the writer of ops..although, a lot of the rocks from the mountain of bs comes to ats through his hands...but he is simply a parrot ...dedicated..very dedicated..singlehandedly on watch for any and all right wing skewjob reports from the dark recesses of nonsensedom, but probably just a parrot..probably...
Always note the sources..then note the sources of the sources..understand the quality of the information the garbage handlers are shoving at you, because its your physical brain they are pushing their trash into.

I couldn't agree more! I only wish I could give you 50 stars for this post! Especially the last paragraph!!

I do consider the writer of this OP to be one of the worst aspects of ATS, (kinda like Fox News is to other MSM news sources) and he is by no means alone. At first I thought it was due to ignorance, but now after many debates I am convinced that his efforts are absolutely deliberate. They're not intended to be informative, but rather inflammatory. It's more than apparent that his sole purpose for being on ATS is to pour gasoline straight on the flames of ignorance. Kinda ironic, considering the ATS motto.

One has to remember, when it comes to Xuenchen, nothing interest him less than truthful information. There, I said it.

IMO Nancy Pelosi is exactly right, this is no "reason" to not legislate, it's an "excuse" for not doing their job and if they're not going to do their job, they may as well go home.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join