It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-13 prototype already built!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is the link at the already constructed J-13 prototype.

jczsbbs1.sina.com.cn...

Damn that plane looks awesome.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hmmmm...no control surfaces! Itty bitty wings...mockup? Photoshop?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The website seems a bit unreliable. Plus the plane doens't even look like it could fly due to lack of detail. All of the concept art I've seen for the J-12 and J-13s look a lot like a hybird of the JSF competitors.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thats appears to be a 1:1 test model being dropped into a hypersonic wind tunnel....

IMO anyways

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What made you think that it was Chinese, or for that matter the J-13?

Its a Nasa wind tunnel test of the Sharc.

So its not Chinese or the J-13 for that matter.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't think it is Chinese either, however, it is nice.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I found this on this Sina forum (biggest in China). Someone stated they were doing a prototype wind tunnel test and another person said they saw the same pic and it was a new Jian or J model aircraft, but forums sometimes contain false information so who knows it could right or wrong, no one knows. The plane share a little similarity (personally opinion) to the YF-23. No, I don't think it is the sharc although it holds many similarities. The cockpit glass is round and smooth in the 3D picture while the one in the actual pic is rugged edged containing flat surfaces intersecting each other but it is only my personal opinion.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Any one know what that AMERICAN plane is for?

Is it a technology demonstrater or what?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Thats appears to be a 1:1 test model being dropped into a hypersonic wind tunnel....

IMO anyways

That is what it looks like to me too. Mostly because you can see the tunnel
You beat me to it.

And this would account for the appearant lack of control surfaces. This would also account for the small sise (comparing the men to jet).

A raptor wing a yf 23 tail NEAT OH!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Any one know what that AMERICAN plane is for?

Is it a technology demonstrater or what?

It was a predecessor design to the YF-23. Here's the photo from the NASA site:

ails.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
take a look at the engineers, they look a little bit taller and larger than chinese people do(no offense) i think its an american plane

looks pretty nice

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dima
take a look at the engineers, they look a little bit taller and larger than chinese people do(no offense) i think its an american plane

looks pretty nice

Oh yeah, I can see something there that can give me scale to gauge a persons height.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
wat, u making fun of my post, the man on the right is obviously not chinese(lol), the man in the middle, i'm not sure about, and the man on the left, he looks chinese, but i doubt he is

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's a 55% model fer crysakes. You're going to tell the nationality of the workers by judging the scale?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What is the argument about? There is no argument to be made. It is an early model of the YF-23. It is not J-anything. It is AMERICAN. It is NOT Chinese. Period. Case closed.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I agree AMM. The original post was simply wrong, nothing more to debate. And I'm not American or Chinese so maybe my impartial word will help?

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Damn it, you got my hopes up!! and I thought it would be a cool YF-23 look-alike

Well...let's hope the future will hold beautiful aircraft like the YF-23

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This thread may be almost 20 years old, but there WAS a J-13 fighter design developed in China, conceived by the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation. However, the J-13 was canceled without a prototype being built, and more info is found here:
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join