It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do sports governing bodies rig out comes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i have always believed that at times, the governing bodies of the n.b.a, n.f.l., m.l.b., and the n.h.l. would tell game officials that it would be better for the league if X team were to win the game. so if you could fudge a few calls or not in their favor, no what i mean? nudge nudge wink wink?

in game seven of the kings and lakers semi final, there were calls like a kings player would get a personal foul with no laker player around him. kobe could elbow a kings player in the face and not get it called.

of course, we had the steelers and sea hawks super bowl where one still can see bumper stickers refs, 21- seahawks, 10.

i bring this up because this video of the seattle- san fran n.f.c. title game and it gives a good reason why as well.

www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I cant prove a bit of it im sure they do. There is too much money in it to leave it to fate

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

As a Broncos fan, I have to say yes!

There have been times when it has seemed to me that portions of games (of various sports) are scripted (i.e. not just the refs influencing the game). It's like they play "for real" for awhile, then it's time to run the scripted play... Throw an interception or walk the batter, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

blackthorne

i bring this up because this video of the seattle- san fran n.f.c. title game .

you must be a 49ers fan ..,,,,you do realize if it is rigged, then chances are that some of those 49er Superbowl wins weren't legit,,& now you reaped the blowback
edit on 6-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
DIdn't the NBA have an ex-ref that wrote a book about how games were being rigged or something?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Na they weren't fixing the games as bad as they are now. How much has the game changed since niners won there last in 94/95??
Replay and the changing of what plays can be reviewed.
Like the game were clark makes "the catch" Rice fumbled in a previous play but since the ref called it dead, couldn't be challenged. Now a days you can damn near challenge everything, which puts the calls in the refs hands and the calls that get made now.
Can't say for sure they weren't rigging them then, just would have been harder if it is just refs that are in on it

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Sremmos80
Na they weren't fixing the games as bad as they are now.

LoL ,,
ok,,,I think you need too check some history,,,most of these leagues were founded by owners with mobsters cxonections too gambling

Eddie DeBartolo racketeering , bribery relating to his gambling dealings

edit on 6-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
even though i do love boxing, it goes with out saying that it is corrupt. too many times i have seen bogus scoring by judges and bad calls by refs.

has any one watched the video?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

yes, i am a 49rs fan. but it does not cloud my judgement. if there were a couple of rigged in our favor, then i would be upset. i am for the game to be decided by the players on the field, not the powers that be.

i take it, you did not watch the video. in it, it shows some clear blown/ questionable calls by the refs. in one, the sea hawk running back was stopped a yard short of the first down, the ref gets the ball from the pile and puts it just pass the first yard point. another point near the end of the game, the niners were penalized for a delay of game on 3rd and 1. the play clock was only at 38 seconds.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Whats to discuss?
Its obvious you are being conditioned to watch this # while the elite reap ginormous profits.....
Talk about a scam!
Time to wake up and smell the coffee sports fans....youve been conned over and over again...
Your interest in sport
Your fan loyalty
Your supressed mentality, kept distracted by the crap while your birthright is stolen.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Firm believer that the NBA is very guilty of this with the favortism of its superstars.
This is why will never touch the NFL in popularity. As a fan this is sad because it is fun to watch until officials affect the outcome of games.

top topics

join