It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek RENEGADE. thoughts for a new Star Trek series.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So, if Star Trek must be about exploration ... the enemy has taken off through uncharted space and Johns (I'd change the name because it's the name of the mercenary in Pitch Black and that's messing with me) has sworn to pursue. That takes us back to a slightly darker version of the original Trek series. They're chasing the bad guys through strange waters and having to do whatever it takes to keep going.

They may or may not be pursued. They may or may not be "making friends" on the way.

Treat your captain like a Captain Ahab in search of his personal Moby Dick.

And you can perhaps start to inject a little of a Farscape vibe into this thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Evening,

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but...I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

-Peace-
edit on 6-2-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

Any Trek minus Abrams is good Trek.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How about they finally make a series where they finally make it to "Bodlygo"? Not once I tell ya did they ever make it to "Boldlygo".

Pladuim

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It sounds a little bit like

Star Trek Renegades which is already in the works.

Directed by Tim Russ, Star Trek: Renegades is the continuing story of Star Trek, set ten years after the return of the USS Voyager.

Several Star Trek actors are appearing in Star Trek: Renegades, including: Russ, Walter Koenig, Robert Picardo, Gary Graham, Manu Intiraymi, and Richard Herd.

Star Trek: Renegades is in post-production with a planned summer/fall 2014 release date.

It all sounds a bit too cheesy and testosteroney like every other renegade lone gun cop show that's ever already existed and been done to death.

It'd be more entertaining to set up a perspective from a Resistance standpoint where Star Fleet is perceived as similar to the Evil Empire with their over moralizing and dictation of standards stifling individual freedoms and autonomy.
A shifty band of characters with a jury-rigged ship held together with tape, wire, and scavenged parts could then dodge about the Galaxy on the run from Star Fleet while on occasion making asymmetrical attacks against the all powerful Star Fleet.

It'd be a Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly mash-up.

edit on 2/6/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Trubeeleever

You're trying to do to Star Trek what Stargate Universe did to Stargate.

We do not need all this interpersonal crap in sci fi. Ex wife hunting ex hubby. Only one ship that can catch him?

You cannot go this far away from the series ideal or you lose your fan base.

It is that simple.
reply to post by pheonix358

Hmmm. Very very good point,
however Star Trek has spawned more franchises than Star Gate and it still survives.
I was a fan of all 3 Star Gates, as I am a fan of all Trek franchises, however I believe the series must constantly evolve to keep generating new interest and new fans.

If we keep pitching to the old school fans like myself, then there is a possibility that eventually there will be no fans left at all.

Evolve yes, in fact, essential.

But you want to add all of this interpersonal bull that does not belong.

Someone else wants to add CSI. I get they like CSI and they like Star Trek, but, that does not mean you combine them.

I like Dragons so lets have the Enterprise firing on Dragons who can jump through their shields.

How about Star Fleet meets races that are way above them, and they laugh at a Captain's effort to be stern.

We have always seen Star Trek in the winning seat, perhaps to evolve they need to meet new races where they are the plebs.

Take a lesson from the demise of Star Gate or follow in their footsteps.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

pheonix358

Trubeeleever

We do not need all this interpersonal crap in sci fi. Ex wife hunting ex hubby. Only one ship that can catch him?

You cannot go this far away from the series ideal or you lose your fan base.

It is that simple.

Hmmm. Very very good point,
however Star Trek has spawned more franchises than Star Gate and it still survives.
I was a fan of all 3 Star Gates, as I am a fan of all Trek franchises, however I believe the series must constantly evolve to keep generating new interest and new fans.

If we keep pitching to the old school fans like myself, then there is a possibility that eventually there will be no fans left at all.

Evolve yes, in fact, essential.

But you want to add all of this interpersonal bull that does not belong.

Someone else wants to add CSI. I get they like CSI and they like Star Trek, but, that does not mean you combine them.

I like Dragons so lets have the Enterprise firing on Dragons who can jump through their shields.

How about Star Fleet meets races that are way above them, and they laugh at a Captain's effort to be stern.

We have always seen Star Trek in the winning seat, perhaps to evolve they need to meet new races where they are the plebs.

Take a lesson from the demise of Star Gate or follow in their footsteps.

P

I dont personally like CSI, I just think it would be an interesting take on Star Trek.

They have met races above them. Q, The Borg, a few I cant remember the names of from the delta quadrant. Humanity is young compared to the rest of the galaxy.

Interpersonal development is a HUGE part of scifi. The Federation is all about meeting new species and overcoming differences to work together. Scifi is just a more fantastical look on all the issues we have whenever it is written. Heck, Enterprise dealt with the Americas war on Terrorism for the entire 3rd season.

As for Stargate, how long was Star trek off the air before The Motion Picture? Almost 15 years? The Motion Picture was supposed to be the start of a new series, they just didnt get it off the ground. Here we are over 50 years later and still have Trek in one way or another. Good scifi always lasts. I know these werent very succesful, but Starship Troopers was written in the 50's, and made into a movie in the 90's with recent talk of a remake (Thankfully, more faithful to the book), and the John Carter series in the early 1900's, Enders Game(Havent seen the movie yet)... Give it time. Stargate will be back eventually. Tne original movie was supposed to be a trilogy, and Emerich wants to reboot it.

I dont know if anyone hear has heard of it, but theres an excellent book series by Randolf Lalond(?), called Spinward Fringe, that is up to 8 books now. Starts off slow, but really finds its groove after a couple of books.
edit on 7-2-2014 by captb13 because: spelling again

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has proposed a Star Trek series based on the Time Starfleet from the 30th century.

Well, I just did.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I would NOT watch this.

Yep.. this is a DRAMA not Sci-fi that belongs in Star Trek. It's a one man vendetta based in revenge.

What about any crew this guy would have.. i suppose they are all gonna have this hatred boiling in their veins? How they gonna end the series, have Star Fleet Command court martial him when he does finally find these thugs? How you gonna continue this through multiple seasons?

I agree with the poster above, this is just like Stargate Universe. Paramount or whoever own Star trek these days can do much better.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
I would NOT watch this.

Yep.. this is a DRAMA not Sci-fi that belongs in Star Trek. It's a one man vendetta based in revenge.

What about any crew this guy would have.. i suppose they are all gonna have this hatred boiling in their veins? How they gonna end the series, have Star Fleet Command court martial him when he does finally find these thugs? How you gonna continue this through multiple seasons?

I agree with the poster above, this is just like Stargate Universe. Paramount or whoever own Star trek these days can do much better.

Great idea! The time travel ones were always good. Especially the DS9 one where they mixed it with the TOS "Trouble With Tribbles". Though the cost for the sets and clothes would probably be a bit much. Seeing that reality tv is the thing now, we'll probably end up with Star Trek: Big Brother or Real World: Klingon, before the producers came to their senses.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if a star trek that is modeled after "finding and destroying those responsible for killing his family." would actually get enough audience, it does not sound "civilized" enough for star trek universe.

I mean, an episode about some captain getting revenge is fine, but an entire series?

Would flop. The current political turmoil with the middle east wont help either.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

captb13

You forgot Star Trek V...

-Live Long and Prosper-

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Amen to that!

They absolutely killed the Stargate franchise.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captb13

Starred. It cannot be stated enough!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have a idea for your new Shows name change. Star trek:blackflag. ANd you CANNOT use the Ship from into darkness that they crashed into earth it would need to be named something other than the vengeance. Call it the USS dammerung or Uss Blackflag itself. Even give it a skull and crossbones on it for intimidation factor.
edit on 14000000pppm by yuppa because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Morning,

I hate to be a wet blanket here but regardless of what the story arc of the show is there is only one certainty about what a new Star Trek series will hold.
It will focus on the terror/police state we have emerging around us but scaled to galactic proportions.
It will claim that the Federation will have to "sacrifice freedom for the security of the greater good of the citizenry".
It will show the viewers that even a "perfect society" has more to fear than our current imperfect one.
It will tout the Federation is the galaxies only salvation.
It will reinforce that rules are for the normal people but that heros must break those rules to win.
Anyone else seen this formula before?
I know I have.
There are only seven TV tropes on show stories anyhow...that's right, just seven main plotlines since the beginning.
No matter what they come up with, we will have seen it before.
I think I'll read a book instead.

-Peace-

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sounds kind of cheesy to me, but I'll probably still end up watching it. I'd love a new series but sadly I don't think we'll ever have the 'old trek' back, but maybe 'new trek' with good writing and characters could still have appeal and I'm willing to give it a go. I just want to see the timeline move forward from voyager a bit. It'd be nice to have cameo's with old characters as well to help ease us old fans into it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

QuantumWhotsit
I'd love a new series but sadly I don't think we'll ever have the 'old trek' back

Thank's to J.J., most of it will never happen.
For example, Khan wasn't originally encountered until sometime into their first five year voyage...

I just want to see the timeline move forward from voyager a bit.

Once more thanks to J.J., Voyager never happens either.
I can't stand what Abrams has done to the franchize.
As bad as Star Trek V was, at least when it was over, the entire series before it was still valid and existed...even if we preferred ST V didn't.
I swear if Disney buys Trek too, I am giving up on sci-fi altogether!

-Peace-

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
so I guess nobody here has heard of Star Trek Phase II?

It's awesome.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think it would be interesting. I've thought it would be cool to have a starfleet intelligence officer run a crew of scoundrels for black ops missions and doing missions starfleet cant know about due to legality and diplomatic issues. Have an Orion woman running the crew as Captain really a starfleet spec ops chick, she can use her phermone abilities on her crew which would lead to interesting crew interaction. Her first mate is also from the Federation but a "Reformed" smuggler and arms dealer. The rest of the crew can be a mishmash of various interesting aliens A Tellerite brawler and armsman, an outcast Klingon science officer banished from the empire who's a genius engineer/gaget maker and a bit too calm for a Klingon, A Suleban gambler and con artist expert in security systems and computer programming. And others. Sorry no Vulcans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join