It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Response to Sochi Problems Goes Creepily Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

lol I actually live in the 4th largest city in arkansas, And i can tell you it would not look like this. I think you would be shocked at how much NW arkansas has grown, thanks to Walmart. LOL. maybe Mississippi

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think these Olympics will go down as my favorite Olympics ever and mostly because I view it as a 2 week long comedy routine and not so much an athletic event.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
the nsa wants to catch me masterbating...the russians want to catch me masterbating....its all about catching people masterbating

well, those video recordings will certainly stimulate the economy....let's see, young athletic bodies, from all over the world, in various stages of....ahhh..."whatever"...this should be called the "Sochi pervert Olympics"

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

JohnnySasaki

zeroBelief

LadySkadi
Well, everyone was warned about no expectations of privacy (incl in your hotel) before hand...

If you genuinely believe you're living a private life today, I've got some wonderful swamp land in Florida to sell you....

And besides...I'm a father...I *know* I have no privacy !!!!

Yeah,...but there's a lot of swamp land in Florida, so that doesn't make any sense. The reason beach front property in Arizona is funny, is because it's land locked.

edit on 7-2-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

The point was why would someone possibly WANT to BUY swampland in florida......as in...DUH.....And if you're so dull of a tool as to believe you have a reasonable expectation of privacy anywhere or anytime in today's society, you might possibly also be interested in buying useless swampland in Florida...which I just so happen to have the deeds to....right.....here....

It's an old joke.

It's S A R C A S M.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

violet

zeroBelief

LadySkadi
Well, everyone was warned about no expectations of privacy (incl in your hotel) before hand...

If you genuinely believe you're living a private life today, I've got some wonderful swamp land in Florida to sell you....

And besides...I'm a father...I *know* I have no privacy !!!!
I think you meant to say beachfront property in Arizona, in other words it doesn't exist.

Here's a thought....if you don't get the joke.....and aren't humble enough to say "hey, I didn't quite get that, what was the point to that joke? Would you mind explaining it to me?"....maybe....maybe.....making an assumption as to knowing what the person was REALLY trying to say isn't the best approach....unless, you're THE AMAZING KRESKIN and can...well...read minds......

TELL ME!!! WHAT AM I THINKING!!! ??? !!!! ???? !!!!! ?????

edit on 7-2-2014 by zeroBelief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
Why are we perplexed that the hotels & such aren't finished. The Olympic Governing Body knew about Sochi prior to giving them these olympics. If this was in a larger more modern city in Russia such as St,Petersburg or Moscow, we would'nt be having this discussuion. The American equivalent to this would be having the olympics in the third or fourth largest city in Arkansas. Simply not enough infrastructure to get the task done. NOT A KNOCK ON ARKANSAS just used it as example. The olympics are'nt what they used to be. We need to stop pro atheletes from participating in any olympic sport. Masturbation as an olympic sport...to bad I'm not 14 anymore, I may have won a gold medal, silver for damn sure!!!!

Lets not forget that we think of as being serious corruption in the US or the UK is actually very small potatoes compared to Russia at the moment. Vast sums of money have been siphoned off during the building work.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

I got your joke, but maybe it's Florida thing.
When I lived up north the "Brooklyn Bridge" was always for sale.
Soda, Pop, Coke...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

defcon5
reply to post by zeroBelief

I got your joke, but maybe it's Florida thing.
When I lived up north the "Brooklyn Bridge" was always for sale.
Soda, Pop, Coke...

I tell ya, I can't get no respect....I tell ya.....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
haha honest journalist they are in a state of war. 99.99% of the media belong to the people whose God lies and the father of lies , and they will not show bad because bad, but because Russian . give an example if you are more interested in the toilet , not Olympiad the case was breakthrough in my city sewer , creatures on TV said that the Russian spirit, the smell of Russia, the owner of the network j*w with after soviet time is not a penny is not invested in the repair
edit on 7/2/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

As funny as the rest of the stuff is, toilets that cannot handle TP are normal in many countries. I was in Taiwan last year and the hotel staff asked me not to flush it. I assume some fancy low-flow toilet. dunno lol

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some people on this site need to go out of the country more often.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The foreign press in Russia (especially western press) are all spies.

Just ask Putin.

I'm surprised they weren't all offered better accommodations in Siberia.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ausername

Just ask Putin.

Being a Siberian Prison chances are the plumbing works, you can flush the toilet with tp in it and it actually makes sense to have surveillance cameras present. Plus the facility is actually finished.

I don't think Russia wants to see the comparison and how their prison system is better than the locales in sochi.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

i read the last 3 lines like a poem

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

golden23
reply to post by Xcathdra

i read the last 3 lines like a poem

Lol.. That is the first time anyone has compared my sarcasm to poetry.

Thanks... I think

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

ausername

Just ask Putin.

What, because they dare to point out that the Emperor has threadbare clothes and very, very corrupt friends?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Myth number 1. Rusty water tap
 Journalists distribute pictures of rusty water that flows from the taps in Sochi. As an example, Washington Post advertised account @ Sochiproblems, which was posted this photograph.
Disclaimer:
 This photograph was used in 2012 to illustrate the news about the poor quality of drinking water in Ukraine. In particular, the photo used here (date news notes - October 9, 2012)
Proof
Myth number 2. Mass killing of animals
 In Twitter constantly displays the information on the massacre of stray dogs. In particular, the Russian opposition blogger Vitaliy Shushkievich a photograph of mountain animals killed (example below).
Disclaimer:
 This photo was taken in 2012 in the Ukraine in Donetsk. The article tells about the uncontrolled dumping of dogs near the city. Author of the photograph is Pauluskp.
Proof
Myth number 3. Ice cream "in the ass" / in stock
 Many spread image with a photo of a cafe menu supposedly in Sochi. Title translated incorrectly ice cream that creates a funny pun
Disclaimer:
 This photo is real, but not taken in Sochi. This picture for a long time (21 June 2012) is published on the Internet as a fun illustration.
Proof
Myth number 4. Toilet wall
 Russian able to arrange not only two toilets in one room, but also on poltualeta room.
Disclaimer:
 This photo appeared as a joke on the popular website Reddit 6 months ago
Proof

Myth number 5. Designated judges in the toilet
 In Sochi toilets have special seats for spectators in the closet. Most likely, this platform even for judges who evaluate performances of athletes even in the sport.
Disclaimer:
 This picture has become quite well-known on the Internet after it was published December 20, 2013. It is not known where it is made, there is no evidence that this toilet is in Sochi.
Proof

Myth number 6. Sudden fire
 Russia is so severe, that here you can accidentally come under fire.
Disclaimer:
 This photo was included in a compilation of the most ridiculous road signs more June 19, 2012. There is no evidence that it is photographed in Sochi. Such signs are perfectly normal on the boundaries of military installations
 Proof
Myth number 7. Toilet for 5 persons
 Sochi - the territory of friendly people. Here you can sit in the company of friends with a glass of beer right on the toilet.
 "Tell me, please, toilet paper."
Disclaimer:
 In fact, this photo was taken in Russia, but elsewhere. It has a toilet at the University of Kazan, and the picture was taken by Max Lomakin for BBC
Proof
Myth number 8. Olympics performed on the background of destroyed Soviet objects
 All the money that has been allocated for the Olympics have been stolen by Putin personally for the salary of police beating gays. Olympics performed directly on the remains of the Soviet Union.
Disclaimer:
 This photo is actually taken in Sochi, but not in the period of the Olympic Games. This photo was taken Kai Pfaffenbach more February 19, 2013 for Reuters.
Proof
Myth number 9. Door handles are in your hands.
 Repair Sochi also did not have enough money. All the money has been stolen by greedy officials to fight the opposition. That's why all the doorknobs in hotels fall off in front of you. American journalist Barry Petcheski of sports publication tried to open his hotel room, but the door handle remained in his hand.
Disclaimer:
 Barry himself two days later wrote that this photo was taken not in Sochi. In addition, Barry said remarkable phrase: "The best part of each of the Olympics - the organizers of crap." links to evidencegossipsochi.ru...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Check it out .... funny catch ....

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The photo was taken just before they started playing Russian roulette with a semi auto pistol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join