It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Response to Sochi Problems Goes Creepily Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Maybe it's not finished because Sochians are masterbating all the time? That's why they need to get more cameras in the shower! lol

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In fairness, Russia made some remarks that pissed off a certain interest group that has a very powerful lobby with serious inroads in the media industry. That lobby group has a track record of all sorts of antics to 'blackball', or embarrass those whom it targets.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

buni11687
reply to post by Xcathdra

Sounds like these Olympics will be a horror fest. In addition to the OP article, here's this.

Don't forget how to use a toilet!

Others were greeted with a diagram offering the proper use of the bathroom facilities.

No fishing was among the “don’ts.”

Yeah you drink the urine sample water and can't puke it out in the toilet afterwards.

I go fishing all the time in my toilet. I cannot believe you can't fish

What's the last one about?
I cant tell if it means no gay sex or don't practice the Iron Cross on your ski's beside a toilet.

I'll assume the top right one, is not to spray as you pee, don't come and go at the same time maybe, or do men have to sit to pee? Haha It's the only one allowing what you can do. The spycams must be to check on toilet habits.

edit on 7-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Maybe so. Google changed to a rainbow today to support LGBT

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I believe that the last one is a syringe.

Anyway, it just dawned on me why that poster is there.
While it may seem asinine to us westerners, look at the middle picture on the right, and it should dawn on you that not everyone from some of these foreign countries knows what a toilet is or how to use one. The picture of the person squatting while standing on the toilet, is obviously because that is how people use the bathroom in a large areas of china, India, and other eastern countries. In case you've never seen a toilet from those areas of the world:

When you take it in that context its not as silly as it seems.

The second one down on the left is most likely not “don't throw up in the toilet”, but rather “don't drink from it”. The one below that is more likely “don't eat anything or use it to prepare food” rather then "Don't fish out of it”. Again, there are people in the world who have no idea what a toilet is, and may consider it anything from a drinking fountain to a potable water source to prepare food in.

They're dealing with people coming in from the world over, not just us westerners, and how do you convey a concept like “don't prepare food in the nice ceramic water filled bowl” on a chart like that?

edit on 2/7/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I can see your point.
It might be easier to just have one sign showing the act of urination to alert others that's what it's for though.

Unless you're a cat, it would be fairly hard to drink out of a toilet.

I couldn't tell it was a syringe. A water bottle maybe.

Wow I did not know there were toilets like your picture.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Under the circumstances I don't think they get washed, just flipped over.
It appears they are stingy with water use.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

When you take into account that the majority of the world's population lives in those areas, that is really the most common type of toilet in the world. Don't forget that a modern toilet requires a modern plumbing/water/sewage or plumbing/well/septic system to work, and only a small fraction of the world has those facilities.

There was a push a few years back to bring modern plumbing and bathrooms into India, but it didn't work at first because people used them for living areas, food preparation, and even grain storage. Sometime the new bathrooms were nicer then the houses that the folks lived in, so they used them for other purposes and continued to use the streets as bathrooms. Its a real world health issue, and you can search around on google to find out more about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

LadySkadi
Well, everyone was warned about no expectations of privacy (incl in your hotel) before hand...

If you genuinely believe you're living a private life today, I've got some wonderful swamp land in Florida to sell you....

And besides...I'm a father...I *know* I have no privacy !!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

MissBeck

cosmicexplorer
the nsa wants to catch me masterbating...the russians want to catch me masterbating....its all about catching people masterbating

Oh my! I hope they aren't planning on turning it into a new Olympic event.

Haha well after being single for a year I think I would be the USA's top candidate hahah Heyo! Sorry for the obnoxious joke but I had to!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, at least we know what they spent that 51 billion on.

www.businessweek.com...

The new road and railway to Krasnaya Polyana, the mountain resort that will host the ski and snowboard events of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics...

The 31-mile Adler-to-Krasnaya Polyana project is among its most ambitious...

Among Russians, the project is famous for a different reason: its price tag. At $8.7 billion, it eclipses the total cost for preparations for the last Winter Olympics in Vancouver in 2010. A report by opposition politicians Boris Nemtsov and Leonid Martynyuk calculated that the Russian state spent three times more on the road than NASA did for the delivery and operation of a new generation of Mars rovers. An article in Russian Esquire estimated that for the sum the government spent on the road, it could have been paved entirely with a centimeter-thick coating of beluga caviar.

And to think Putin can look at a camera and say there's no corruption in Russia with a straight face.

zeroBelief

LadySkadi
Well, everyone was warned about no expectations of privacy (incl in your hotel) before hand...

If you genuinely believe you're living a private life today, I've got some wonderful swamp land in Florida to sell you....

Yeah,...but there's a lot of swamp land in Florida, so that doesn't make any sense. The reason beach front property in Arizona is funny, is because it's land locked.

edit on 7-2-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

zeroBelief

LadySkadi

I think you meant to say beachfront property in Arizona, in other words it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That sounds about par for the course!

Nothing like government cameras in hotel room showers and to think that I'm supposed to be worried about the NSA's data collection programs. It's no wonder that Snowden chose Russia as his place of refuge, apparently they have a real appreciation for new spying techniques over there.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

LOL!

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah, what was especially creepy wasn't just the admission, but the blase way in which it was said, just in passing, to the media of the entire world.

"Yeah, we know about the showers, cause we're watching on video".

They know that there will be zero repercussions at home.

if this sort of statement was made in the USA, there would be calls for immediate Congressional hearings etc etc etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
the nsa wants to catch me masterbating...the russians want to catch me masterbating....its all about catching people masterbating

Is that a new Olympic sport?

Seriously, We went from two great Olympics to this fiasco. There is no need to poke fun or be creative in humor.
The Russians are hilarious just being themselves LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In all honesty im really surprised...at one point I thought...it just has to be media hype since Putin took a few jabs at Obama...but after hearing soooo much on it....it is kind of embarrassing considering, as you mentioned, past ones going off without any issues. Oh well in the end it falls on Russia's shoulders...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why are we perplexed that the hotels & such aren't finished. The Olympic Governing Body knew about Sochi prior to giving them these olympics. If this was in a larger more modern city in Russia such as St,Petersburg or Moscow, we would'nt be having this discussuion. The American equivalent to this would be having the olympics in the third or fourth largest city in Arkansas. Simply not enough infrastructure to get the task done. NOT A KNOCK ON ARKANSAS just used it as example. The olympics are'nt what they used to be. We need to stop pro atheletes from participating in any olympic sport. Masturbation as an olympic sport...to bad I'm not 14 anymore, I may have won a gold medal, silver for damn sure!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If this is the accomidations for the media, think what the paying visitors accomidations will look like, concrete walls, cold wet floors, and hard labor from 6 am -10 pm seems to fit. lol yikes. this is what happens when a powerful country goes through an economic implosion 20 years ago, and still trying to recover. America this could be our future. welcome to the 21st century

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Thank you for a good belly laugh.

F&S

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join