It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle to Vehicle communications coming soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I saw a report on a couple of the motoring websites the other day about the EU plans to incorporate remote stop systems into cars, for use by the police. See below:

www.carscoops.com...

“The project will work on a technological solution that can be a ‘built in standard’ for all cars that enter the European market,” said one of the restricted documents cited by The Telegraph. The devices may arrive in all new cars by the end of the decade and would be activated by a police officer working in front of a computer screen in a central headquarters.

Well I can see a big problem with that right away. Officers Dumb and Dumber get behind a vehicle they want to stop that is making off from an event and radio in to the operator the car registration to have the cars systems disabled. Nothing happens and the suspect car speeds away. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, there's gridlock due to a stopped car in the middle of a busy road that inexplicably just ground to a halt. Have they taken into account number plate cloning by criminals and insurance dodgers?
I am also sure that the tech used will, like all other government created systems, be as porous as a teabag, leading to immediate and serious hacking and other breaches, car theft and highway robberies.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I still say rail based systems are the way to go.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

This idea has been around for quite some time now. For them to try and implement this into a working model will be a huge waste of money.

It will be easy to hack, would be easy to abuse, police would demand the system info whenever they want, it could be used in court similar to the current 'black' boxes (which are flawed in their data collecting), etc.

As for traffic, there is already a system in place for interstates.

For emergency situations of no visibility fog/rain/snow/etc, people need to rely on their common sense instead of something they can blame the govt for.

But it seems the govt has sooo much money, they should invest (aka give their buddies) more money into a thing that is not needed now.

Besides, isn't there an app for that?

<< 1   >>

join