It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We eat Chinese hair in our daily bread , disgusting !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Misleading Title

You are not eating Chinese hair. You are consuming extracted L-cysteine. It's a natural amino acid. We need amino acids for our bodies to function. We need them to live.

It's not like you are literally eating physical follicles of a Chinese person's hair in your food, Let's not get ridiculous and sensationalize to the point of making fully false statements.

And on another note, did you know that strawberry yogurt is made from crushed Cochineals - those are beetles. Go eat some yogurt.

L-Cysteine is found in high protein related foods

Go eat your bread and yogurt - you'll have the protein breakfast of champions.

ETA: You might as well just stop eating food

edit on 2/6/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
One more reason to be thankful for the wonderful guy I married. He bakes fantastic bread; most beautiful French baguettes you can imagine, whole wheat with raisins..... All made with the simple ingredients his great aunt used when she was a baker. When I see the price of good, clean bread in the grocery store, I'm so thankful that he loves to make bread and is really good at it.
I know that it's all cultural bias, the way we view what we eat---I know that I've had a steady diet of animal hair my entire life...but I try to spend as little time as possible considering it.

Thanks for the post---the next time I'm debating about reaching for one of those pre-packaged bakery products, I'll remember this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Dunkin Donuts uses it.

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ieatbrains

Domino's pizza has it!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

boncho

Bedlam
Just wait until you guys figure out what Jello and marshmallows are.

"gelatin" sounds cool, but it's sort of disgusting. I haven't eaten Jello since I was a kid and discovered what it was.

That conversation went something like -

"Mom, I've been eating Jello forever. And I'm sitting here, with a bowl of it, and I'm asking myself, what in nature is clear and plastic-y like this?"

"Well, it's gelatin"

"But what is gelatin?"

"Horses' hooves. And cow hooves. And pig bones. And horse hide. They boil it down and you get gelatin. Jello is horse toenails"

eta: Ketsuko beat me to it by THIIIIIS much. Dagnabit.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Wait until you find out how they make jelly beans shiny.

well i read all your other posts, can't relly tell if your joking or what .
here is a utube , not the one i wanted but it will work. nothing but sugar, starch and food coloring. and there was another memeber who got it right they tumble them with hot syrup to polish and wax to make them shine.

edit on 7-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: i stand corrected, from the jelly belly ingredients list page. very last paragraph before footer.

Sugar, glucose syrup, modified cornstarch, dextrose, colours (anthocyanins, curcumin, natural colour pigments from apple, purple carrot and hibiscus; carotene, chlorophyll, safflower, spirulina, beet red, natural colour pigments from black carrot, black currant), acidity regulators (citric acid, malic acid), natural flavourings, lemon puree, banana puree, coconut, cherry juice concentrate, plum juice concentrate, glazing agents (shellac, beeswax, carnauba wax), strawberry juice concentrate, peach puree concentrate, orange juice concentrate, passion fruit juice concentrate, pineapple juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate

Ingredients list FAQ Jelly Belly

i always thought it was just beeswax and carnauba wax, learn something knew all the time.
edit on 7-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

PheonixReborn
Not sure I see why people are being disgusted by this. You're not eating human hair, you're eating a purified chemical compound which has been extracted from human hair.

I suppose humanity would never have ventured into space if astronauts were quite as fussy about drinking purified H2O extracted from human urine.

Because most people are very stupid.

Look how easy it was to shock, disgust, and terrify a bunch of people over something that really means nothing. And these are people that claim to be enlightened and more "with it" than your average person. Hmm.

And many of those people were unable to see any difference between hair, and a chemical in hair.

We eat bee vomit (honey)
We drink yeast poop (beer, wine, liquor, mead, etc)
Most of our flavorings and seasonings are things developed by plants to stop animals from feeding on them, chemical weapons in other words, so we are constantly sprinkling our food with chemical weapons.
We drink water that has been pooped out, pissed out, and thrown up a million times over by a million different animals.
We are cannibals, all the time. We are constantly consuming human skin in the form of dust (as well as other animal's skin of you have pets!)
But yeah, freak over the hair extract, use your emotions not logic, that's always the right choice.

Quite telling! The response to this thread scares me far more than the content of the OP! I'm thinking of trying my hand as a dictator of a third world country, because GOD are people ever easy to control.
edit on 8-2-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wow, very interesting stuff.
If they're doing this to bread, then imagine what is going into the meat.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I for one could care less. If it's such a big issue, you can bake your own bread fast and easy thanks to the modern break makers we have today. Just set it and forget it and voila, fresh bread.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Im in Australia so this doesn't apply here. Nothing against Asians many of their woman are cute.

Yes; Australia has very difficult immigration laws regarding some cultures/people inhabiting.
edit on 9-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
what part of " hair dissolved in hydrochloric acid" do you people not understand?....you do know that almost all of our fruit and vegetables we eat, have had animal and bug feces on them. the ground that crops grow in, are a virtual toilet that has decomposed all sorts of rotten and disgusting things....geez, man up for god's sakes, the amount of disgusting things that you have had inside your mouth, is probably a lot worse than any type of "bread" that you have eaten.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

jimmyx
what part of " hair dissolved in hydrochloric acid" do you people not understand?....you do know that almost all of our fruit and vegetables we eat, have had animal and bug feces on them. the ground that crops grow in, are a virtual toilet that has decomposed all sorts of rotten and disgusting things....geez, man up for god's sakes, the amount of disgusting things that you have had inside your mouth, is probably a lot worse than any type of "bread" that you have eaten.

I have fruit trees; best fertilizer ever? Horse manure and coffee grounds left to ferment together with H20 in 5 gallon buckets. Trees just love it. Isnt all top soil the result of rotted/decomposed vegetable matter (holding spores of ancient fungi), some cause a condition; 'Valley Fever" (southwestern US), scars the lungs.
edit on 9-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You've made your point. But that doesn't give them the right not telling us!.. The other points you're trying to justify are animal biological stuff. The dead skin cells are fought by immune systems if the body finds them intrusive. But those are all known facts you point out.

The bread issue is that it's not printed on the packing of the product we buy.. I want to know that this substance is added to my bread .!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join