It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Breaks Leg of 10-Year-Old Who Filmed Him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

RedParrotHead
I wonder what the police side of the story will be?

"The officer's actions were well within company policy".

Or something to that extent.

Just ask xCathdra......

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Blackmarketeer
Cops break a 10-year-old boy's leg with a kick then sexually assault mother...

Source: nydailynews.com

Courtney Silvera, age 10, was eating cereal at 7 a.m. on Jan. 30, 2013, when the police knocked on the door. They were looking for his mother's ex-boyfriend, who had possibly violated an order of protection. His grandmother, who is suffering from brain and lung cancer, answered the door but had difficulty understanding the cops' reason for being there, New York's Daily News reports. So Courtney grabbed his mom's cellphone and began recording the conversation.

One cop didn't like that, so he kicked the boy in the shin, breaking his leg, according to a complaint filed in Brooklyn Federal Court and seen by the Daily News.

"The police had come to our house before , and he's fascinated by the police; he looks up to them," Courtney's mom, Krystle Silvera, 30, a nursing student at Long Island University, told the Daily News in an exclusive interview.

Stories like this are surfacing on a nearly daily basis. The "Might makes Right" attitude is out of control.

While I have 2 friends who are active LEOs, I generally distrust LEOs. My friends are they type that look for a reason to not even ticket someone if at all possible. They are how LEOs used to be 60 years ago: polite, compassionate, reasonable, and fair. However, it seems that I read more and more of these reports, and it disgusts me. One poster mentioned canning a bad apple before the whole barrel is diseased. That is exactly what needs to happen.

Generally I also preach caution when assuming that the cops acted out of order, but seriously what can a 10 yr old and a slight of build partially-dressed woman do to 3 full-sized police officers? Filming in their own home, too. Ouch.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by leylandthinker

It really is about our legal system. It has adopted this us against them attitude and police can do no wrong, it's been out of control for a long time now. They now regularly ignore and overstep the rights of law abiding citizens and kill at will whether a threat exists or not and our legal system only very rarely holds any law enforcement officer accountable. If we were to find ourselves in a martial law situation or real shtf situation I think citizens in a lot of areas of our country would attack the police both out of fear of them and in retribution. That's a recipe for complete chaos.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Whoa you scared me man lol I really believed that was your true opinion. But sadly you are very correct in the sense that there are groups of people who think and speak like that on the internet and real life on a daily basis.

The police are really out of control here in the US. You really can't defend yourself from police. You resist their beating and it can result in acquiring some serious charges or worst death. No exaggeration as you can see by the increasing threads similar to this one in this fourm.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Trubl because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

TheConspiracyPages
reply to post by MALBOSIA

The police department is a gang, just like any other.

No, you're wrong. They're not just like any other, they're protected by the government.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How much do you wanna bet that these cops are former military.

Recruiting ex-military to be cops has to be one of the most insane ideas to date.

Even if theyre not, this should come as no surprise. People now fear cops more than they do criminals and rightfully so. A citizen can defend him or herself against a typical thug. Try and defend yourself against a criminal cop, get assaulted and arrested.

Cops are America's newest and largest gang/mafia/criminal cartel.

Not to mention that in NYC, cops are encouraged to break the law and violate civil rights via stop and frisk.

Without exception, EVERY interaction with police MUST be recorded.

edit on 6-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

It's worse than that. They are outsourcing to countries that hate American's.....which is convenient because they cannot be spotted in a country that is the melting pot of all cultures. They also get to be in a country that (to them at least) is now more free than freedom itself, not to mention the pay they get. The good guy cops....forget about them, they no longer exist, and the cop cars today reflect that. Do you remember when the police cars said "To protect and serve"? That is no longer their motto. (www.abovetopsecret.com...).Because it's currently illegal for the military to turn their guns on the American people, that have militarized the police force nation-wide, all cops dress in black, riot gear and all have the same cars, all trained for a paranoia against American's.....until they can figure out some way to get the military under total control and willing to turn their guns on American's. This is a constitutional issue and needs more work, but they did the same thing with cops as a template of what the military will soon do as well. The presidency was inhabited by a Muslim that was not legally approved to run our country, by the elites of unknown origin. This was a test, that passed...the military will be easy and will be inundated with any outsider that will be willing to kill American's for not submitting to their will. As aforementioned, this will be easy to do in a country that is rife with cultures of all types. No one will ever know or suspect. I do know for a fact however, that this was planned back in the days of Bush the first. They are military...Yes, but they are not from OUR military. This is why they have no quams about beating or shooting American's. They already hated us.

Don' ask me to expand on this. I will not.
edit on 7-2-2014 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That's what happens when Psychopaths and Sociopaths are given a badge and a gun.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

alienreality
This IS the behavior that will replace what will become obsolete, and that is being courteous and professional to people. When guns are banned like in NYC, the cops will act like this every single time, in every country with gun bans, without fail..

Got any proof that in places where there are gun bans that Cops act like this every single time?
From my perspective it is very much an American thing, not that it doesn't happen elsewhere it just seems to happen in USA frequently.
I have lived in UK for 35 years where guns have been pretty much banned all my life, I have yet to hear about anything like this in my area, just putting it out there.

By the way this has NOTHING to do with guns.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

This is very much about the American mentality.

Americans have been brainwashed and conditioned to think they are better and greater than.

Many think that they, not the country, is superior to other countries and peoples. They never learned the lesson from the Sneetches.

When we are all walking around with our noses in the air, chests poked out,thinking we are special because we a have a star upon thars, we are bound to trip over our feet or drown with the first rain storm.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Is it asking too much to see her pierced breasts? (-Oh, I'm joking! lol)

Seriously? Some cops get WAY too angry these days when someone tries to film them. They better get used to it, as most people have cameras on their cellphones now. (....Unless somewhere down the line Obama makes it a crime to film the police in action.)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
WTF, Why would the police go to the hospital for minor injuries, what to the heart and mind. They should be put on trial just like any other person who injures someone. These police believe they are better than the average person, WRONG , they are average people.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

First off: America IS superior. And in MOST places, police are not beating and shooting people. In some places - yes, but it is like that in every damn country. It is part of the human condition - people abuse authority, which is why *checks and balances* must be in place.

Now, if you don't like America, stop talkin smack before we come over there and abuse our authority (just kiddin about the abuse part - we try to avoid abusing our authority).

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

America has by far the largest number of attendees at the Bilderberg group, at about 1/3rd.

All ur bases are belong to us.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

First off: America IS superior. And in MOST places, police are not beating and shooting people. In some places - yes, but it is like that in every damn country. It is part of the human condition - people abuse authority, which is why *checks and balances* must be in place.

I hope you're being facetious, because I can recall quite a few instances of police abusing their powers here in the good 'ol USA, and the cover-ups that followed. How about LA cops gunning down innocent and unarmed men on a bridge during Katrina? Or the murders of Civil Right's workers by a Sheriff's office in MS? You'll find plenty of incidents to make you rethink how "superior" we are. We're no different and no better than other countries, in fact when it comes to police abuse we're far down in the rankings, as we willingly embrace the police state apparently, so long as it usually applies to minorities. We love our corporate-controlled media, and we buy into whatever cover-ups and excuses they spin us. I mean, Rodney King deserved that beating right? And organizations like the ACLU are mocked and hated as "communist fronts" by Americans.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I honestly believe there needs to be greater psychological testing done before you give a person a gun and a badge... It seems that the most unstable are cops today and love bending/breaking rules on a daily basis... I understand that there are good cops out there, who constantly do the right thing, but you guys are so few and far between that it's not even funny...

Military and police departments seem to take anyone... This here is the problem, because not everyone is fit to have that type of power given to them...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think the majority of us would like to see justice done in this case, but I am not so certain that things will work out that way. See, the problem is that to a court of law, at least much of the time, the word of a police officer will be taken more seriously than that of anyone else, especially a child. It is not fair, but that is how it happens.

The only way I can see this working out for the best is IF they still have the audio/video of the incident, and it provides some type of proof. Without that, it is a toss-up as to whether this cop will be punished. IF he even did it in the first place. I hate abuses of power as much as anyone, but there is also a preponderance of the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude in our society, which is obviously the opposite of how it should be.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neilarm

We don't have a legal system, we have a class separation system. With enough money and friends you can get away with just about anything, legal or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

In addition to my previous post here a few pages ago and your post, an fMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) a brain scan, which is similar to a standard MRI, only the focus is on the brain, can almost always determine if one is sociopathic/psychopathic.

It's a very effective and valuable tool that we really should be utilizing but that TPTB do not want or plan to utilize but that we really should be using before appointing judges, congress or electing political leaders and hiring law enforcement, and really anyone in a position where the potential to abuse their power is high.

Nope. Instead they are simply required to pee in a plastic cup to prove they aren't a substance abuser and pass a medical/physical exam and a series of psychological tests that can be manipulated. No fMRI required. Ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

No, you're wrong. They're not just like any other, they're protected by the government.

I took a step, you took a step and now I'll take another. The government is a gang and the police are it's enforcers, or at least one subset of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It was a generalized statement, and meant to be funny.

Anyways, like I said, it depends on where you are in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join