It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Breaks Leg of 10-Year-Old Who Filmed Him

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Cops break a 10-year-old boy's leg with a kick then sexually assault mother...

Source: nydailynews.com

Courtney Silvera, age 10, was eating cereal at 7 a.m. on Jan. 30, 2013, when the police knocked on the door. They were looking for his mother's ex-boyfriend, who had possibly violated an order of protection. His grandmother, who is suffering from brain and lung cancer, answered the door but had difficulty understanding the cops' reason for being there, New York's Daily News reports. So Courtney grabbed his mom's cellphone and began recording the conversation.

One cop didn't like that, so he kicked the boy in the shin, breaking his leg, according to a complaint filed in Brooklyn Federal Court and seen by the Daily News.

"The police had come to our house before , and he's fascinated by the police; he looks up to them," Courtney's mom, Krystle Silvera, 30, a nursing student at Long Island University, told the Daily News in an exclusive interview.

Stories like this are surfacing on a nearly daily basis. The "Might makes Right" attitude is out of control.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

American cops are just the worst u only hear about american cops doin these things what
is it about the american justice system

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This IS the behavior that will replace what will become obsolete, and that is being courteous and professional to people. When guns are banned like in NYC, the cops will act like this every single time, in every country with gun bans, without fail..

If I had to live in NYC I would still carry a weapon with 15-20 round capacity.
Either that, or give up being a human being with any dignity or self respect..

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is there ever a reason to break the leg of a child?

Well, I guess it could be worse, they could of shot him.

And what a Day in our society when a Child has his leg broken, and the thought he could of been shot is not so far fetched.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

At first glance these are pretty damning allegations. The police show up something happens and the kids ends up with a broken leg. Apparently the video doesn't show too much, but the audio should be helpful in the investigation. I wonder what the police side of the story will be?

If everything is proven to have happened as the mother and son described then that cop is in deep doo-doo. Hopefully

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

It doesn't matter- there is no reason this cop should have abused a child. He's an adult. The kid is TEN. It's not like the kid is a 6'6" 220 pound man.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm impressed by this kid. Not only is he smart enough to record the whole thing, but he came out of it with a positive outlook.

“I told my mom being a detective would be cool,” the youngster said.
“I want to be a better detective than the one who did this.”

Glad he didn't get shot/tased though.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Anyone else think the only reason those officers went to get checked for "minor injuries" was to cover their own bleeps?

Absolutely despicable what they did not only to the son, but to the mother as well. They all need to be fired. And brought up on charges.

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Had it been my 10 year old son, whichever foot that cop used to break his leg would be on display over my fireplace.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Anyone else think the only reason those officers went to get checked for "minor injuries" was to cover their own bleeps?

Absolutely despicable what they did not only to the son, but to the mother as well. They all need to be fired. And brought up on charges.

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read that. Total ass-covering move. The fact they walked right back out of the hospital is a good indicator this was just for the record to bolster the "resisting arrest" claim. THREE grown men, claiming they got assualted by a 10-yr old and his mother, but I suppose when the cop kicked the kid in the leg breaking it, he might have stubbed his little toe...

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He should be arrested and thrown in with the general population in prison I'm sure the cons would love to have a little chat with him about what he did. Children shouldn't be harmed especially by people who are supposed to be role models to children.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

How much do you wanna bet that these cops are former military.

Recruiting ex-military to be cops has to be one of the most insane ideas to date.

Even if theyre not, this should come as no surprise. People now fear cops more than they do criminals and rightfully so. A citizen can defend him or herself against a typical thug. Try and defend yourself against a criminal cop, get assaulted and arrested.

Cops are America's newest and largest gang/mafia/criminal cartel.

Not to mention that in NYC, cops are encouraged to break the law and violate civil rights via stop and frisk.

Without exception, EVERY interaction with police MUST be recorded.

edit on 6-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

So lets just skip the investigation and trial? The cops are 100% guilty already?

Everyone here is so convinced it went down exactly as the mother & son say. I'm not saying it didn't because it sure looks that way- but let's at least hear both sides.

Is that crazy to suggest?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

When it comes to child abuse? Yes. He's guilty. He should have a trial and be convicted of child abuse, if not more, including being prevented from having the chance to abuse his own children (if he has them). He broke a childs' leg simply for filming.

When do you think it's ok to break a childs legs?
edit on 17u4005pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

Oh, I didn't realize you were an eye witness. My bad. People never get injured then are less than honest on how it happened...never. What time & place should we posse up for the lynching?
edit on 2/6/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Horrible and even though it is a 10 year old, it had to be a more than causal kick to break his leg, geez! Kicking him for recording, without any aggression towards the cop?
Now there are sexual allegations from the mother:

While Silvera was being restrained, her breast popped out of her bra revealing a pierced nipple, according to the suit.
“The officer flicked the piercing, he flicked the ring up with his finger on my right breast,” she said. “He said, ‘Is this what mothers look like these days?’
“My neighbors saw me naked. It was degrading. I can deal with the embarrassment of what (the police) did to me in front of my neighbors, but the hardest thing is explaining to my kids that not all police are bad,” she added.
Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

I was going to post a thread last night on cops breaking the arm of another kid and then I thought, nah, why post another abuse story, but these things are almost daily now.

benswann.com...

How about some new repercussions for these incidents, beyond financial compensation, like mandatory termination for any excessive incident like this period! Some jail time would be suitable also! Mandatory minimums anyone?
edit on 6-2-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
the police just dont seem to care and as another poster mentioned the cops are role models for kids and that is a pretty crappy role model....if this is true and the scary 10 year old was only filming and had his leg broken for the pleasure of it....then these coppers should be locked up prison and let the other inmates deal with them....i wonder if they would still act tough in that situation?

if this behaviour continues there will be another "Rodney King" incident in the very near future

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It ridiculous that people haven't opened their eyes and aren't at least trying to stop this enslavement of the American people.

It is bad enough that we have a rogue government that is stealing and criminalizing the American people, we are allowing the police to be jack boot enforcers of this controlled take over and they forcing us to pay them for this abuse.

My mother an elderly lady was attacked by some fly by hoodlum, and when I called the police to report the incident, he treated us like we were an inconvenience and worse then gum on the bottom of his shoe. All I got to my questions was a "Nope." "Yep." and the rest of the time, silence as he filled out the report. He didn't even bother to even look at us when he spoke.Looking at the report the whole time.

He was rude, abrupt and showed no concern for my mother at all, even when it was clear that she was very upset by the whole event.

The police that claim that it is only a rare bad apple, and the rest of them are squeaky clean, then they need to become proactive and remove these apples from the barrel themselves before they destroy the whole barrel. People are only going to take so much of this abuse before things start to get real ugly.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
We need a federal law to prosecute police who interfere with photographers and videographers. Also police should be charged and prosecuted with double punishment for crimes committed on duty/in uniform.

I also think there should be a one and done bee sting law. If a cop kills anyone in the line of duty (right or wrong) they are automatically retired.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I knew cops were a joke, the first time I saw a bunch of those idiots clobbering peaceful protesters. I knew it was all a front. They have a terrible PR issue on their hands and they don't seem to care. From the looks of things, it could get violent out there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join