It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Great minds think alike ... or we've both got time on our hands

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, DANG, Gortex! How did you beat me to this?!?!? lol!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've always wondered why aliens never took over the earth during the "ancient" times? when a good spear was the biggest threat they'd face if they landed?. Land here now and potentially they'd receive a face full of phosphorous or radiation tipped bullets! why wait until the species they've been in and around for years is at its most violent?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

goodison3
I've always wondered why aliens never took over the earth during the "ancient" times? when a good spear was the biggest threat they'd face if they landed?

If you have the ability and power to travel between stars, the why take over anywhere? Pretty much anything they could ever want or need they can either create or pick up from any of the billions of chunks of rock floating around in space. What would be in it for them?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goodison3

Well, IF they were here and they didn't "take over the Earth," then perhaps they don't want to?

Of course, its still an IF as to the "ancient alien" visitations, but that is an interesting question to think about! I guess, as Stanton Friedman mentions, with humanity's trillion dollar a year world military expense while children are dying of preventable diseases and starvation, many people tend to think a highly advanced alien race would do what we did to the less technologically advanced cultures we happened upon... We all know how that worked out... But what if they (the Aliens) are better than us? Not just with their tech? What if they aren't war-mongering enslavers? What if they have evolved out of that stage? I don't know, of course - it's all conjecture, empty questions and supposition, but again, interesting to think about...

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Stan's Greatest Bits in a few minutes there.

He's a good "infotainer" if you aren't familiar with the subject.

I think he's done a lot to introduce the concept to a wider audience and reduce the snicker factor down the years but he uses the same sound bites, time after time, and has done for over a decade now.

Once you've heard him talk you will recognise the cliches "....the planet's favourite activity is tribal warfare" along with slight re-mixes of that phrase being his current No.1. Although I was disappointed not to hear "noisy negativists" included in his set list. I suppose at his advanced age and being in the field so long he's stuck on repeat these days.

edit on 6/2/14 by mirageman because: Had to use snicker as word filter didn't like it's synonym

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Josh. great stuff! Love Stanton. But have been wondering, as I think someone else mentioned, why hasn't he made more progress than where he was a few years back on getting to the truth? Anyways, good Stuff! Keep em comin'. Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A lot of starving and diseased children (along with the healthy and full ones) wouldn't even exist without the trillions spent on the military industry, which drives a lot of the worldwide economy, including technological advances. The disease and starvation is a result of political disagreements and regional conflicts. The "aliens" might have a better handle on that stuff if they're extremely brutal and efficient, and don't allow any divergent political views or reproduction beyond available resources. No children = no starving/diseased children.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

DTOM is short for Don't Tread On Media. Josh's Forum. Syx.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Either Stanton is a gullible old timer, or he got some intelligence apparatus dookie on his hands with that MJ-12 stuff ala his ol' buddy Bill Moore. I'm guessing his hands are dirty...and a lil' smelly. Certainly he's a fossil.

He's not even that great an archivist in spite of his vast knowledge of UFO cases because he omits any high-strangeness aspects as Schuyler pointed out. Friedman, to me, is the epitome of what I call "Pop-Ufology" and the number one reason I started spending my money on UFO literature more wisely. I guess I owe him that.

I like Josh and DTOM, but I stopped wasting my time listening to Stanton years ago, so I'll have to pass on this one and thank gortex and AboveBoard for the transcript.

Catch ya' next time, Josh, as long as it ain't Friedman Part II.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I cannot figure out why people claim no good evidence exist.If Stan Rominek is telling the truth with what He has shown as evidence they aliens as well as UFOs being piloted by aliens are real.Or ET of some sort,could also be demonic forces if this man Stan Rominek is not hoaxing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Ah no worries haha, it's hard to make videos that appeal to everyone. We won't be having a Stanton Part II but we will have some audio inserted into other videos with the same topic. He did mention some interesting things with regards to private corporations that are picking up where NASA left off with regards to space exploration

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Humans may see Stanton as synonymous with the Ufo phenomenon but name one Ufo that has every dropped by his place for a coffee or tea. These Aliens really have no respect.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Aliens were not intrested on us they were intrested of our resources like gold etc.. if they were here.
If there would be rich resources in Mars or Moon and some low level inhabitants ( insects to us ) would we be intrested in them other than observe and slice a few samples or mine the resources... you guess.
We would mine too.. till the resources runs low.

Just a point of view .. bare with me

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Notheycant
...He did mention some interesting things with regards to private corporations that are picking up where NASA left off with regards to space exploration.

Well, I have to admit I'm all ears on that aspect.

Was Bigelow Aerospace mentioned, btw?

What's cool about your venture is not only that you're truly talented and very likable, but it will be interesting to see how your views evolve as you pursue the topic with your obvious passion.

edit on 6-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A little surprised at the high school level comedy skit stuff thrown in. Kinda makes it seem less serious in subject matter. I suppose some will think it adds to the content though. Guess it represents the current level of presentation in conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Jobeycool
I cannot figure out why people claim no good evidence exist.If Stan Rominek is telling the truth with what He has shown as evidence they aliens as well as UFOs being piloted by aliens are real.Or ET of some sort,could also be demonic forces if this man Stan Rominek is not hoaxing.

Sure, there's evidence, but of what? We got a Point A, but we don't even know what Point B is.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

AboveBoard
Ok - I dusted off the old clerical skills and here ya go...
Cool that you got to talk to Stanton Friedman - I know the technical problems are a pain to deal with!! There were a couple of words I couldn't get, but the conversation is 99.9% here...

Also, the sixth reason for the cover up? Does anyone know?? Thanks! (This is stuff he talks about a bunch - I'm sure someone here knows...I know I've heard it before...)

(And: reply to post by Alundra

)

peace,
AB

FOUR BASIC RULES FOR THE DEBUNKERS

1. Don’t bother me with the facts, my mind is made up.
2. What the public doesn’t know, I’m not going to tell them.
3. If you can’t attack the data, attack the people – its easier and nobody will know the difference. And…
4. Do your research by proclamation. Investigation is too much trouble anyway.

Surely Stanton - I'm available for any conference for the right price - Freedman has got that the wrong way round? That seems to apply just as equally if not more so to people who believe without evidence? I guess that wouldn't earn him much though would it?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

probably not the nearest pub

“Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.”

ahhh , no more book

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

AH! No I forgot to mention Bigelow! Nevertheless it was still interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join