It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to the site, looking for info on PacNW UFO sightings...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I reside in Tacoma, WA and have spent most of my life with a less than passing interest in paranormal subjects. That changed in May of 1998 in Moses Lake, WA. I witnessed an aerial object which defied all laws of known aerodynamics perform high-g maneuvers in perfect viewing conditions. 2 other witnesses saw the object as well. This sighting disturbed me on a very deep level and caused me to seek out any information I could on the subject.

And therein lies the problem. So many theories are scrambling for the attention of someone who is genuinely seeking an answer to a problem that seems to know how to dance around the periphery of reality. How to discern the real researchers from the crackpots, or worse, people engaging in disinformation campaigns (and yes I believe such things go on)?

Roughly 3 years ago a very close friend who has ZERO interest in the UFO phenomena saw what can only be described as a highly advanced craft in the area of Commencement Bay late at night over the downtown Tacoma area. I know him not to be a liar, and his fear over what he saw was very real.

If you are from the Pacific Northwest region and have seen anything or had any experiences with unidentified aerial phenomena, please feel free to reply, and I would be happy to provide more details on my own experience as well as my friends (he chooses to remain anonymous but has allowed me to relay his story).

I chose to post at this site due to seeing posts from George Knapp and John Lear (2 guys who don't send my BS meter into overdrive and who seem to strike a fine balance of passion and level-headedness toward the subject), as well as the posters themselves, who seem to crave intelligent discourse on the subject as opposed to the general snarkiness and crudity that posting anonymously provides shelter for.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with any information on the subject...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here, Try this link out for your report curiosities www.nuforc.org... happy hunting

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
looks like you've been in spitting distance all along

After 32 years in the Seattle area, the National UFO Reporting Center is moving to a new locale in eastern Washington, a decommissioned U. S. Air Force ICBM missile base, located between the towns of Davenport and Harrington, WA, in Lincoln County. This photo of our new "digs" shows the property as it looked in the early 1960's

edit on 6-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

I've heard about this place, its on the other side of the mountains from me. I've also read alot about the Maury Island incident (happened here in my backyard) but evryone is so split down the middle on the subject, its nearly impossible to discern truth from fiction. I grew up in Farmington, NM, which is a stone's throw from Aztec, and the same rules applied: half the population of the town swears a craft crashed there somewhere in the Roswell era, the other half laughs at the notion, and all the main stage players are dead or nowhere to be found.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Interesting area. taken from www.tinynet.com... "Area 201" just North of Moses Lake, WA. Near the site of an abandoned Air Force base, which is still an alternative landing site for the space shuttle. Area 201 is a hot bed for all kinds of paranormal activity. Potatoes, onions and other forms of vegetation have been observed levitating through the air near this spot. True to Harland's nature, as you can see in this photo taken by myself on 6 May 2007, he has one foot over the line. "Blame government, I want to know what's going on!"

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

It brings up an interesting point that occurred to me more than once: could an EBE (if that is, in fact, what pilots the vehicles) interest in the area have something to do with the massive nuclear disaster which is Hanford, WA, which isn't that far away?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hey i dont read all but its weird noone gave you a flag, here have a free one

Welcome

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Midwayr253

Welcome ! Strap yourself in for a Wild Ride! Syx.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I lived in Chehalis WA in the late '90's and there were interesting things going on that I did not pay much attention to at the time. Weird goo falling in the rain, bright, low flying lights...but one thing stands out. I had been given a telescope for Christmas and I was packing it in to the house, up our driveway. The night was clear, cold, dark and the stars were awesome. My eye froze to the eyepiece sometimes I would look so long. As I was walking, I noticed a really bright star that I hadn't looked at, and stopped to consider it. As I was looking at it, it brightened, stretched out in the manner of a rubberband. It seemed to snap back on itself and diappeared heading east. I don't know if it was aliens or anything like that, but I think that if it was from Earth...I hope to God it's one of ours!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

Thanks...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

Strange. Talked to a guy I worked with who said that here in Tacoma a few years back, evening time, he was driving, light traffic flow, and a bright blue flash spread across the entire sky, cloudless night, then was gone. He said people (him included) pulled over and were searching the sky, but there was nothing to be seen. Its strange up here. Mt. Adams in particular is a spot to see them almost regularly...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Midwayr253

Welcome to ATS!

There are many UFO stories on my thread (over 200 pgs), including my own encounters.
I would love you to stop in and share your story with us. Click on my signature.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Something seems to be going on, but there's so much craziness and I think it makes reasonable people tend to judge the whole subject as a result of said craziness. I believe some of the cases are genuinely strange and they get buried by all of it. Unfortunately, even the best cases do not carry enough evidence to arrive at one undeniable conclusion. There're no dead alien bodies or crashed alien spaceships or alien artifacts or things of that nature which could be studied in a lab. So what's a reasonable person to believe? We'd love to believe there're aliens, assuming the story has hope, but if the evidence is too shallow then what? And when probably 90 percent of the cases are obvious misidentifications of conventional phenomena, it's very hard to not judge hte whole phenomena as the result of crazy people.

I know something is going on because I've talked to people about it. I know people aren't proof and I know this isn't strong enough evidence, but it's so hard for me to disregard what people say. Before I really got entrenched on hte internet I talked to people face to face. It's easy to ignore them, I guess, if you just call them crazy or think they're delusional or don't trust them.

Maybe I have too much trust in people and should be more skeptical, but it's hard. Maybe I'm gullible. People are delusional, in general, right? 90% of people believe in God. Lots of research shows how irrational we're. Most witnesses report incorrect details. People are not objective camaras, they're subjective opinions.

Maybe 10 years ago or more I heard on the radio about some UFO sightings in Redmond or Richland or something. Somewhere in Washington, south of Seattle I think. I heard Walla Walla had had some sightings, I think. Everywhere, honestly. Everywhere across the country you can find something somewhere. Just keep in mind most reports are misidentifications of conventional phenomena.

Nowadays, with all their drones and hightech systems, the military can probably fake a good ufo sighting. 40 years ago it was harder. We also have CGI.

Maybe just maybe one or two cases were alien. The rest are craziness and military and natural things. But with no evidence, it's just my own speculation.

Wish I could sya that one thing that'd answer some of your questions and wrap it up, but like you I don't have the answers. All I know is there're a lot of people around here and across hte world that have seen things. Everytime you step out the door for a normal day of work, you're passing people who've seen things. Are they crazy? I don't know. But you're passing them all hte time. And even people in government and police have seen things too. They pass by without a single mention of anything out of hte ordinary. Hello. Goodbye! You look familiar? Have a good day, sir. Morning! That's what they'll say. Even your closest friends.
edit on 8-2-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join