posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:20 AM
This is the typical discussion about patent rights.
Between CARE and GREED.
Between OMNI-CARING individuals and EGO-CARING ones.
Between REASONABLE PROFIT and MAXIMAL PROFIT.
In its basic essence, it's the controversy between socialism and capitalism.
The only cure from a socialist's viewpoint would be :
The only cure from a capitalist's viewpoint would be :
1. Reform the educational system, concentrate on the maximal individual needs.
1. Reform the educational system, concentrate on the minimal individual needs.
2. All, and each individual profit most of the economy.
2. All individuals profit enough from the economy.
3. All medical research is cost-covering, with a fixed and reasonable overhead maximal profit.
3. All medical research is cost-covering, with any overhead maximal profit.
4. All costs shall be subject to quarterly audits by a board of 50 % sick and 50 % healthy individuals from the community.
4. All costs shall be subject to quarterly audits by a board of directors.
5. The audit board shall be directed by 5 terminally sick individuals, and they will be chosen by 80 % of the board.
5. The audit board shall be presided by the owner, with decisive power.
6. The audit board shall be chosen by paper ballots, and the ballots shall be digitally stored for 100 years or 4 generations (which ever comes
first), openly viewable by any individual.
6. The audit board shall be chosen by the owner and a majority of the shareholders.
7. There will only be openly accessible medical publications.
7. There will be medical publications and patents.
8. All the above can NEVER be amended by any law.
8. All the above can EVER be amended by any law.
It will never lead to a solution, let it be, a working solution. Without bloodshed.