It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Officials Fire Back at Olympic Critics

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

amkia
all these trolling is the result of Russian’s anti-gay stand nothing more nothing less.

So the fact that the hotels aren't built; the rooms aren't finished; that doorknobs are missing; that showers dont' work; that Russia says they have cameras in the showers; the rooms are in shambles and filthy, etc etc .... that is all just imagination? Yeah ... okay.

defcon5
The Olympics have been held in a lot of other, even poorer and more corrupt countries, and this has never happened before, so why this time?

Those places got their crap together and made it work. Russia didn't.

You all can think it's a conspiracy because of Russias anti-gay stand if you like. But nothing they are reporting is false. None of it is made up. And there has been no big daily chatter out of those networks trying to stir things up with the anti-gay stuff. You'd think there would be if they were so upset that they were staging bad hotel rooms ... etc etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Do you people seriously want to ignore the story about massive corruption causing problems for Russia?

Because we all know that the Russian mob went into that guys room and stole a handful of screws out of his curtain rod, and a few doorknobs. After all the black market value of those items would really make it worth their while, right?

I have a better idea, look into the affiliations of the media folks who are doing the majority of the screaming over there, and the real truth will become obvious.

Heck, even go to the Google home page today, and you can see what this is really all about...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I don't usually speak or entertain this site anymore. you know the shills and all. looks as though today they are working hard for their money!

but I find all this bashing of the Russian held Olympic games just a tad suspicious, at the least, considering Syria, the European missile battery and the fact Russia has stopped selling us any missiles whatsoever since 01/01/2014. this is all very convenient. you know what I find even more suspect, is how it mainly seems to be the American media pushing this agenda. I wont call it lies, but the u.k. telegraph paints a rather nicer picture. why would one western media outlet bash to no end with very thin proof that would not hold up in court. at least not 40 years ago. now all you really need is money and you can plead "affluence".

im putting the link to the telegraph article and maybe you can look for the truth in the middle somewhere.
www.telegraph.co.uk... 0604717/russia-sochi-olympics-preview.html
one of those should work.

there have been a lot of the U.S. media saying the athletes are griping about how hard everything is, and I find this in the article.

No expense has been spared to convince Russians to visit Sochi’s slopes rather than head off to Europe’s traditional alpine resorts. Rosa Khutor, the crown jewel, has one of the world’s longest vertical drops and was built with the help ofEuropean and US experts. At the highest elevations, if you blink, you would think you were in Switzerland or Austria.

so they brought in the experts to design everything. maybe these media outlets should tell the athletes the Russians aren't to blame for games being so hard, but instead it is their peers who designed it so hard. there is an extreme amount of false propaganda going down here. if you cant see that you are either getting paid to help promote the propaganda or just so wrapped up in your own little world that you cant possibly see beyond your own borders or town limits. this site used to deny ignorance, now it instead seems to promote and revel in ignorance.

Love

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

FlyersFan
So the fact that the hotels aren't built; the rooms aren't finished; that doorknobs are missing; that showers dont' work; that Russia says they have cameras in the showers; the rooms are in shambles and filthy, etc etc .... that is all just imagination? Yeah ... okay.

No, its an agenda.
The same type of agenda that the same interest group has used for years to humiliate corporations and individuals, and attempt to put them in a bad light, or even out of business.

FlyersFan

There is an Olympic commission that oversees this stuff, and I am sure that they have to do progressive inspections as the time approaches. I believe that they have to have a certain amount of the facilities finished even BEFORE they are allowed to bid for a chance to host an Olympic Game.

My city was going to bid to host it once, and they were going to make us tax payers foot the bill to build all this infrastructure simply so we could bid to have it, without any guarantee of winning that bid.

FlyersFan
But nothing they are reporting is false. None of it is made up.

Oh, really, so your over there and have confirmed this with first hand experience?

FlyersFan
And there has been no big daily chatter out of those networks trying to stir things up with the anti-gay stuff. You'd think there would be if they were so upset that they were staging bad hotel rooms ... etc etc.

Right, no chatter about this at all:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

if it hasn't been blown out of proportion then why did Medvedev feel he had to address it as a problem created from the outside?

[en.ria.ru...[/url]

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

FlyersFan

amkia
all these trolling is the result of Russian’s anti-gay stand nothing more nothing less.

defcon5
The Olympics have been held in a lot of other, even poorer and more corrupt countries, and this has never happened before, so why this time?

You all can think it's a conspiracy because of Russias anti-gay stand if you like. But nothing they are reporting is false. None of it is made up. And there has been no big daily chatter out of those networks trying to stir things up with the anti-gay stuff. You'd think there would be if they were so upset that they were staging bad hotel rooms ... etc etc.

Flyers.

Normally I respect and understand your posts and opinions...

However, here I have trouble understanding you...

In my own opinion, you surely have a chip on your shoulder about Russia after reading your posts here and in another thread too.... I might be wrong... if so I would love for you to prove me otherwise.

May I suggest that you read the links here that I posted earlier and also on another thread and also in-between the lines? :

www.theguardian.com...

www.racismnoway.com.au...

Please feel free to answer back once you have studied those two links and any other similar articles.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

what I would like to know, is what is sooo bad about russias law towards homosexuals?
everything I have read about it, it only has to do with gay people expressing their lifestyle in front of children. they are trying to combat pedophilia, not to discourage homosexuality. it is not punishable by jail, at least not first offense, it is a fine. they have fined 2 gay activists so far, for preaching around children.
is it wrong of others to try and protect the children now? especially with all the rampant child molesting and trafficking going on among the western elites coming to light in the last few years!!!
what I find disturbing, is a group of people bashing a nation for trying to protect their children from others perversions.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

letscit
reply to post by defcon5

what I would like to know, is what is sooo bad about russias law towards homosexuals?
everything I have read about it, it only has to do with gay people expressing their lifestyle in front of children. they are trying to combat pedophilia, not to discourage homosexuality. it is not punishable by jail, at least not first offense, it is a fine. they have fined 2 gay activists so far, for preaching around children.
is it wrong of others to try and protect the children now? especially with all the rampant child molesting and trafficking going on among the western elites coming to light in the last few years!!!
what I find disturbing, is a group of people bashing a nation for trying to protect their children from others perversions.

Homosexuals are NOT pedophiles!!!!!!!! Pedophiles are pedophiles. If gay people are not allowed to "express their lifestyle" in front of children, then heterosexuals should not be allowed to express their lifestyle in front of children, right?

Russia's laws discriminate against homosexuals, period.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

if you cant understand what is wrong with promoting sex, of any kind, around children. bye!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

letscit
reply to post by kaylaluv

if you cant understand what is wrong with promoting sex, of any kind, around children. bye!

The the laws should state that, without talking about sexual orientation at all. But that's not what their laws state. Their laws don't state specifically that heterosexuals can't express their lifestyle around children. But boy, they sure are specific about homosexuals!

Back to the topic, I can't say for sure because I am not personally there, but I suspect there may be a combination of horrible conditions and a little backlash from the pro-gay rights media. I don't think they are outright lying about the conditions, but they may be only too eager to point them out...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It's funny to see so many people brown nosing russia. Some people haven't mentally got out of high school.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join