It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My recent dreams are evolving into personal experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When I was younger, I often had dreams of always running from something unknown and terrifying. Most of the time I would survive these dreams until awakening, but several times I would be killed by something faceless, and cruel. These dreams I would wake up shaken with the fear lasting for hours. I often thought that these dreams as having to do with normal fears in my teen age years, like others dream of snakes, or falling. They also disappeared after several years.

For years after that the only dreams I have suffered made no sense, and only involved unimportant people from my past with whom i had little interaction. These had little meaning, and no psychological significance. Junk dreams!

These last few years I have started to dream of my family, and friends. Two dreams in particular came true in very different ways. The first was a dream of my father being tortured, my mother and I helpless in another room. Trying to think of ways to save him. We knew it was life or death, but helpless to save him. The dream ended with no evidence of its final ending. Keep in mind there where several incidents in this dream that stayed in my mind, but did not think of as significant at the time. The next morning I was shaken but thought another useless dream, just unusual in the sense that It was someone important to me for once.

The second dream involved another silly scenario where my son was slapped in the ear by a bully. He asked me why his ear hurt so bad in this dream. The next morning my son asked me those exact same words. I was in shock. This dream I put down to an incredible coincidence. Both these dreams happened with 24 hours of each other.

Later this fall, My dad survived an incredible car crash. He was cut out of his mangled truck, He and the truck both were practically unrecognizable. Broken jaw, sternum, wrist, practically crushed ribs, broken pelvis, hip bone sockets, broken leg, ankle. I am sure I forgotten several more injuries, like dislocated fingers, his pelvis had to be manually put back in position. That alone took an hour and a half. He was not allowed any form of painkiller due to his blood pressure fluctuating wildly for three days. My Mom and I holding hands helpless watching pain torture his body for weeks. He was in ICU for three whole weeks, and still five months later no where close to the man he was last October.

The first twenty four hours I was in shock, numb with grief. I couldn't even recognize my own father. The doctors with as much kindness as possible let us know he would need a miracle. On the second day, still by his bed I saw the two incidents happen from my dream about him. Don't ask me what they were in particular because they were personal and embarrassing in nature. Things I want to forget but tied my dream about him to this tragic moment tightly, and scared the hell out of me.

Now I am afraid I will have more dreams about people close to me. So far these dreams were the only ones I have ever had that made any sense, were clear, unlike all of the fuzzy dreams from before. I feel things differently now, wonder if anything like this is suddenly happening to other people as well. Is there some kind of awareness happening to others as well. I will never believe in coincidences again!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You asked, " Is there some kind of awareness happening to others as well. "

YES.

I am SO glad you made this thread. THANK YOU. It means more than I can express to you over a computer, or even in person via words.

The past few years, my dreams have become terrifyingly INTENSE. They often feel more REAL with more SUBSTANCE than my waking consciousness. Certain archetypal situations, places, etc that make FAR more sense than anything in this physical world does.

The december before last (December 2012) my cousin was killed in a car wreck. I believe the wreck was around 5am. I slept that day until around 10am...and I believe the dream I had occured either right before, or right after the car wreck. In the dream, my cousin grabbed my hand, in spirit form (hard to explain) and pulled me through this wormhole like thing (tunnel), and was telling me not to afraid. He was taking to me a dimension I've never been, and we were going hand in hand. It was completely surreal. I have NEVER before, nor since ever had my cousin in a dream that I recall. This was the ONLY TIME in my near 30 years he was EVER in a dream of mine....and it was during the SAME time within hours of his car wreck, and he died later that day.

The dream was SO intense, I woke up, and told another family member of the dream, and how he was in it....and even WROTE IT DOWN. Several hours later is when I get the call about what had happened to him. Keep in mind, I live several states away from him, hadn't seen him since childhood pretty much, and never really talk to him. It was SURREAL, is all I can really say.

There is a very intense, realistic, and undeniable reality to my dreams that I can't put into words. By reality, I don't mean they are actually taking place on the physical realm, I know they aren't.....but I mean reality in a much DEEPER sense of the word. They ARE real, there is NO doubt in my mind, they are not merely fabrications of my mind. My mind is nowhere NEAR clever, intelligent, or creative enough to produce the experiences which I can't convey with mere words.

The physical world we live in, is very dull, in nearly EVERY aspect, compared to these realities I experience in my dreams. It goes to show that reality is really INSIDE of us....this external world is merely a shell by which our instrument (body) interacts.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Thank you for your reply supermarket2012 ! Other things have also happened for awhile that coincide with strange happenings around me. I often wonder if our subconscious mind can affect our lives in ways whether it be in good ways, or bad. Sometimes I feel guilt if things go in my favor by wishful thinking, with unexpected bad outcomes for others. Not where my dad was concerned however. I would not wish what he went through to happen to anyone, especially people I love. These days I have a new appreciation for my spiritual side.

I am sorry for your loss, but am happy that you in a way got to say goodbye to someone you love!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, I've had dreams where certain things happened similar the next day, or in the near future. Although most of my dreams are really sketchy, and they are usually short sketches thrown together with somewhat common themes. And they never really make any kind of sense. Not to mention it's pretty hard to remember most of it not long after waking.

I personally think it has a lot to do with what we often think about. If you spend a lot of time thinking about someone you like, or something that worries you, chances are you'll be more inclined to dream about it. Or at least situations that reflect the type of emotions you've been dealing with recently. After all, your brain is actually more active while you're sleeping compared to when your awake.

I think the purpose of dreams are kind of like a training simulation. Your brain creates unreal events to try and makes sense of what you should do when certain events unfold in reality. It kind of helps give you a little more experience and insight.

But who knows, maybe there is some kind of link between dreams, and what may happen in reality. But I personally lean a little more towards these things being coincidences.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Thanks for your insight. I would have felt the same way too, and did about the dream about my son. But the dream about my dad was an entirely different scenario with a few different exceptions. First my dads life was in danger, a common enough worry true. My mom and I totally helpless to save him also could be coincidental. But two other incidences in the dream that also occurred that are things that couldn't be coincidental or explainable. I do not have that great an imagination, nor have I ever had such a vivid yet totally out of character clue. It was like I was meant to see that certain scene of great importance, so bad that I would not be able to forget it. That part of the dream could not be coincidental. Also the two dreams were like watching a movie as compared to my normal hazy slideshows.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Carl Jung believed in a 'collective consciousness' where our minds energy unites. He also believed that nothing important happens in our life that we don't dream about first, whether we remember the dream or not.

Perhaps this is like an early warning system to prepare us for what will happen...
Or maybe it's the strong genetic connection of relatives.....
Or a connection we somehow make with our energy signature and another person we care deeply about...a 'love' connection?

'Something' draws or repels us to others.
Life has an 'undercurrent' that can't be explained, so we just call it paranormal/mysterious.

You are not alone; just brave enough to come forward with your story.

S&F

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thank you nugget1, this theory would explain episodes in the past where I knew something was going on with an immediate family member, and could even warn them to watch out for certain things. Most of the time it would help, but other times just a normal worry. Usually I know who is calling just before they do. Once about electric going out of school, it was nice when they said it did happen that day. Alot of times we know what each other are thinking, but that can be explained as being a close knit family.

However the dreams are something new, and a little frightening. It just seems like something is happening not just with me, but friends that are suddenly experiencing the same kind of phenomenon. Like something is building, strengthening in the air. A buildup of energy that we can feel but is not really a socially acceptable matter to discuss with just anyone.

That is why I love this site with so many open minded people like yourself who not afraid to help me understand what is going on. Who give me a good theories, and useful advice. I appreciate you too!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodnoir

You might find this link interesting, as it pertains to people becoming more 'aware' of their 'sixth' sense. It's by Sled 735, and she has a lot of other threads dealing with the paranormal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know how you feel about having a place to share strange events, and strange thoughts, too!
The only one I have to talk to is my husband, but even his eyes tend to glaze over after a bit! Some experiences sound too far fetched to believe are anything more than a mental delusion, but then you read stories here of people who have had the same experience, and it becomes harder to accept that maybe your mind is slipping a little!

For me, the 'unexplained' has just become a part of every day life and doesn't impact me any more than seeing the sun come up. It used to really bother me that I couldn't find definitive logical explanations, but I have come to accept that we probably will never figure out secrets of the universe completely.

As my son always tells me; "It is what it is". I can buy that.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Sorry about your cousin, but as it goes ... he lives on, right?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I've been having lots of those dreams in the latter years, so much I've been taking medication for epilepsy, most of my dreams happen, but some don't, I really don't understand, it is very strange. I'm not confortable to talk about it, but what I can tell you is if it is meant to happen you can't avoid it, but dunno.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Here is the truth.

Dreams are not dreams. They are visitations to other dimensions and realities using our astral bodies.

Every single one of us goes out of body every single night. You can achieve this state using meditation. Life is fractal in this multiverse with many many versions of ourselves existing at the same time.

For more detailed information on this visit the youtube videos of Rich2150x

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

vivid1975
Here is the truth.

Dreams are not dreams. They are visitations to other dimensions and realities using our astral bodies.

Every single one of us goes out of body every single night. You can achieve this state using meditation. Life is fractal in this multiverse with many many versions of ourselves existing at the same time.

For more detailed information on this visit the youtube videos of Rich2150x

Are you saying for instance that time I dreamt about riding a Charizard with Barack Obama with french accent who really claimed to be actually from Texas I was in another dimension? WOW, I find it hard to believe, I know sometimes dream have some meaning, specially if boosted while taking some substances, but another times dreams are just dreams, they have interpretations but they are not something solid, another example when someone has vision about the future, and lets pretend for a momment it was accurate, which dimension that someone visited? Aren't dimensions "parallel presents" and not "parallel futures"? Because a different dimension means a different future, a smashed bug 300 years ago and now Morocco is the most powerful nation in the world? Did you get it? There's a possibility of existing Multiverses, but two universes exactly the same, that seems a bit impossible to me, no offense.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The problem is, you are not ready for this information. Alot of these deeper truths or let's say concepts have a series of steps with which to gain a better understanding and at the same time break the programming.

You don't give a new born baby steak..you have to spoon feed them until they grow to the age where they can digest it.

Believe whatever empowers you. I can only give you the keys..its up to you if you decide to walk through the door.

reply to post by silveringking

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've been listening to the responses I've received, and reading several more threads on these dreams experiences. It seems to me the more enlightened, and aware we are all becoming as a people, there is something building that is trying to unite us.

Is there some correlation between our sudden dream becoming reality experiences, and the development of Mother Earth's tragic weather patterns. With our new eyes, are we supposed to better see solutions to help each other in this cruel new world. In the news, all we hear are record hurricanes, tornadoes, snow storms, heat waves, droughts, and floods. In whispered conversations, we talk about our shared extrasensory experiences, energy building in the air.

Can you not feel it coming? Something is!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes..something incredible is going to happen. I can't even say what it might be..but I know 100% that its truth. As much as I am living and breathing now..and that I will wake tomorrow.. something is coming..something extraordinary is going to happen.

reply to post by bloodnoir

top topics

join