It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran pokes US with 'Rouhanicare'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

frazzle

neo96

frazzle
reply to post by neo96

Conflating the policies of our second best friend in the middle east (Saudi Arabia), where women are treated like property and where criticism of a prince can result in beheading, with the internal policies of Iran is not just myopic, its much worse than that.

Iran does the same GD things.

Look up Evin Prison, and Section 209.

Iran and Saudi are two sides of the same coin.

Islam.

You've been there, of course.

And of course Gitmo and Abu Ghraib and a few other US renditioning centers hidden around the globe aren't the same GD things. What's the per capita prison numbers in Iran compared to the US? Matter of fact the US prison system holds more inmates than the rest of the world combined. But we're the experts on the bad guys. Oh yeah.

Is there a point there ?

Ya know that guy who created 'obamacare' never closed gitmo.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

buster2010

Iran wants to join the other nations in the world that provide healthcare for their citizens like the UK, France and Canada to name a few. And what do we have people making jokes about a nation that wants to bring their healthcare system into the 21st century something the knuckle draggers here in the states whine about.

Not just bringing it into the 21st and not just for their own citizens. They're well past that already.
Iran reports earnings of $1.5bn from health tourism in 2012 - IMTJ
www.imtj.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Is there a point there ?

I guess the point would be figuring out who actually gets better "affordable" health care, us or Iranians.

The guyS who created ACA are all in congress or there would have been nothing for Obama to sign. Give credit where its due.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Sorry I give Iran as about as much 'credit' as I do my own government.

Which is none.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

neo96

frazzle

neo96

frazzle
reply to post by neo96

Conflating the policies of our second best friend in the middle east (Saudi Arabia), where women are treated like property and where criticism of a prince can result in beheading, with the internal policies of Iran is not just myopic, its much worse than that.

Iran does the same GD things.

Look up Evin Prison, and Section 209.

Iran and Saudi are two sides of the same coin.

Islam.

You've been there, of course.

And of course Gitmo and Abu Ghraib and a few other US renditioning centers hidden around the globe aren't the same GD things. What's the per capita prison numbers in Iran compared to the US? Matter of fact the US prison system holds more inmates than the rest of the world combined. But we're the experts on the bad guys. Oh yeah.

Is there a point there ?

What makes you think Obama created Obamacare? It was dreamed up by the Heritage Foundation last time I checked the guy that runs the Heritage Foundation doesn't have the authority to close Gitmo.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by frazzle

Sorry I give Iran as about as much 'credit' as I do my own government.

Which is none.

Hmmm, one is based on experience (with which I concur), the other is based on conjecture and I suspect some faulty information. To be honest, I really don't care all that much about their system as long as it works out okay for the Iranian people and doesn't harm anybody else. But Rouhani was definitely poking some fun at us. Deservedly, I think.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

At this point in American politics it's not that hard to poke fun at America. Our political "structure" is anything but structured. It's more like fragmented pieces of a once great structure.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Hardly based on conjecture.

Both are based on experience. The latter coming up on the 4 year mark of listening to the 'Iranian revolutionary guards' on here defense of that fascist theocratic regime called Iran.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What makes you think Obama created Obamacare?

1. It is named for him
2. He put ink to paper making it LAW.

He owns it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Iran isn't poking at the US with this.

Iran is simply providing free, unlimited healthcare to its citizens.

USA is the only country in the G20 that doesn't do this (or at least heavily subsidized healthcare) and is the only industrialized nation in the world that has a "for profit" healthcare system.

USA often claims that it has the "best healthcare system in the world". I'd laugh, if I weren't crying so much from all the pain that I can't get fixed because my insurance company won't approve an ambulance ride to the hospital.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

SloAnPainful
reply to post by frazzle

At this point in American politics it's not that hard to poke fun at America. Our political "structure" is anything but structured. It's more like fragmented pieces of a once great structure.

-SAP-

True, but it would be funnier if we weren't so dangerous, to others as well as to ourselves. I like your analogy to fragmented pieces. But really I think the American people have always been fragmented, you could almost say it was built into the structural design.

I woke up the other day from a dream that I couldn't remember but the words on my mind were "my people". That seemed so strange because most of us have no sense at all of my people. We're each a fragment of something and I think most of us sense that some essential part is missing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

USA is the only country in the G20 that doesn't do this (or at least heavily subsidized healthcare) and is the only industrialized nation in the world that has a "for profit" healthcare system.

Yeah we do under the moniker of Medicare, and Medicaid BOTH are heavily subsidized, and both have over 100 million people 'provided' with that fabulous corporate product called healthcare.

That is massively inept, That is massively in debt. That has more people on them than most EU countries entire populations.

We don't ?

LOL Oh hell yes we do.
edit on 6-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah we do under the moniker of Medicare, and Medicaid BOTH are heavily subsidized, and both have over 100 million people 'provided' with that fabulous corporate product called healthcare.

That is massively inept, That is massively in debt. That has more people on them than most EU countries entire populations.

We don't ?

LOL Oh hell yes we do.
edit on 6-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The final arbiters of what services will or will not be provided for either Medicare or Medicaid patients are insurance companies. Those are the true death panels and what causes the system to be inept and in debt ~ the CEOs need their slice of the pie no matter who pays the cost.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Miss the part of the fact the US GOVERNMENT RUNS those programs.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by frazzle

Miss the part of the fact the US GOVERNMENT RUNS those programs.

Didn't miss that at all. Who do you think the US GOVERNMENT represents, you or the insurance companies? You probably couldn't match United's lobbying clout with your million dollar campaign contributions. /sarcasm

That is what single payer was intended to bypass.

ETA ~ single payer is what Iran has. No CEOs to enrich.
edit on 6-2-2014 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Didn't miss that at all. Who do you think the US GOVERNMENT represents, y

Themselves.

That is what single payer was intended to bypass

Those programs are 'single payer'

ETA ~ single payer is what Iran has. No CEOs to enrich.

Beg to differ the 'Supreme Leader' is the only 'CEO' allowed enriching him.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is he serious or is he just taking a jibe at Obama ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

neo96

What makes you think Obama created Obamacare?

1. It is named for him
2. He put ink to paper making it LAW.

He owns it.

It's called the ACA not Obamacare that was the nickname the media made up and it might as well be called Romneycare seeing how it's a copy of the one Romney started. Does he own it or did he create it make up your mind. First you say he created it but after you get corrected on it now you now say he owns it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well Planned Parenthood uses the term Obamacare.

Quite freely too !!

What Does Obamacare Mean for You?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Romney's healthcare and Obama's healthcare are different. Everyone will either credit or accuse Romney for Obamacare but they are different in many ways...

-SAP-

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join