It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter gets handcuffed by cops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

JayinAR
Lmao!
In the second video the cop got fired for handcuffing a firefighter, yet weekly we hear of some LEO thug shooting someone dead in the streets and getting a two week's paid vacation.
Sickening.

Man, that's what I call putting things into a perspective with lateral thinking. Kudo's
The second video says it all really, and that was a senior policeman who took away someone who was attending an injury...that beggars belief.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
do police have to pass a dumbness test during their training period?....that is so silly .....protect and serve...lol they only seem to protect and serve their EGO.......yep the cop should be charged with obstruction for failing to let the fire-fighter do his job

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually yes, many police departments have a maximum IQ standard. Too smart?
"You can't be a cop in our department,you're not dumb enough."

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How can obstructing traffic possibly be a concern when roughly every other traffic stop I see, from rolling through stop signs to seat belt violations, the cops regularly fail to pull all the way over to the right and end up blocking a lane of traffic, increasing the likelihood of an accident?

If most cops will gladly block traffic to hand out a seat belt violation, then why would this idiot suddenly be concerned when there's a guy in critical condition after an accident?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Actually yes, many police departments have a maximum IQ standard. Too smart?
"You can't be a cop in our department,you're not dumb enough."

To be fair police officers possess a higher IQ (by a slim margin) than your average person. I want to say it's 105 but I'm too lazy to Google it.

I think it's bollocks that you can be denied for having a high IQ, but it's not that different from certain jobs weeding out overqualified candidates. Still it's unfair. Some people are very bright and feel a certain calling towards certain jobs.

------------

I watched the video and read some article about the firefighter being detained and really hope there was more to the incident than what meets the eye. It seems beyond ridiculous to slap cuffs on a fellow first responder for something as innocuous as not moving the firetruck. I know there are procedures to follow regarding the placement of emergency vehicles, but seriously... At the moment it sure is sounding purely ego driven. I do sincerely hope that detained firefighter wasn't actually necessary to the rescue/first aid being administered.

I don't really care who had command of the situation, that doesn't automatically exhonerate the cop in what appears to be a shameless pissing contest gone too far.

I really wish we had a full video and knew the totality of the circumstances surrounding the detention. You never know, the firefighter could have been a royal pain in the ass and not moving the truck could have been a danger or impediment to rescue. I doubt it, but I'm not really all for making sweeping judgements against people (I might be lying) without a full account and record by both sides.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What the hell is going on over there?
Did I really see a cop arrest a firefighter? Well folks, I think we must have now officially slipped into the twilight zone

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Some people's priorities in life are genuinely jacked up.

That dumbass probably thought he was doing the right thing....by delaying help to an injured person.

If the cop truly believed that the fire truck was blocking traffic..how is cuffing the guy who is supposed to move it solve anything? Not logical.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

If the cop truly believed that the fire truck was blocking traffic..how is cuffing the guy who is supposed to move it solve anything? Not logical.

The same way locking an addict in a cell with rapists and murderers is supposed to help him get his life on track.

The same way registries and scarlet letters help folks who've paid their debt return to society in a functional and productive way.

The same way confiscating a persons home helps them pay their bills.

The same way a little sign that reads "no guns allowed" keeps people from shooting up schools.

It's all very logical.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere

ChuckNasty

The same way locking an addict in a cell with rapists and murderers is supposed to help him get his life on track.
There are free programs for addicts.

The same way registries and scarlet letters help folks who've paid their debt return to society in a functional and productive way.
Sex offender registries are needed. Most sex offenders have an addiction style disorder. They can't help themselves.

The same way confiscating a persons home helps them pay their bills.
I agree. Similar to if you get behind on child support and they take away your driving license or put a warrant out for your arrest.

The same way a little sign that reads "no guns allowed" keeps people from shooting up schools.
Right. Maybe they need to add a please to it. Never understood how that sign stops anyone. It's not like an mass murdering crazy person gets all ready to kill and upon reaching the school he sees the sign. "No guns allowed?! Dangit, looks like I can't kill today."

It's all very logical.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The cop was WRONG!
He didn't ask for the guys papers first.

Only in Amerika.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I am glad this young guy listened to his Captain/Chief/Boss.. Integrity there..
Firepiston
edit on 9-2-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join