It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Petroglyphs in light of the Skinwalker Phenomena.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In the eleventh photo down in the OP, the dots caught my eye. They look to me like the dots/holes in the Nazca plain that I believe is usually called "the band."

Kantz, do you think this merely an old-school way of counting and keeping records or time?

Off-topic: I always read and love your threads. Wish I knew more so I could join in more of them. S n F.

~Dustbowl

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

six67seven
reply to post by Kantzveldt

What struck me is the Kabbalistic tree of life diagram! What is that doing there, in Utah?

The glyph you circled reminds me very much of the 'Eltanin Antenna':
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
I'm no good at embedding and would appreciate if someone could embed the image for me? Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

It is a huge factor the transference of consciousness in terms of the shape shifting and the establishment of what constitutes shamanic practice, the relationship of certain individuals to the phenomena itself, the evil witch Doctors.

Of course the major difference is that those are internalized experiences, spiritual, they don't impact upon the material world apart from the individual having them, though they instruct in possibilities, the projection of consciousness into the taking of physical form, and not necessarily mere transference into another sentient life-form would be something else, but there is the suggestion that is what occurs.

reply to post by DustbowlDebutante

That's true the same matrix banding is seen there around Nazca, it could relate to counting in the sense of periods related to manifestation of phenomena, but that's just me guessing

edit on Kpm22836vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0628 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Kantzveldt
It is a huge factor the transference of consciousness in terms of the shape shifting and the establishment of what constitutes shamanic practice, the relationship of certain individuals to the phenomena itself, the evil witch Doctors.

Of course the major difference is that those are internalized experiences, spiritual, they don't impact upon the material world apart from the individual having them, though they instruct in possibilities, the projection of consciousness into the taking of physical form, and not necessarily mere transference into another sentient life-form would be something else, but there is the suggestion that is what occurs.

Yet another winner of a thread, Champ!

That we can "hack" our consciousness has been proven. Maybe "they" are archetypal.

But, the again, here we have all these similarities across both time and continent. If something "other" does come through the vortex, that would certainly hold a degree of power over us.

Whenever triangles, black triangles come up, someone always makes the good call that they were seen long before modern times. Interestingly, one of the few things NIDS did release was a report on Black Flying Triangles. I think their public conclusion was that they were military---but maybe my memory is faulty on this one. If so, though, funny NIDS would say that and then camp out at Skinwalker.

John Alexander, Shaman, Victoria Lacas Alexander

Some of the NIDS folk are big on the shaman aspect. Col. John B. Alexander related some of his experiences in his AMA thread. I wonder if they used EM devices at the Ranch in the place of more natural means to enter altered-states in an attempt to interact?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yes i certainly feel that they are that next step up from us, can induce perceptual distortion, reconfigure memories, manipulate energies in, to us, weird ways. In terms of research groups trying this on they might get a taste or sense certain possibilities, there are the shortcuts to facilitating that.

We could never in any way beat them, potentially we may be able to join them, but in terms of attempting communication through jangling individuals minds with EM i wouldn't recommend, a lot of what we've looked at previously only relates to attempts at messing with consciousness.

There is a greater scenario involving aspects of some of this that needs to be played out at a global level, and 'they' won't truly show until it has, but i expect it to be some show when they do

edit on Kpm22836vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0628 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yup and uh-huh... However, I'd add a caveat or two when saying it 'does not impact on the material world.' Oh contraire (said in a southern American drawl and pidgin, imbecilic French)... at least in my own experiential world.

Not saying it's common or even definite... just saying that consciousness, in fact, impacts on the material world... or seems to... sometimes.

If I misunderstandeded you're lovely turn of phrase or if you simply vaulted plumb over my head... then apologies. And I'm not trying to turn you to the dark side of "woo..." but I have seen some things, dear KV, I have.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I --- fooftr27 --- have only two picture video's on YouTube.

One is titled: Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock

www.youtube.com...

Besides the photo of the purported actual alien entity, you can see numerous geoglyph's possibly carved by the alien entity.

On my movie [2] titled: Space Alien Petroglyph

www.youtube.com...

Was also photograhed by me at the same spot...some years later. Only looking out into the Chesapeake Bay behind a dirt stone monolith/megalith. It might possibly be an actual self portrait geoglyph possibly carved by the actual alien entity.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2014 by Erno86 because: TRYING TO GET FIRST LINK TO WORK

edit on 6-2-2014 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You are applying 20th/21st century perspective to something in our past that I'm not sure you can do without letting your own bias guide you. Can you find a quote that is non contestable to the comment "Contemporary accounts describe triangular nuts and bolt craft some 40 foot long emerging from a vortex that opens and closes"? If you can I would be genuinely interested, but I'm kind of guessing that this is at the most a disingenuous quote.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Although I appreciate the spirit of the thread, having spent time in the region I know two things. Many of the petroglyphs have been forged by modern locals and these petroglyphs can interpreted the same way the bible or Mona Lisa can. It could have hundreds of different meanings depending upon whom is observing it. I would not read too deeply into them for answers.

The spirals may be an indicator of sacred sites based on my travels, but again the odd shaped characters likely have nothing to do with the paranormal. Imagine if future civilizations found cartoons we had drawn, with no frame of reference consider the wild theories they would discuss amongst themselves.

I hope I'm wrong as I love a good mystery, but I need to be grounded when looking for true clues to hotspots/portal locations. Skinwalker is the real deal, my suggestion is try to interpret the intentions of Bigelow and company rather than finding meaning (where none may exist) from crudely drawn stick figures.

We are hardwired to connect the dots and seek similarities as we try to rationalize the unknown world we live in. By chance we will always find individual meaning from the obscurity of ancient rock art.
edit on 6-2-2014 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The first 2 images in the OP are in Sego Canyon, not Skinwalker Ranch.

We make a yearly Jeeping trip to Moab UT and in 2010 GBH was playing in Salt Lake.. so we headed north and stopped at Sego Canyon on the way to see the petroglyphs.

You pass through Thompson Springs to get there.. a small town with a creepy, run down atmosphere. There's a sign pointing the way..

The scene as you approach a few of the petroglyphs scattered throughout. files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the Tree Of Life symbol with the others. files.abovetopsecret.com...

A closer view of the first rock face. files.abovetopsecret.com...

Close ups of those figures.

All throughout the canyon are similar figures..

I wanted to see what the petroglyphs in Skinwalker Ranch looked like so I did an image search. I found the Sego Canyon petroglyphs mixed in the results. They originate from this ATS post and one other site. Possibly the bad info on that site caused the mix up.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

hiii_98
Although I appreciate the spirit of the thread, having spent time in the region I know two things. Many of the petroglyphs have been forged by modern locals...We are hardwired to connect the dots and seek similarities as we try to rationalize the unknown world we live in. By chance we will always find individual meaning from the obscurity of ancient rock art.

Certainly that's good knowledge to keep in mind, but to dismiss picto-clues so handily--while speaking somewhat like an authority--and then turn around and say:

...I need to be grounded when looking for true clues to hotspots/portal locations. Skinwalker is the real deal, my suggestion is try to interpret the intentions of Bigelow and company rather than finding meaning (where none may exist) from crudely drawn stick figures.

You've done some admirable work in compiling materials--and I think you're basically a cool cat--but other than that you have some campfire ghost stories that sound like you freaked yourself out in the woods at night and zero hard evidence.

I think there's likely some kind of anomalous activity in the region, don't get me wrong, but to consider yourself "grounded" in your search for "true hotspot/portal locations" and at the same time be so dismissive of an area of study you seemingly have no expertise in seems a little premature.

Totally agree Bigelow and crew are worthy of watching...got anything of interest there?

edit on 6-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

wanted to see what the petroglyphs in Skinwalker Ranch looked like

There are NO petroglyphs at or around the immediate vicinity of Skinwalker Ranch. Nine Mile Canyon I believe may have a few, but unfortunately none of these have anything directly to do with Skinwalker Ranch.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

that you have some campfire ghost stories that sound like you freaked yourself out in the woods at night and zero hard evidence.

I'm curious what you consider "hard evidence" to be, or an example of a current researcher who has provided the skeptical community with "hard evidence"? Even the clearest video will not be considered hard evidence. By the elusive nature of what I am pursuing nothing I capture will fully convince you. I'm sorry the challenge is ridiculous to consider killing and alien and dragging its body here on ats to redeem my research in your eyes. I have provided video, audio, a novel and a website loaded with current and relevant information on the topic, I am at a loss what more I can provide.

Your suggesting I have spent over tens of thousands of my own money to freak myself out in the woods by traveling to Utah several times a year. Why wouldn't I save the money, time, stress and simply scare myself in my own back yard here in Wisconsin? I'm sorry, you have not walked in my shoes...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I myself would put some stock in any video or pics you showed (do you have any other than the Jesse Ventura stuff?) Certainly I don't think you are a hoaxer or liar. And I do give you credit for much of your work and willingness.

And I understand that if we are dealing with a non-human intelligence, it obviously has the ability to keep it's secrets pretty dang well.

But having said that--and considering that so far you are chasing phantoms--maybe you should be a little more openminded? Probably no one here needed to be told that humans tend to connect dots (actually it's more often one of our strengths) and then after you dismiss petroglyphs as "rock art" tell us how grounded you are in hunting down portals.

Kantzveldt does have some expertise in symbology, art, and mythology. Maybe you should let what she says at least simmer in your mind a bit? That's all, Ryan.

Now, I wouldn't ask this if I didn't have respect for you: Do you have anything interesting on NIDS/Bigelow/Aerospace?

EDIT: Checking out your vids now. Here's one, though I'm not sure what kind of "crypto-creature" I'm looking at:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The moderators on this site don't like if I was to shamlessly point to my site so you can check out the link below to learn more about up to date events regarding Bigelow and team. Is there something specifically you would like to know? I'm always happy to help out and share what I've uncovered.

I appreciated your response. We are all playing on the same side I believe. I see the interpretation of petroglyphs as too biased and open to individual interpretation to be of any true universal value, its just my opinion and experience from being out there. I have seen some of these in person and find nothing that links them to shadow men, aliens, cattle abductions, nor Skinwalker Ranch (the spirals do give me pause as they are also seen at supposed sacred sites in Europe).

Trust me I wish these (petroglyphs) were a treasure map to the paranormal, but as truly open minded people we do need to step back and ask if they are just abstract native art depicting their very normal desert life.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

EDIT: Checking out your vids now. Here's one, though I'm not sure what kind of "crypto-creature" I'm looking at:

That video was sent to me by a local researcher who lives next to the ranch. I did not take it myself, nor do I know much of the context behind it. He came across a chupacabra-looking creature that was dead on the ridgeline near the ranch, took this video and immediately sent it to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

hiii_98
The moderators on this site don't like if I was to shamlessly point to my site so you can check out the link below to learn more about up to date events regarding Bigelow and team. Is there something specifically you would like to know? I'm always happy to help out and share what I've uncovered.

Yeah, I thought it was kind of crappy that a thread with good discussion going and mentioned your book was 404'ed. Not like you were a new member who hasn't contributed content here.

Trust me I wish they were a treasure map to the paranormal, but as truly open minded people we do need to step back and ask if they are just abstract native art depicting their very normal desert life.

I hear you, but looking for cross-cultural stuff---never can tell what it might spark in the brain.

Don't want to trample this topic, so I'll send you some questions/ideas about Bigelow/NIDS after I check your site. I admit it's been awhile.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

cool thanks!
Its a good thread, several people emailed me that it was posted today and I don't want to muddy it up. I just wish there were definitive answers as to what the symbols and caricatures actually meant. It would be nice to have something to work with to give us definitive clues as to what the early Anasazi where experiencing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

hiii_98
reply to post by The GUT

(the spirals do give me pause as they are also seen at supposed sacred sites in Europe).

www.google.com.au... bih=925

the spiral, double spiral and triple spiral turn up all through Celtic lands

check some of those out

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Great thread!
(Commenting for easy access tomorrow. Tired.)
S&F.

ETA: a good idea may be to track down some of the modern descriptions of the "refrigerator people"... that is a pretty interesting connection

That one petroglyph definitely depicts a "box man" cleanly cutting a cow in half.
Curious.
edit on 6-2-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2014 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join