It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Bray - NDE Survivor, Physicist, Chemist and Neuropsychopharmachologist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
NHNE NDE

To bring this story closer to home, William used to be a member of NHNE’s NDE Network, but after stirring up trouble by making false and inflammatory accusations against other members of the network, I let him know that this kind of behavior was unacceptable and he left. While my heart is full of compassion for the struggles we all face on the spiritual path, and while I am always seeking to understand, heal, and integrate the shadow aspects of myself and others, I think it is critically important that dark side issues be illuminated, explored and discussed. Because of this, NHNE is 100 percent committed to telling the truth, helping others do likewise, and calling into question stories and personages that are less than forthright.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

nugget1
Well, I don't take these new books coming out as gospel, no matter how much I would like to believe every one of them.

Some of them I don't buy into either. Like the 'heaven is for real' book ... the story supposedly by the kid who died and came back. Its' very popular but I don't buy it for one minute. The kid was like 4 years old when it all happened. And then suddenly 5 years later he's telling a near death story that just happens to correspond to what his minister-father preaches? Naaaah.

It's the other NDE stories that I find really interesting. The ones that people don't write books about. The ones where people aren't making money from them. I figure that's as close to first hand info as we are going to get ...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arosebyanyothername

WOW. That's really disturbing. I don't know if that puts a damper on his experiences or not.
But it says something about his attitude.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And what happens to us lazy folks who dont want to play the game anymore?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

But even infinite lives has to have an end goal, so we are working towards something, or working to accomplish something. What it is? Nobody seems to know, but a sentient race with eternal lifespan sure as hell would have a purpose.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan

soulwaxer
I find this topic extreeemly fascinating.

My take ... an authentic NDE (not something induced by drugs or a self induced 'psych-out) is about as close to 'being on the other side' as we are going to get. It comes as close to the source of truth as we possibly can be. So I take what is seen or heard in NDEs more seriously than what is in the bible or other spiritual reading books. It's straight from the source .... the other side.

Great thread. Remember that Edgar Cayce self induced, and he is an example of this type of phenomenon on order of magnitude greater than others (as we can point to a physical body of literature derived from his prophecies). An interesting correlation in the accounts is that of being able to infer knowledge not readily available in the corporeal realm.

What fascinates me is that there has been independent corroboration of this concept of a region which can be queried and produces answers ala the Akashic Records.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Tancred

But even infinite lives has to have an end goal, so we are working towards something, or working to accomplish something.

There are no ends in eternity....

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this should NOT miss out on Robert Menroe's trilogy of out of body experiences, especially the second and the third one - very similar sounding conclusions by him and an amazing perspective from someone who didn't believe anything until it started happening to him.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks FlyersFan for the article!

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Reincarnation involved reincarnating in at any point in the timeline. (according to him).
So I wonder if I can reincarnate into this same timeline and warn my now-self about things?
Maybe I'm my own child. Maybe I'm my own best friend. etc etc

I think anything is possible

there was at least two deja vu experiences that made me felt like I already lived the life of this 'avatar' at least once.

peace.
edit on 11-2-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

thanks for your post!

i dunno whether it's true or not, but i always keep my mind open to infinite possibilities.

we all know that we cannot literally fly like superman on this planet because of the law of physics, etc, etc.
maybe on the other side of galaxy or universe, we could defy the law. maybe.

peace
edit on 11-2-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Looking at the skeptico thread and other resources, Bray makes it clear that this is a pen name in that forum and other places. The math they are arguing with him is basic calculus, which he answers rather easily, but they keep asking the same questions repeatedly, obviously simply not getting it. As for credentials, I don't see how he could supply credentials for a pen name. As for the math, as an engineer I found his math completely straight forward, high-school level. The skeptico people dropped some 50 pages of threads in just a couple of days; obviously not working, and all focused on a simple equation that is shown on wikipedia, but they didn't understand what was written there either.

Clearly he was a man of little patience. Having read his book more than once he shows very strong negative tolerance for people who 'sell' healing powers, psychic abilities, and the like. He bashes them rather harshly, brutally.

Bray states clearly in the intro of the book that our reason for being here is to be as seemingly far from God as possible, so that God can expand into that void. He states that the reasons for poverty, disease, war, follow this principle. 'We create darkness and endure it, and God expands into that void; the definition for an infinite being.' He also states that, 'you cannot fit an infinite thing (you) inside of a finite system (this universe) - you are not here [taken right from the text intro]. Then goes on to explain that the paradoxes 'if there is a God then why is there so much suffering' is that 'you are not here, this is not happening, the very simple principle above shows clearly this is the case.'

It's a very thick book, intimidating, almost 800 pages of philosophy and mathematics. this wasn't written by the world's most clever pizza delivery boy. Toward the end of the text the math he gets into is extreme, theoretical mathematics that I simply don't for the life of me comprehend he could be writing about so fluently without some rather severe academia and experience.

I've had three engineers here where I work (Lockheed) borrow the book and were floored by the fluency of the math and some of the paradoxes they resolved. I also had two computer guys borrow the text and didn't understand the math and thought the whole thing was a 'conspiracy.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join