It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

A nap, catching forty winks, a snooze, some shut eye, a rest, a lay down, stoppage of consciousness for a limited period. That is what a kip is. It is not, I repeat not, half a kipper.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Awww.....they are so adorable! Sophie looks like a raccoon too. I actually have baby gates up behind closed doors (bedroom, closet) because they can get under the door. Also have a toy box filled with toys for them...looks like a daycare in here sometimes.
When the two of them run around and play-attack each other, it's hilarious (or hide their treats and toys).
I keep trying to put up a pic of them, but no luck so far.
jacy

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Ah, you see what I did there?

\m/

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I did indeed!

Now....I must ask you a serious question, True. What do you have against....Barbie?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Awe! Ferret pictures MUST happen!

A friend of my sisters has ferrets. She is also a professional Viking (that is, she gets paid to dress up like a Viking, and teach Viking crafts to children, and teach them about Vikings in general). Her ferrets are crazy dudes, that is for damned sure! They are amazingly agile though, and it amazes me that they can travel through such small gaps and up such impossible inclines with ease. They are really fantastic!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

That's cody code for nookie...saturday afternoon you know what....or he might actually be going for a kip....sorry nap....that's sleep

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

What I have against Barbie, is the same thing I had against action man, and the same thing I have against all the consumerist role model BS in our modern society. Barbie, in particular, is not a role model, she is a social engineering tool. As a man, one of the things that frustrates me about living in these times, is that there are certain expectations placed upon females, which have a negative affect on not only the females themselves (which is a damned shame, and needs fixing as quickly as possible) but also on their ability to form proper attachments with males.

For example...

Make up. It is every human beings right to look as they would wish to look, but make up on a woman is like gang tags on a Van Gough. It might be an interesting statement, but at the end of the day, it is not going to improve upon the surface beneath. It will just make it harder for a persons inner gorgeous to come shining out. Similarly, a woman with a good heart, and a warm caring smile, is several hundred billion times more attractive to me, than the airbrushed lackwits I see outside dance clubs late at night.

But because society has expected certain things, because of the cultural influences on gender roles, that Barbie, and other factors with similar foci, have constructed and reinforced over the years, that make up shotgun look is basically standard at the moment! There are similar cultural influences which act on a man also. We are supposed to be into sports, and punching other people in the face repeatedly... for fun... according to the cultural norms established for us. Therefore, any fellow who is not a knuckle dragging, boron coated bastard, is likely to fall by the wayside.

I find these things, and all the causes which affected them, really , really annoying.

Barbie however, is a construct whose sole purpose is to instruct at a very subtle level, that females ought to aspire to living her plastic dream. The hell I say! No notion could be more horrific to me!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Here are my girls!

Sophie, the darker one...is my real banana thief! She is a baby in this pic, but later her colours changed and she got her little dark 'bandit' mask.
jacy

edit on 22-2-2014 by jacygirl because: more to say

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

angelchemuel

That's cody code for nookie...saturday afternoon you know what....or he might actually be going for a kip....sorry nap....that's sleep

Rainbows
Jane

LOL Knowing Cody as we do I say it's code for nookie.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I miss mine!!!!

Soooooo precious!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

AWE!!!

Your ferrets are gorgeous!

Hell Night Star! So are your ferrets! EVERYONES FERRETS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I agree with you there True!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No wonder your badger is eating us out of house and home of bananas...he needs to put some weight on

What a cute face..... full of "What me?" expressions!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Re: Barbie
Now don't hold back True, tell us how you REALLY feel! (lol)

I agree. Of all the couples that I know, the happiest (and most in love) were my 'plain' friends. I believe that is because the man fell in love with the real woman, not just her looks. Being attractive can be a burden...just like having a lot of money. You're never quite sure what the motives are behind the relationship. A lot of people are looking for arm-candy, to validate their own self worth.

But I have to admit....when my girls were small, and there was a room filled with Barbie paraphernalia....we had some happy times. I still occasionally take a stroll down 'Barbie Lane' when I'm in a store, lol....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My sister is the only person I know, who got her Barbie stage out of the way in style. When she was little, she would simply pull off their heads, and make them look like corpses! Shes a bit of a winner!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Right, now that I have managed to stop ma greetin'!!! (crying) I'm in the mood to celebrate!!!

So, In honour of Scotlands magnificent piece of jammy "get out of jail" drop-kicking glory!
Here's me and ma wee pal...In our kilts! (See jacy... it IS true!! LOL)

and I just HAVE to post pics of ma boys all kilted up too!!
So, here's Callum, my eldest, when he was about 3?

and Wee Dougie at about the same age! (AND in the same Kilt!)

ALBA GU BRATH!!

Now... back to the England/Ireland game....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Ummm.....I painted some up to look like KISS, lol.
I know, I know....such a rebel....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

jacygirl

....Being attractive can be a burden...

Indeed it can jacy, sometimes a very heavy one, but I am doing my very best to cope!

Thank you for your concern!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

What mirror on my shoe?

Och laddie, ye're a sight for sore eyes!

*hears bagpipes in the distant air....holds up disposable lighter.....swaying to and fro'.....*

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join