It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Nah....I'm sure you still have the best inventors and out of the box thinkers in the world!....but lets not start on that looooong list of things the Scots have given the world, I'm sure everyone here are pretty much familiar with them.

I just wish somebody would come out of the woodwork and take Salmond on about your Independence. Somebody with a real set of balls. I'm convinced he was persuaded to come out of retirement to head up the yes campaign to make sure it fails....what the No campaign wouldn't see coming is if somebody else stood up for the yes campaign but ran with the ball the whole 9 yards and win it for you....Westminster would be crying in their over priced corn flakes! If it's a yes win, then Scotland have an election...out goes Salmond in comes the 'rogue with cojones'......
Scotland can make it alone.......

That's enough politics from me.....Scottish Independence is something I feel very passionate about, and they are being given a once in a lifetime, never to be repeated offer to set up a whole new set of paradigms on how a country should be that again comes full circle to the inventiveness of the Scots!......

They have the basic building blocks...
1. Best education system in the world
2. best healthcare system which embraces complimentary/alternative medicine.
3. best legal system in the world.
4. loads of natural and eco friendly resources.
5. a population who have PASSION to make things work.

OK, OK....I'm done....otherwise I'll weep....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

And do not forget the obvious! It is a premier location for the creation of concoctions, which produce inebriation in those who partake! Not to mention being a place where anything that has lived or died, can be deep fried, and served with chips and pickled onions on the side!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hence their first class health care system

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Back home spice rack up

Today I have a huge dilemma and a test on my loyalties. Ireland v England.

Wales were phenomenal last night a pleasure to watch

I'm second generation Irish on my dad's side, and I was always torn, until I worked over there, going over as a tourist .........great lovely people..............going over to work...............A bunch of English hating bastards.At least the one I was working with were.

Dilemma solved

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Cody

May I refer you to my post from last night??? (see below)
I trust that you had a.... nice evening?

After wining and dining Mrs C, watching the rugby (She loves rugby) a very pleasant time was had thank you very much. As will be today for spice rack related inventiveness and no doubt tomorrow as it is our wedding anniversary.

I'm gonna be knackered

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I am a many flavoured Celt

But I identify far more with the Welsh than any other corner of the UK, despite never having lived there. My grandfathers were both Welsh, and I love Wales. I loved camping there, and going there on holiday when I was a nipper. I loved it so much, that when we got across the bridge, and were across the border, I would get my father to pull over, just so I could go find the nearest source of natural rock, and hug it and give it a kiss.

I have never been a particularly sensible chap though!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
@ Night Star

My sis is basically crippled from surgery to her legs that went belly up, she was on crutches but that destroyed her elbows, she's been in a wheelchair for about 2 1/2 years and then at Christmas she stunned us all by getting up walking (Well shuffling) over to me and giving me a hug. I literally cried with joy.

Unfortunately the elbow problems returned and she has had to have surgery in order to keep the use of her arms, how the hell she finds stuff to smile about I'll never know. But smile she does. She truly inspirational to all that know her.

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You should have said your ancestors were Welsh....work problem solved

Congrats on your wedding anniversary....you lucky, lucky peeps! *throws confetti in the air!*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

South Wales then?....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Cornish/Irish here

I love Cornwall with a passion and would move home in a heartbeat if there was any bloody jobs that paid a 1/2 decent wage and spend my weekends at sea as often as possible catching lobsters for the sheer fun of it.

There is a red post after you enter Cornwall and like your good self, my dad would stop and we (my sis and I would give it a hug)

You should have seen the wife's face when I took her there for the first time, She thought I'd finally lost the plot, I told her of the tradition .................. One post hugging wife.

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by cody599

You should have said your ancestors were Welsh....work problem solved

Congrats on your wedding anniversary....you lucky, lucky peeps! *throws confetti in the air!*

Rainbows
Jane

Many thanks Jane

I can't remember if it's 7 or 8 years, but it's somewhere around that I think

The time just flies by

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Okay, I'm sorry for lurking!
How about I make everyone breakfast?
I brought Canadian maple syrup for the pancakes.

*frantically opening drawers in Jane's kitchen*
*lining up plates on the counter*
"Coffee! I need coffee stat!"

It's chaos...absolute chaos. I've missed so much...
*sigh*
jacy

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

angelchemuel
So where is True tonight?
Wish jacy would stop lurking...
And as for Tsu....my fellow Dragonette......I dunno....
Rainbows
Jane

You(s) need to get a band together!!!

Ladies And Gentlemen....Put Your Hands Together For...

The DRAGONETTES!

lol...
I have this song on my ipod...it's called, "I Get Around". (no comment)
jacy

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Serdgiam,
I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. You are much too young for such pain.
People who don't suffer with chronic pain just don't understand what it does to you.
There were times when I just wanted to die.
Now my whole world has changed, it's very limited.
I don't want to go on about myself here, I just wanted you to know that I did read your posts and am sending you a 'cyber hug'!
jacy

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Calm down girl...sit down, I'll make you a brew....no brekky required...it's lunchtime here

But seeing as I've just made egg and bacon butty for my lunch...would you like one?

The Dragonettes...what a find! Thank you!

Tsu!!!!!....Cover version coming up....but you'll have to dress like Dolly and I'l be.....erm....ummmm....Cher????

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I've just had an egg and bacon butty as well *Hi 5*

Tsu!!!!!....Cover version coming up....but you'll have to dress like Dolly and I'l be.....erm....ummmm....Cher????

*Pulls up chair, opens popcorn*

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Hi Jacy

*Blow a kiss*

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
@ Gordi

Good luck in the rugby bruv

For the first time in my life I'm supporting Scotland

What have you done to me ?

Cody

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I have a bit of both ends of Wales in my construction. My family name originated in North Wales as far as I can work out from historical research.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

There is something about being where you are from, which is more special and more nourishing than any other experience! When I am in Wales, amongst the valleys and the mountains, under a grey sky, or even inside a low hanging cloud, I feel complete, like a puzzle piece which has been too long seperated from the image from which it came.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join