It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valentine Greetings

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Tsu322
reply to post by angelchemuel

I know, he's so romantic.

What thread are we thinking of?

edit on 1922014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

There....sorted it for you...

This thread my dear....trying to come up with something to ad to Valentines Greetings as a title.....hopefully, but not necessarily using Rainbow Room and implying valentines isn't just for the 14th!

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 19-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The first thing that came to mind was "Lust for Life'. Is that the lines you were thinking of?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Naw...I like it! But that changes the whole thing. Did you see Gordi and True's suggestions?
I've just put Valentines Greetings from the Rainbow Room into google....and the very first search came to here!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

OK, I get the idea but I'm going to need caffeine to think properly lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Coffee coming up! No rush though...looks like I could be up half the night having slept for 2 hours to get rid of my migraine duh! Just as well I got my paint!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I hate those migrane headaches which make you think it would be better to knock yourself out with a frying pan, than continue to put up with it. Of course, being no great fan of subdural hematoma, I rarely take that drastic step, but I feel your pain!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good God, I leave for a while and fall pages behind. LOL
Welcome to crappiekate or whatever the name was, sorry I don't remember. It was pages ago. Feel free to jump in any time.That's how we get to know each other.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I had no 'normal' pain killers in the house. I am loathe to take any kind of meds. However I knew this one was heading (!) to be a stinker. Anyways, I found some Tramadol I was prescribed after a major op I had last year to remove one of my neck muscles as it was causing little clots to shoot off down my arm. Tramadol is no good without a paracetamol 'building block'...luckily I found some my son had been prescribed. Needless to say the Tramadol knocked me out for a couple of hours! Far better than a frying pan

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Just as well I can't afford to go on holiday.....can you imagine the volumes I'd have to catch up on!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm not thrilled about meds either, but am grateful for some that I have. Why suffer needlesly? Migrains are sooooooo painful. Just take something when you first feel it coming on.

I try not to take the two kinds of pain meds I have. One is specifically for nerve damage, but finally I have to give in a lot of days or I'm in agony.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I just do not take medication any more. Painkillers especially. If I am in enough pain to require a painkiller, I probably also require the attention of a doctor, or an accident and emergency nurse. Other than that, I sleep it off, or just grit my teeth till they hurt worse than the original source of the pain.

I used to take medications for my asthma, and they only made me worse and got me addicted to them to the point where I needed larger and larger doses of the steriod based ones. When I realised that (when I was about eighteen) I just quit that crap, and refused to take even over the counter pain meds, cough mixtures, cold and flu remedies, or anything else. I solve pretty much everything with a cup of tea, or a shot of rum.

If it cannot be solved by either of those, then my problems are usually bigger than the sort that can be taken care of by a pill.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
@ Night....have you tried Reiki for the nerve damage? Maybe even grapefruit essential oil?

@ True....how's the asthma these days?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well, since I started smoking I have had no upper respiratory issues what so ever, that could be attributed to that cause. I had a case of what I am pretty sure was swine flu a couple of years back, but I just had a week off, during which I spent many hours in meditation, drinking tea, and not exposing myself to alterations in ambient temperature. That was enough to allow my body to throw the illness down the stairs, and elbow drop it from the top step.

Other than that I have been asymptomatic for getting on for ten years now.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer
OK, remember "Aw naw No Annoni oan Annaw Noo!"??
Well, there's a scouse (Liverpool) one too...
It's when a Liverpudlian is agreeing with you, that another person always does a certain thing, in a certain way.... So, put on your best liverpool (think...Beatles) accent... and say....

"Dey Doo Doh, Don't Dey Doo, Dey Doo!"

"They do though, Don't they do, they do!" (If I'm wrong then I blame my ex, who was a Scouse, lol)

Okay guys, just popped in to give my love to ALL of you. I've been sulking, skulking and lurking...and then I logged on this evening, to catch up. Well I started laughing. Out loud. And I snorted. (That was Gordi's fault I believe?)
Anyways....I ended up here, at the bottom of the thread...and I'm smiling. Thanks for still all being here, even if I wasn't. I can see how some people are just enjoying 'the show', lol.
Which brings me to Crappiekat: I have seen you on other threads, so we're not strangers. Just send us another post here, and join in. See? You can sulk and pout for a day and the others just keep things running! You can write in actions *running in to say hi* lol, just play along....I'm not REALLY in Jane's shed, hehe....with the tip-tap of a few keys, you can be too! (geez, inviting strangers in now....there go my prunes)...
Okay. Big LOVE to y'all,
jacy

Have a great night!
edit on 19-2-2014 by jacygirl because: cuz

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Jacy, in response to one of your earlier posts, you did miss the freshly delivered pizza...but not some of the slices
I save a couple from a vicious pizza-loving dragon that downed the majority of it.

And Night Star, the hot chocolate was much appreciated, as was all the attention on my huskies.

TrueBrit, that's awesome on the driving test!

And Gordi, I see I've earned a friendship status from you - yours should be on it's way after I get dinner going (Cauliflower Breadsticks tonight).

To all the ladies that are down for reasons unknown, I give you all virtual flowers in the color of your choice. And, you may all pet my cat or my huskies, as I won't need them to get to work the next couple days

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hiya peeps, I'm back.

I've been reminiscing on Youtube and thought I'd bring these back with me. I've seen these vids about a hundred times each but they still make me giggle.

I still haven't thought of a possible name for the thread. I'm being really brain dead today.

edit on 1922014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Glad to see you've chippered up lady!
I've got our furry one more bananas btw, and there's another bag of prunes on the shelf.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Awwww Foss that's lovely, thank you (x).
What are cauliflower breadsticks btw?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Thank you for posting Rhod...he is my fav comedian....I never tire of his luggage skit...it's classic!
Just been watching them...thank you for the belly laughs.
Did you watch the series he did where he took on other jobs? Absolutely brilliant! The ones that stand out for me were...in the army, primary school teacher, hairdresser and coach tour guide.

Don't worry about the altered thread title, I'm sure we'll get some crackers over the week end

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

He's one of my favorite comedians too, I love his silly sense of humour.

I haven't seen his work experience vids yet but I just checked and there's loads on youtube. I'm listening to 'Rhod Gilbert and the Cat that Looked Like Nicholas. I just put it on now, i'll et you know if it's any good.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join