It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was intrigued at first, but upon closer review it appears that this is clearly not one rock. It is in fact at least three rocks combining to make this illusion. Yes, the eye is intriguing if you accept that all of the rocks are one object. But it does not appear that they are. There are two smaller rocks in the lower left and then the large one in the middle and then one more to the right. Neat pic...but just rocks.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Cydonia2012

doorhandle

Cydonia2012
That totally looks like a face, infact, if you look behind it to its left you could see a long piece of rock that looks like the ruins of a building, wall or pillar. I guess Nasa dropped the ball on this one, they forgot to edit the pic properly before releasing it. I just wish they would just come out and tell us the real truth about Mars...

Umm what about that cat in post above who totally has Jesus living up his ar&e? The Vatican sure dropped the ball on that too then huh?

Man we havnt even properly visited Venus yet, let alone Titan, Europa etc...you guys are gonna love it when we go there, there's sure to be lots of looky likey things there too.

sure some of these pics are what you call pareidolia. But are you suggesting that 100% of them are? Surely you don't have proof that they are all visual phenomenons do you? I think its irresponsible to conclude one way or another. Until humans actually set foot on Mars and go without an agenda to hide the truth from the population will we actually be able to determine whether these are pareidolia or the real ruins. Until then we could argue till we turn blue.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Cydonia2012 because: (no reason given)

And what is the agenda, EXACTLY, and who EXACTLY is in on it? Are ALL of the data processors in on it? Is EVERYONE at NASA in on it? Is the President in on it? Were all past Presidents in on it. Name names and give specifics or fail, sir.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Basically we're now looking for evidence that the ancient Egyptians are from the stars and used to inhabit Mars. Or our eyes are playing tricks on us. This is not the first time Egypt like structures have appeared on Mars. That alone is curious. More proof of our Universe being based on simplicity and patterns where these strange coincidences are a mere byproduct of the universe we live in.

www.wired.com...

edit on 6-2-2014 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Unless ATS sends it own ship up there, we will never really know. Ummmmmmm theirs an idea. I wonder if we could all pitch in a few bucks and have a ATS rover built. Nothing more then a RC car with a High def camera. Land it, have a live stream broadcast and BAM. done.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

No of course, but until we do go there we are going to just have to assume they are just rocks. Just looking like something isn't enough.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

jaffo

Cydonia2012

doorhandle

Cydonia2012
That totally looks like a face, infact, if you look behind it to its left you could see a long piece of rock that looks like the ruins of a building, wall or pillar. I guess Nasa dropped the ball on this one, they forgot to edit the pic properly before releasing it. I just wish they would just come out and tell us the real truth about Mars...

Umm what about that cat in post above who totally has Jesus living up his ar&e? The Vatican sure dropped the ball on that too then huh?

Man we havnt even properly visited Venus yet, let alone Titan, Europa etc...you guys are gonna love it when we go there, there's sure to be lots of looky likey things there too.

sure some of these pics are what you call pareidolia. But are you suggesting that 100% of them are? Surely you don't have proof that they are all visual phenomenons do you? I think its irresponsible to conclude one way or another. Until humans actually set foot on Mars and go without an agenda to hide the truth from the population will we actually be able to determine whether these are pareidolia or the real ruins. Until then we could argue till we turn blue.

And what is the agenda, EXACTLY, and who EXACTLY is in on it? Are ALL of the data processors in on it? Is EVERYONE at NASA in on it? Is the President in on it? Were all past Presidents in on it. Name names and give specifics or fail, sir.

obviously I don't have names but if you believe everything your goverment tells you then I have a bridge to sell you in Arizona.

There are countless reports of coverups, did I say something totally new to this discussion? LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

doorhandle
reply to post by Cydonia2012

No of course, but until we do go there we are going to just have to assume they are just rocks. Just looking like something isn't enough.

well yes and no. Yes we will never know until we actually physically go there but you could assume they're rocks, others could assume they're something else. We just don't know.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

jaffo
I was intrigued at first, but upon closer review it appears that this is clearly not one rock. It is in fact at least three rocks combining to make this illusion. Yes, the eye is intriguing if you accept that all of the rocks are one object. But it does not appear that they are. There are two smaller rocks in the lower left and then the large one in the middle and then one more to the right. Neat pic...but just rocks.

how did you determine that the rock that appears to look like a face is infact 3 separate rocks? Can you show us a breakdown of where the 3 rocks come together to form this illusion?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Nice find. Of course there is no way at this time to be conclusive in the least, given that we cannot visit Mars to investigate, but if you look at the image with an open mind, the debris field should have additional sculpted pieces, if it is indeed a statue. Perhaps a piece of the pedestal lying just above the head, or a chunk of sculpted leg below it. Also, the type of rock would most likely be less congruent with the neighbouring stones, as was found in Egypt, sandstone in a field of granite.

It probably is just another rock, but of all the zillions of rocks being stuff postings, this one is actually interesting. Good eye!

AX
FTNWO

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Indigent
All these rock threads are just Pareidolias

People saw things before in clouds or the face of Jesus in toast, now faces in mars rocks

People may say the same thing thousands of years from now when they view the carvings on mount rushmore or dazu
. But that does not preclude them of being really old carvings...
I personally think that there was a civilization on Mars but it was destroyed many millennia ago by the explosion of the missing planet between Mars and Jupiter. Now known as the Kuiper belt

edit on 6-2-2014 by jaytmoon because: Addendum

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

jaffo

Three rocks combined? Naaahhh. Your ..... Is Just An Illusion!

edit on 6-2-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I like checking out these mars-rock threads. It’s kinda like taking a Rorschach test. I admit, though, I’m a skeptic and 99.5% of the time all I see is rocks.

I gotta hand it to you, though, cavedweller, this is definitely one of the better one’s I’ve seen. As unimaginative as I am, I clearly see the facial features in this one. Unmistakeable. No doubt about it.

Unfortunately, though, I can just as easily see a pile of rocks :-(

Nice find, cavedweller...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Using a little imagination here....

Torso (2) with spinal column (3) and neck (4) supports the head (1), and sits well on lower back broken off with buttocks protruding (5).

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Does anybody else see the other tall-hatted gent chiilin' right below Pharoah #1?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
interesting find! of course I cant say what it is or isnt, but at first thought it certainly reminds me of the Paracas Skull in another thread, but as if it were a side profile relief carving! note the sharp cheekbone area, the sunken eye and the jutting nose. Sure its probably just rocks, but whats the fun in that?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Indigent
grey man of merrick

www.wired.com...-421891

I wonder how if this can be formed naturally on earth, the best explanation for the mars rocks presented in this threads are fossils or statues and not the simpler ones like naturally formed

OMG , i just figured it out. Those earth statues really came from Mars.

Although, that is the most convincing ARKENzian rock yet.

edit on 42228America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2014 13:42:50 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by underpass61

Yah. I saw that too and thought the same thing. It's not as well defined as the main one in the OP, but similar and thought provoking as well! Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sorry OP, jumped the gun and answered someone else first. How rude of me. Great find here though, none the less. Someone else said there should be more pieces of this if it were indeed what ya think it is. Possibly there are, scattered about, and a lot buried too deep to see.? Good find! Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Oportunity Rover victoria crater.
www.youtube.com...

Sphynx like formation in Tycho Crater the moon.
www.youtube.com...

If these ever turn out to be real worked artifacts then we would have to rewrite the history of the human race and explain whom removed all traces of our past or how old are we really, they we would have to ask what happened to us or who did this to us and then we would have to ask are we safe now.

And maybe that is why they do not want us to know.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by underpass61

I created an account just to point this out, but you beat me!

I did a little processing on the image to show the lines of the face better:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join