It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Takes Picture of Pharaoh-Like Statue!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet...I did a quick search and didn't find anything though.

Anyways quite interesting indeed! This is something you'd expect to see in Egypt...EXCEPT IT'S ON MARS! Not sure you guys can write this one off as just a rock! Upon closer inspection I noticed that there looks like there are some sort of symbols on what I believe to be the hat, I can see about 5 different symbols...the only one I can really make out looks like a snake.

If you want to view the photo yourself you can find it on the right side about halfway down the image.

NASA URL
edit on 6-2-2014 by cavedweller88 because: added about symbols

edit on 6-2-2014 by cavedweller88 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
All these rock threads are just Pareidolias

People saw things before in clouds or the face of Jesus in toast, now faces in mars rocks

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I know we are all wired to see faces etc... but that is uncanny and if you look behind the first rock to the second rock it looks like a side profile of sorts... Kinda neat. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is certainly more interesting than any ive seen so far. Not so fast to say "its just a rock" on this one.

Are they planning to take a better look possibly?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

even in earth statues are made of rocks...

Just saying

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
That is exactly what it looks like to me as well!

I used to think that we would find something nobody could dispute (rock or not) eventually on Mars.... now I am sure nobody will ever agree that something is or is not exactly what it appears to be up there. I guess in the end nobody can truly know. We can look and hope and speculate though.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

Damn! Good catch!
S&F.

This is really really suspicious!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the area above the object(about an inch up if you're zoomed in) look like it doesn't belong? There seem to be rocks around the entire area except there....Just seems odd to me....

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Arken do you see the symbols I am talking about?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The way you highlighted it makes it look almost like the infamous Guy Fawkes (Anonymous) mask.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The only problem with this rock that we all can agree on "looks like part of a face" is, everything around it just looks like rocks, if it would be a part of a statue, there should be more evidence around it.

As that is not the case, we can only assume it's another case of Pareidolia.

When that is said, this whole picture is stunningly beautiful.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

cavedweller88
Arken do you see the symbols I am talking about?

Sorry not found.
please show what you point at.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by Biigs

even in earth statues are made of rocks...

Just saying

You know what i mean

This rock is not like the others

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

This was posted on the anomalies thread, on which many of these finds which later became separate threads by others have been posted. It's an awesome thread, and continues unabated to this minute.

The link to the first mention of this is below, found by Blackcat13:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then funbox, our pic and gif master, imaged it in the next post:

Then I chimed in, like some kind of chime, and leave this comment for this thread as well:

Nice find BlackCat, and nice presentation funbox (howhedothat?). It looks like that guy on some deck of cards.

This work of rock art shows how an exact angle of sun and shadow, coupled with ones own memory bank, can combine with a natural shape to form a perfectly recognizable earth image thousands of miles (how far is Mars from Earth? Two, three thousand miles? Ha, we can walk to it in a few months) (lol) from "home". I like the eye, eyebrow, hat, almost everything about it. This is a pareidolia for the books, in case anyone puts together a Mars pareidolia book.

edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Above the head where you highlighted there seems to be a protruding hat like shape...on that there seems to be 5-6 symbols or what looks like symbols going vertically aligned with the nose. Not sure how to edit the pic to show you.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by Arken

The way you highlighted it makes it look almost like the infamous Guy Fawkes (Anonymous) mask.

Exactly.
Something like that. A mask of a statue without mustache.

Really suspicious however.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Aleister

This was posted on the anomalies thread, on which many of these finds which later became separate threads by others have been posted. It's an awesome thread, and continues unabated to this minute.

The link to the first mention of this is below, found by Blackcat13:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then funbox, our pic and gif master, imaged it in the next post:

Then I chimed in, like some kind of chime, and leave this comment for this thread as well:

Nice find BlackCat, and nice presentation funbox (howhedothat?). It looks like that guy on some deck of cards.

This work of rock art shows how an exact angle of sun and shadow, coupled with ones own memory bank, can combine with a natural shape to form a perfectly recognizable earth image thousands of miles (how far is Mars from Earth? Two, three thousand miles? Ha, we can walk to it in a few months) (lol) from "home". I like the eye, eyebrow, hat, almost everything about it. This is a pareidolia for the books, in case anyone puts together a Mars pareidolia book.

I'VE MISS THIS:
Thanks for bring it!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

My pleasure. The anomalies thread seems to be where "it's happening" on Mars finds lately. With funbox, Buzz, Char-Lee, and many others playing there fast and furiously, it'd be fun if you came by more often. It's turning into quite a playground as well as a fine depository of pics and analysis.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

hehe, at the moment there's an outbreak of dragons and wormy protrusion, I reckon we need a dragon killer or three , this current area looks quite dangerous

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
grey man of merrick

www.wired.com...-421891

I wonder how if this can be formed naturally on earth, the best explanation for the mars rocks presented in this threads are fossils or statues and not the simpler ones like naturally formed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join