It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone of destiny and the tuatha de danaan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Gildenel
reply to post by ElohimJD

I'm not sure about this from all the sources that I have seen the tuatha de danaan or children of Danu were chased out of Ancient Greece by forces from Syria, and are the tribe of the goddess Danu. They were claimed to be powerfull magicians.

which sources? because real mythologists and historians say they were the remains of the celtic gods after the irish converted to christianity.
just like the fairies and the saints after them. they were not magicians, they were gods reduced to powerful heroes and kings.
the irish were converted in the 6th century, most of the crap written about the tuatha de danaan were from the 13th, please explain that.

edit on 9-2-2014 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gildenel

The "Stone of Destiny" has been on my mind (on and off) over the past few months since seeing the Nextflix tv series "The Crown”.

The reason for this is because of the part about the coronation. Before watching the show I had no idea the process of the coronation and watching the show intrigued me so I did some research and found that supposedly this “Stone of Destiny” is in the chair that is used when the royalty are anointed. I found the obfuscation of the view of the anointment particularly intriguing and it raised questions in my mind regard why and I thought perhaps the stone is a talisman of some kind to facilitate possession. Why else obscure from view anointment?

Of course with such things "History became legend. Legend became myth". So how do we know if this is actually “Jacob’s pillow” or the “Stone of Scone”? They could all be different talisman’s for different things but because their description is similar people came to think they are one in the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Siege perilous?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gildenel

There is a really good video on YouTube about the stone of destiny. Only the last ten minutes tell of the stone in Scotland. Look up richplanet stone of destiny on YouTube .

I'm sorry I can't put up a link as I'm on my phone .

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
[post]originally posted by: Romuloxreturns

I had to go look up the history of the Stone of Scone... while you're quite right to be skeptical about religious artifacts, this one is interesting. I found it satisfying that it was repatriated to Scotland in the end. (wikipedia)
edit on 1-4-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Siege perilous?

Nah. That wasn't a rock. It was a chair.

...although, on a meta-level, the throne is indeed a great siege perilous.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Siege perilous?

I've also read some descriptions of it as being stone. And the function seems similar. Sitting on it is a sort of test of worthiness for being the king.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Siege perilous?

I've also read some descriptions of it as being stone. And the function seems similar. Sitting on it is a sort of test of worthiness for being the king.

Yeah... if you can sit up there and not get thrown off by the nobles, it proves you're worthy to be king.

...what was it that Monty Python said about strange women lying in ponds...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join