It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stone of destiny and the tuatha de danaan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The stone of destiny Is thought to have been used for centuries in the coronations of British monarchy, but it can't be certain that England ever had the stone or if it was captured it was stolen and returned to Scotland, by four Scottish students ( Ian Hamilton, Gavin Vernon, Kay Matheson and Alan Stuart.

The stone was thought to have been captured in 1296 by Edward I and placed in Westminster abbey where it was fitted into a wooden chair, which is the chair used to crown English sovereigns, but this May not be the actual stone as it is thought that the real stone was hidden by monks at scone palace.

But what are the origins of the stone, it is known that the stone originated in Ireland and was infact the coronation stone of the kings of Ireland, some legends place the origins in biblical times but there are Irish legends of the stone originating with the tuatha de danaan. The tuatha de danaan or the tribes of the Goddess Danu were driven from Ancient Greece by an invasion from Syria and the date of their arrival in Britain is given as 1472 bc.

Geoffrey Keating a catholic priest from co. Tipperary during the 17 th century wrote a manuscript called the history of Ireland sometime in around 1632 although this date is not certain it gives the history of Ireland from the earliest times until the Norman invasion. His work in book I which concerns the period before the coming of st Patrick is regarded as mythical, but these events were regarded as real by Keating and his contemporaries.

In the present edition of his work there is a memoir to Dr Keating by Michael Doheny, in which he explains why there is not much written about Keating and why his place of birth and resting place are unknown, this is not because he was unappreciated by the people of Ireland but due to British imperialism and the efforts to eradicate what was considered to be Irish barbarism.

Also the reason that much of his work is rejected is due to the fact that his sources were not available, but comparatively recent finds have shown that there is evidence for his histories.

Through the generous efforts of the archaeological and other kindred societies, Irish manuscripts, of great age and undisputed authority, have been brought to light which prove incontestably many of the disputed facts in keatings history.

Of the first names accounted in Ireland the seventh was inis flail; of the children of Danu or the tuatha de danaan who brought the stone of destiny and it is believed that there were enchantments upon this stone. There are many accounts of the children of Danu in Irish and Scottish history and may be considered mythology now, but were believed by learned people In the past. With so much written evidence why are these events dismissed out of hand, it is impossible to know without actually to have been present. It is probable that some of the magical elements have been embellished upon over time but this does not mean that they did not exist.

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.exclassics.com...
edit on 6-2-2014 by Gildenel because: Changed pics

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gildenel

Hi, nice thread! Even Alex Salmond believes the stone is a fake! The original stone, if I remember correctly, was said to be black and shiny and used as a pillow by Jacob. Pretty hard to imagine any one sleeping comfortably on the one we have now!
So where did it go?...

The SNP leader, a keen historian, is convinced that the stone, which was looted by Edward I in 1296, was a forgery created to dupe the invading English forces. If so, it would mean that the true stone – which, according to legend, originated in the Holy Land and was used by Jacob as a pillow – still remains undiscovered.

The Scotsman

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Perhaps it is the same black stone set into the Kabba that many Muslims seek to touch and kiss in Mecca? Being that Mecca is in Saudi Arabia and as such is close to Israel then perhaps its true origins lie somewhere in that region.

Legend has it that the Stone of Destiny, or Stone of Scone, was used by Jacob in in Israel and was brought to Scotland via Ireland. It was used by the kings of Dalriada at their coronations and was taken to Scone around 840AD. King Edward I removed it to London in 1296 and it was placed under the throne in Westminster Abbey. It was returned to Edinburgh Castle in 1996.

Rampant Scotland
Stone of Destiny

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Hi!

You mean this black and shiny kaaba stone???

A little coincidental perhaps?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There is also the claim that the stone of destiny is on the east coast of the US.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Jacob's Pillar Stone

In genesis the Bible describes a story where on his way home after 14 years in service to his father in laws' household Jacob (later named Israel) stopped to rest on the road home. He rested his head on a stone and had a dream. While dreaming he encountered God in the form of a wrestler, and the two of them had a match; Jacob eventually defeated his opponent and as a result He was renamed by God "Israel" (Victory with God).

After this event "Jacob's Pillar Stone" was used to coronate all kings of Israel from that point forward.

From my research into these things I have come to the conclusion that the Tuatha de Danaan; is actually a translation of the Tribe of Dan (no vowels in Hebrew or old Celtic).

Israel was under attack in the early years after the Exodus and the Tribe of Dan was hit hard in the North around 1400BCE. At that time it was recorded that the Tribe of Dan fled Israel in fear of the enemy forces "by sea towards the West".

This tribe named all sorts of objects after their patriarch Dan on route to their destination in Ireland.

Danube, Don, Dnieper (no vowels in Hebrew) rivers.

Denmark = Dan's mark

and finally these refugees arrived in Ireland.

A second wave of Israelite's arrived around 1060 BCE called the "Milesians", which were of the Jewish "Zarah" line (red left hand symbol) and descended from Zarah. These were of the royal bloodline of Zarah and they quickly subdued the Danites (tuatha de danaan) and began to rule over them.

Jeremiah (Jermoi) is the key to understanding what happened and how it all fits together.

The prophet Jeremiah is recorded in Irish historical records under the name of the foreigner "Jeremoi". Part of his role as a prophet was to "uproot", "move" and "replant" the royal bloodline of Israel. When Jerusalem was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar's forces, all male royals were immediately put to death. The princesses however were not (of the Pherez bloodline).

When Israel was allowed to return to Jerusalem after the Persians conquered Babylon under Cyrus' rule; Jeremiah was on the Earth and led this migration back to the Holy land. Upon his return Jeremiah was placed in charge of the care of the princesses' (royal bloodline of David) and "Jacobs Pillar Stone".

They move to Egypt for a brief period of time, then set sail for Ireland. Why?

Because the descendants of the Zarah bloodline were already ruling in Ireland.

In Irish historical documents Jeremoi arrives with princesses around 569 BCE (source: "The Irish Prince and the Hebrew Prophet" pg 137-145) It is at this time where the Zarah bloodline prince Eochad of ireland, and the Pherez bloodline princess Tea Telpi of Israel are married. This is how the breach was restored. This union was over the "stone of destiny"/"Jacob's pillar stone" and that object has been used ever sense to coronate all kings.

It is from this research that the conclusion can be made that the thrown in Westminster Abby is actually the Thrown of David. The "stone of destiny" is "Jacob's pillar stone". And the kings of Brittan are of Jewish royal bloodlines.

Brith = Coveneant; Ish = people in Hebrew.
Saxon = Issac's sons.

This is all in my opinion of course. It will be interesting to see where this thread goes.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

very, very interesting post.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Summary, Jacobs pillow,Tuatha de Danaan, Danmark ( add, the scotts are a blend of Judah and Dan ). Those are not opinions friend, they are the facts! Well done. You are of the privilaged few. I wish you and I could sit down together.
edit on 6-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is from this research that the conclusion can be made that the thrown in Westminster Abby is actually the Thrown of David. The "stone of destiny" is "Jacob's pillar stone". And the kings of Brittan are of Jewish royal bloodlines.

Brith = Coveneant; Ish = people in Hebrew.
Saxon = Issac's sons.

This is all in my opinion of course. It will be interesting to see where this thread goes.

God Bless,

I'm not too sure about your conclusions, although the first part was fascinating. Kenneth MacAlpin united the Scots of Dal Riada and the Picts of what is now Scotland, in around 850AD. He is said to have brought the stone to Scone, in the heart of Pictland. All Scottish monarchs were crowned on this stone.

Much, much later, in 1296, King Edward I deposed King John Balliol of Scotland and stole the stone. The throne in Westminster Abbey has absolutely nothing to do with the stone - it was stolen. I don't see how you made that connection, unless I've missed something?
edit on 6-2-2014 by beansidhe because: Layout

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is no way, in my opinion, that royals are going to be coronated on this rock without them knowing what it is and what it means. And think of all the problems it would cause if the Queen announced that she was the living representative of the Jewish House of David and ruled over the "lost tribes" of Israel.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think the true stone was actually quite small and has been confused over time, the Irish stone was said to announce a true king much in the same way the sword Excalibur (also Irish) could only be drawn out of the stone by a true king. In other words this stone would test your genetics and if you had the blood of the fay in you it would respond. Actually the ARK of the covenant was similar, if you approached it and you had the wrong genetic it would strike you dead!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Am I right in thinking that the Tuatha de Danan were overthrown by the Egyptians? As in the Celtic myths and legends.

Did you know that there is a stone in the British Museum where the carving on it has been turned to the wall- the carving is actually Egyptian hieroglyphs. It was found in a Lancashire farmer's field in the 1700s. Obviously not the Stone of Destiny but nevertheless important for British history.

And the reason that only the Egyptian could beat the Tuatha de Danan was because the Egyptans knew about the high level of technology that the T. de D. were using and could counteract it with their own.
In fact T. de D. were using a device that could reanimate dead soldiers-just as is being experimented on in USA rght now. As in Project Phoenix and Ember.

Nothing new under the sun eh???

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

I would be interested in what you have on the stuff in your post.

I do not believe that Europe and the ME/India weren't in strong, solid trade contacts for millenia before present. And am interested in anything that would show some of the distant direct contacts.

One thing history tends to do is misidentify ancient ethnic groups. It isn't easy piecing it all together.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Thanks, I think so many fakes were made it may be hard to tell which is the true stone, I read that one was hidden by the monks at scone palace, they had a replica made to fool the English, or the real one was given to the then current knights Templar in 1950 when it was stolen from Westminster abbey, I found a story about this will have to look it up again.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I'm not sure about this from all the sources that I have seen the tuatha de danaan or children of Danu were chased out of Ancient Greece by forces from Syria, and are the tribe of the goddess Danu. They were claimed to be powerfull magicians.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Interesting, the stone that is in the British museum does this relate to the tuatha de danaan?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Oh no, the Templars again! They keep popping up recently.
I would love it if you looked into the Stone of Destiny a bit more, it is a brilliant topic.
If you're looking for strange stones, and strange pillars in a strange land with the strange Templars - here's a good place to start:

Rosslyn Chapel

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The Kelts were (are ?) a people in their own right. There is no need to bring biblical or hebrew / islamic tales into this story at all. These were later tales which were used by the Christian church to try and explain where these northern people came from in relation to all civilisation, learning and philosophy being believed to start in Greece. Flawed thinking resulting in flawed theories.

The Kelts had a rich spirituality, the 'king' and 'his' blood being sacred and tied to the earth itself. There are stories that the true stone had a single foot print, on which the 'king' would stand and 'become' the ancient one legged, one eyed, one armed 'god', showing his mastery over duality and links to the 'wildman of the woods'.

Unfortunately, we have little written record from these times, not because the Kelts were backward or lacked intelligence simply because passed on knowledge verbally. To them everything was linked, if one were to talk or sing about an animal, this is linked to plants, colours, calender dates, stars, medicines, gods, fairies, heroes. Why write down something everyone knows by heart ?

The Kelts have been found from Britain right through to China (well those unexplained people who were tall had fair hair and wore a style of Keltic cloth that China tries to deny...). There is no need for lost tribes to explain the Kelts, in fact it may well be the case that the Kelts were an ancient people long before the hebrews and Israel.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by current93

and how do you differentiate between the celts and the picts? Did the picts not wear tartan and have fair hair?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Gildenel

But what are the origins of the stone, it is known that the stone originated in Ireland and was infact the coronation stone of the kings of Ireland, some legends place the origins in biblical times but there are Irish legends of the stone originating with the tuatha de danaan. The tuatha de danaan or the tribes of the Goddess Danu were driven from Ancient Greece by an invasion from Syria and the date of their arrival in Britain is given as 1472 bc.

dude the tuatha de danaan are myth, they were the irish gods crafted into a story combined with christian mythology well after the irish were converted to christianity.
there is no written history of the tuatha de danaan, they were gods that people made into kings, heroes and such so they could keep them around without violating their belief in god.

Geoffrey Keating a catholic priest from co. Tipperary during the 17 th century wrote a manuscript called the history of Ireland sometime in around 1632 although this date is not certain it gives the history of Ireland from the earliest times until the Norman invasion. His work in book I which concerns the period before the coming of st Patrick is regarded as mythical, but these events were regarded as real by Keating and his contemporaries.

In the present edition of his work there is a memoir to Dr Keating by Michael Doheny, in which he explains why there is not much written about Keating and why his place of birth and resting place are unknown, this is not because he was unappreciated by the people of Ireland but due to British imperialism and the efforts to eradicate what was considered to be Irish barbarism.

Also the reason that much of his work is rejected is due to the fact that his sources were not available, but comparatively recent finds have shown that there is evidence for his histories.

this is about as credible as saying the bible is all fact because you can go visit jerusalem.

Through the generous efforts of the archaeological and other kindred societies, Irish manuscripts, of great age and undisputed authority, have been brought to light which prove incontestably many of the disputed facts in keatings history.

Of the first names accounted in Ireland the seventh was inis flail; of the children of Danu or the tuatha de danaan who brought the stone of destiny and it is believed that there were enchantments upon this stone. There are many accounts of the children of Danu in Irish and Scottish history and may be considered mythology now, but were believed by learned people In the past. With so much written evidence why are these events dismissed out of hand, it is impossible to know without actually to have been present. It is probable that some of the magical elements have been embellished upon over time but this does not mean that they did not exist.

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.exclassics.com...
edit on 6-2-2014 by Gildenel because: Changed pics

this is all rubbish, its like claiming everything written by geoffrey of monmouth was true because the saxons invaded britain.
inis flail was the name the the gods gave the country, it wasn't even called that until the 19th century.

in fact there is no accounts of the children of danu in irish or scottish history, only in pseudo-historical mish-mashes of christianity and pagan stories.
lol it's impossible to know without being present but please agree with our nonsense because we believe anything even if it is wrong.
yeah the whole noble savage, celtic rebirth crap took a hatchet to my heritage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join