It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K5 Security Robot for Hire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
First: I did a search and checked new topics and did not find any mention of this; second, this will be the first time I add a link so, hope it works.

The K5 is a robot designed to act as a security guard. There are several articals about it and from the look of things it's ready to come to a mall near you. One of the articals mentions that this robot runs a program to predict crime and contact the police. The enventor wants to rent these gizmos for $1000 per month. Now I'm all for advancement in technology but, being that I've made my living as a security guard for the past 15 years I feel a bit nervous. Well, as South Park put it: They took my job! Anyways, enough joking aside, what say you fellow ATS'rs?

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I was expecting a ED209 (sentinel bot from robocop) what it actually looked like was b-9 (lost in space)

Having said that, the dalek's scared the crap out of me and they looked like trash cans, so maybe theres somthing there hehe

edit on 6-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
First they only came out at night when humans were not around.

Then they were there all the time.

Eventually they were armed, but only with tazers,

until they were armed with lasers.

Now the whole Police Force is one big Robot.

In twelve months the Big Cat Robo Officer with phaser claws is coming.

Where did we go wrong.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Cant wait for the first accidental robot on robot "incident"

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Seriously, wear a mask and hit it with shaving cream then dump it in the fountain.

Citizens may need to just shoot these things on sight right from the get go!

Of course the 'accidental' collision with a shopping trolley to knock the thing off its feet may work as well.

I can see a whole lot of American youth playing a new game called Robot clothesline.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Just what the world needs .. another tool to opress humanity ..

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

It is hard to know sometimes, whether the inventors of these bits of kit, and other drone machines, are genuinely trying to prevent horrific incidents, whether they have even thought about the possible downsides of use of such technology.

It must be hard to have a talent for robotics, and hold oneself back in the face of such terrible incidents as mass shootings, bombings, lethal robberies and home invasions, from creating something to crush crime with, that could also be used to abuse the rights of citizens and invade privacy.

I do not think that a robot like this has a place in society however. The role of security provision, ought to require massive man power and wages paid, not a sprocket wrench and a full garage.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Actually I am all for something like this if it is used for patrol and video surveillance.. Better than some roid cop wanting to do a UFO cavity search or shake you down for money. Look at it as a video camera on wheels.. Next thing something will happen and if the droid would have only been armed we could have stopped the dastardly deed from ever happening... It is coming IMO probably by 2025 or slightly later. Tech is not to be feared only how it is used and by whom... OK OK we may have a problem !

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This Tattle-bot looks like the beginning model of a Dalek

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

HEHEHEHEHE!

Tattle-bot! HEHEHEHEHEHE! I find that description freakin' hilarious!

*BZZZZ *CLICK* "Halt Citizen, your male offspring pulled your female offsprings hair. This justice is being administered by courtesy of the mall, and bought to you by Knightscope security." *CLICK*BZZZZZ (trundles off).

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Just calling it like i see's it. A roving camera that tells someone when something is wrong and that if successful im sure will one day become armed, first with nonlethal tazers of course

new topics

top topics

join