It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the genesis of life occur just after the Big Bang, almost 14 billion years ago?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by uncommitted

My point regarding the Bible is that it is a book written by Man, since Man is fallible then so must his interpretation be.

I was lead to believe the Bible shows the clear genealogy of Jesus, starting with Joseph and ending with Adam. It also shows exactly how long each one of them lived. For example it says A is the son of B, who lived 50 years. And B is the son of C, who lived 70 years. If you add up all the ages, the Earth turns out roughly 6,000 years old.
edit on 6-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

First off, I agree with you, let's not say anything other than this is a book written by men (not singular). Where I disagree is that it leads to a 6,000 year age for the planet Earth. You can read it as such if you wish, that is entirely up to you. I do think parts of the old testament may be a chronology of figures that did without doubt existed (maybe, to an extent), but to try and use it as a timeline from the creation of Earth is futile.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

To be perfectly honest with you most of my recollections of the Bible come from an early age, Sunday School to be precise. The Bible is book full of parables and in my opinion, just as with any other Holy book pertaining to organised religion, should never be interpreted in a literal sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

andy06shake

After last night’s Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham (evolution vs. creationism) debate, it seems fitting to start the day with new research from a Harvard astrophysicist that suggests the first life in the universe may have emerged just 10-20 million years after the Big Bang. This is a few billion years before most scientists believe that the universe had suitable conditions for the genesis of life. If life really did emerge way back then, and then continued to travel through space on the back of asteroids and other interplanetary debris, it would seem almost certain that a) Earth was not the home of the universe’s first life, and b) life on Earth arrived on the back of an asteroid

Did the genesis of life occur just after the Big Bang, almost 14 billion years ago?

This type of article always draws my attention. Where, when and how did the building blocks of life originate?

Do we know enough about what actually constitutes life to even ask the question and expect to be able draw any meaningful conclusion?

Your thoughts please fellow ATS members.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

I keep hoping one day people will wake up one day and realize that unless you were there from the precise moment of existence and along for the ride every second there after, all the studying and postulating in the world will never amount to absolute truth no matter what your beliefs are simply because it was not witnessed first hand.

<< 1  2   >>

join