It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Advocates Announce Creation of Full Employment Caucus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives have formed a brand new group called "the Congressional Full Employment Caucus".

Their general statement is saying they need to create 24 million jobs and put and end to the chronic unemployment and underemployment that rages on and on.

They say employment is a Human right and the current high rates are unacceptable.

Their master plan is to offer legislation and draft Executive Orders for President Obama to review.

Hmmm.

I wonder why now all of a sudden?

These same Democrats had full control and majority of Congressional Committees in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 with Obama President for two of those powerful years.

What happened way back then?

(WASHINGTON) – Today, in response to the ongoing jobs crisis in America, Representatives John Conyers, Jr. (D-Mich.), Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), José Serrano (D-N.Y.), and Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) announced the creation of a Congressional Full Employment Caucus. To end the unacceptably high rate of unemployment and underemployment in the United States - and achieve a truly full employment society - more than 24 million jobs need to be created. The Congressional Full Employment Caucus will serve as a platform and working group for Members dedicated to identifying solutions to our current unemployment crisis and advocating for legislative action. Ultimately, the goal of the Caucus is to realize the dream of a society in which every American who wants to work has the right to some form of employment. After the establishment of the Congressional Full Employment Caucus was finalized, the Representatives in attendance issued the following statement:

The Congressional Full Employment Caucus

While President Obama tries to usurp Congress’ authority by passing legislation via executive fiat, at least eight members of Congress are offering to help him along with the scheme.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, recently announced the formation of the Congressional Full Employment Caucus, saying its members would “give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign,” according to CNS News

Sheila Jackson Lee: ‘We’ll give President Obama a number of executive orders’ to sign (with video)

How many jobs will they Create?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I've always wondered how these politicians are going to create these jobs they say they want to create.

You can't make jobs appear by saying "Make it so."

Throwing money at the problem isn't going to work. It just makes the rich richer. These politicians know this and they created this caucus to make the commoners feel good. In there minds, they win.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

I agree.

This new one must be an election ploy.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Maybe this sudden concern over the jobs crisis is over their own jobs. I'm pretty sure these pols will do anything to hang on to what power they have and their concern is self interest foremost and the rest of us as secondary considerations.

We do need drastic action in this country though but the click, click of the executive pen worries me. And having that towering pillar of intellect Sheila Jackson Lee trying to shape some of this is downright terrifying.
edit on 373am3333am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I agree.

This new one must be an election ploy.

That's what I'm thinking too
Also a diversion from the failed Obamacare

Bottom line.....it's all about THEM and what they'll say/do to get re-elected
It's not about the people

I just hope the people in their districts are wise to their ploy

Just vote for 'The Other Guy'!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

It must be another "shovel ready" project.......how did that turn oout last time btw?

Oh ya hundreds of billions spent, and a couple thousand jobs at millions per job.......just a complete waste.

Why not just give the people money and get it over with?

I know, just give every American $50,000 a year just for living, and all our problems will be solved.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Your being smoked.

Think of a smoke screen or a magic trick.

You are all seeing the 'Unemployment Issue' That is what they want you to see.

What you should be looking at is.

Their master plan is to offer legislation and draft Executive Orders for President Obama to review.

What you have here is Congressmen saying it is OK for the President to issue Executive Orders and bypass Congress.

That is what you are not supposed to notice but they do want you to get used to the idea.

They should be charged with Treason!

The Dog and Pony show is getting serious.

Executive Orders are a no no, a big no no.

King Obama anyone?

P

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

xuenchen

How many jobs will they Create?

Hopefully at least 24 million.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

collietta
You can't make jobs appear by saying "Make it so."

Congress can create programs like the WPA or CCC. Such programs most certainly do create jobs. It's also possible for congress to create jobs by spending money on infrastructure or defense. I'm not sure why some people think it's impossible for government to create jobs.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Government creates government jobs.

Government is the antithesis to private sector jobs. If they want to create jobs in the private sector, STOP MAKING STUPID LAWS!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Watch what the other hand is doing.

Dems wanting people to have jobs is pretty funny.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Guess the democrats should not have created the care act if they were all so 'concerned' about jobs.

Guess the democrats should not have created social security if they were all so 'concerned' about jobs.

Guess the democrats should not have created medicare if they were all so 'concerned' about jobs.

Guess the democrats should not have created medicaid if they were all so 'concerned' about jobs.

Guess the democrats should not back the massive regulation state if they were all so 'concerned' about jobs.

Guess the democrats should not trying to ban guns if they were all so concerned about jobs.

The entire democratic platform are job killers that destroy millions of jobs, and billions in wealth creation.

All of the above is responsible for Americans having no job, and under employed.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

It's impossible because we...have...no...money. They won't even deem it important enough to follow Constitutional law and outline a budget for the Senate to pass and Obama to at least consider before likely vetoing it.

They can go and spend further and further into debt and thereby negate every gain they make with the new "money" while adding more doom and less benefit for the end balance, IMO.

I'd say Government is better off lowering some taxes (we have the highest corporate tax rate on Earth, save for ONE ..and that one isn't something to be happy we're right behind anyway.) and cutting the endless parade of regulation that overlaps and overdoes EVERYTHING with regs still sitting from as far back as agencies existed to have them passed. Enough!

I was raised to believe you rewarded or helped succeed in what you wanted to see while penalizing and sanctioning what you did not want to see. What does that say about us when business (those people who actually DO make jobs which last more than the duration of a make-work program) is being hit from all directions, regularly to make their life harder and harder?

You'd almost think business success and job creation were what the Government was against and wanted to see LESS of, not more.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's all part of the plan.

An amnesty bill will soon open our borders, allowing a flood of at least 33 million new people to enter this country. The vast majority of which will immediately sign up for food stamps, section-8 housing assistance, SSI disability, medicaid, free diapers, any and every entitlement that's not nailed down.

Obamacare is in place to help ensure that the middle class picks up the slack for their health care needs -- the Full Employment Caucus ensures those arriving are given menial minimum wage work on the books, which the government will then tax in an effort to overcome a massive entitlement burden.

It's another disaster in the making. The real problem being that everything the government touches, turns into pure garbage.

Just being a realist.

edit on 6-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I was raised to believe you rewarded or helped succeed in what you wanted to see while penalizing and sanctioning what you did not want to see. What does that say about us when business (those people who actually DO make jobs which last more than the duration of a make-work program) is being hit from all directions, regularly to make their life harder and harder?

You'd almost think business success and job creation were what the Government was against and wanted to see LESS of, not more.

The poor job creators have it so tough. Record income growth for that class is not enough. They need to pollute more and take advantage of employees more, so they can make MORE! Poor suckers are crying all the way to the bank.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I'm not sure what business people you know personally in the real world but the CEO/Company owners I'm still on friendly speaking terms with in the local trucking scene are anything but 'rich' people or living the high life. The owner of Trailiner is also self-insured, so among those being forced to do things against his Religious Faith as a self insured entity. The laughs keep on coming while truth really is the first casualty of any conflict.

I see the ongoing efforts to stoke race, class and social status wars are alive and well though. No additional effort needed in that area, to be sure. The bell rings and people salivate right/left or rich/poor right on que, as trained to do. (sigh)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's impossible because we...have...no...money.

The old 'we have no money' excuse. You seem to be under the impression that money is something besides sheets of paper or numbers on a spreadsheet. Money is not a scarce resource the government can print it into existence, or borrow it at extremely low rates of interest.

They can go and spend further and further into debt and thereby negate every gain they make with the new "money" while adding more doom
Dooooom, Doooom. There might be a level of debt that would somehow sink the united states, but I haven't seen any evidence that we are anywhere near it. We do have a major problem with unemployment, which is real, and here now. We should deal with it.

I'd say Government is better off lowering some taxes...

Lowering corporate taxes would make corporations more profitable, but there's no reason that they would hire people just because they have more money. Businesses hire people because they need more workers to meet demand, not because they have some need to spend money.

I was raised to believe you rewarded or helped succeed in what you wanted to see while penalizing and sanctioning what you did not want to see.
Yes, and that is why we need programs that will put americans to work, get them off welfare, and restore full employment.

business (those people who actually DO make jobs which last more than the duration of a make-work program) is being hit from all directions, regularly to make their life harder and harder?
Corporate profits are at an all time high, so I don't think that business is being seriously 'hit from all directions'. They are not creating the jobs necessary to put this country back to full employment. Government action will be necessary, like it or not.

I agree... government has done far too little in the way of job creation. I hope the full-employment caucus is successful in changing this.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I see the ongoing efforts to stoke race, class and social status wars are alive and well though.

Somehow it is class warfare if people point out that the economic system is rigged by the government to transfer wealth and income from the bottom of society to the top.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The old 'we have no money' excuse. You seem to be under the impression that money is something besides sheets of paper or numbers on a spreadsheet. Money is not a scarce resource the government can print it into existence, or borrow it at extremely low rates of interest.

18 trillion dollars is a WHOLE lot more than "excuses". It forms the hopes, dreams and life savings or retirement of 10's of millions of American citizens either collecting or planning to someday collect on the retirement and pension plans invested as no small part of that 18 trillion we have on the books as debt.

Actually, I'm very aware of how our warped and crazy economy works and that is why NO MORE SPENDING without revenue to COVER it has to be a way of life, not a dumb idea.

What we are doing now is like running all your credit cards to max limits, burn them to collection agencies and then sue and cry for the RIGHT to be issued additional credit so you can pay the bills you burned your last credit cards trying to maintain. It's not a path with a survivable outcome. To use a popular buzzword these days? It's not...sustainable.

When did the basic pillars of economic good sense become a fools game and suckers bet to follow?? I'm totally baffled by the "up is down and black is white" BS these days. Very simple cause/effect processes are questioned like it's a new theory or something ...like debt spending leading to total failure and collapse is somehow illogical rather than self evident, for instance.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No, it's class warfare when people sit back and utter bumper sticker slogans with all the depth of reasoning found in a rain puddle...like "The Rich are doing it!" or "The Corporations are evil!!". There may be truth on both statements too. However, to utter them as some solution and not merely an observation of the problems needing solved is a declaration of how shaky someone's knowledge of the nuts and bolts of how our system really WORKS..is..in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join