It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

waking up in different state of conscious

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by duesprimusvictorimmortali

First of all, let me clear things up, the things and techniques I practice have nothing to do with any religious beliefs, second, this practices do not have anything to do with imaginary beliefs, such as gods, devils, angels, fairies, aliens or anything of the sort, third, this practices reject dogma in any shape form or size.

Our mind is a product of its times, and the induced behaviors of our society, families and personal experiences shape and define the boundaries of our actions, and beliefs, our consciousness on the other hand, could be defined as the the software that allows said interactions to take place, consciousness is being aware that we "are" something different than other beings, some states of awareness can be described in their interactions as intuition, or vibes , and sometimes as insights about places and people, the thing is that our everyday life is filled by interactions that take away all of our attention, our jobs and entertainment, our personal machines and the like take away all of our attention.

the basis for altering our states of mind rely on being smart spenders of the few energy we have, when I refer to energy I mean the thing that allows us to be alert and operational during our waking hours, sometimes we have more and feel well rested, sharp and usually in better moods, sometimes we have less, and accomplish very little during the day, and feel rather down in the dumps and usually postpone activities that we usually do.

Being in physical in shape, loosing the vices, ignoring bad company, and in general taking care of our bodies help out as well, and are key in beginning to understand the process of developing a strong will.
Because getting into the altered states is easy, the hard part is maintaining it for significant periods of time, long enough to be actually useful for something other than the anecdotal value.

part of the secret is loosing the superfluous, cleaning up our minds and bodies, and in general changing our lives to be more efficient, so we can have a surplus of energy to attempt other things, for example, when asking for a job, 99 outta 100, people are going to give the job to the one that looks cleaner and more qualified, instead of the ones that look messy and unprofessional, or going somewhere and being given service first in restaurants, or as simple as you not being the one mugged in a back alley, of course if one takes unnecessary risks, things are bound to happen, but then again judging an unnecessary risk also takes a surplus of energy...

Everyday life changes, things become clearer, you get less depressed, and generally fare better in over all terms.

The techniques are easy, our wills like muscles can be trained and strengthened, the hard parts are taking the first steps, and rearranging our lives to allow that extra to become a part of our realities, that little bit alters our perceptions, and suddenly we become much more than the sum of our parts!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

you are on to something!
those insane and useless comments from the mind describe our reality, and reinforce the programming we have received since our infancy, part of the process is silencing the mindspeak without putting our minds in a blank state, but remaining operational without the words describing our every actions!

That in itself is an altered state of mind! the key and the door!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Oh yes, that may be a part of aging. Because when we are young we have not yet let in all the worldly troubles to our mind, they have not gotten their grasp yet on our reality, our emotional perception. Given the right situation - the adequate instance is raising a child or animal in an atmosphere with love and nourishment. In these cases when first introduced to the world a being with the mind chemistry of a person or dog will create natural Dopamine. Dopamine is the exact thing which puts a being in an almost trance of motivation and living well being. Naturally, when we are young it is in a sense like a doped out dream state of consciousness. Literally, blocking out all negative vibrational energies and feeling the true energy of what is behind consciousness.

Through the time of trying to achieve success most people will run into obstacles. It is important to realize that these are sociological obstacles and exactly how important these types of things are. It is absolutely essential and programmed into our being to have human connection in order to produce Dopamine. Nourishment can produce Serotonin which is good but Dopamine is produced psychologically - it comes from dreams, anticipations, aspirations, and most of all human connections as in friendships and relationships. So when these obstacles happen it literally removes the Dopamine from a person, and literally they cannot feel internal pleasure. Different from depression, it immobilizes the functionality of a human being physically and psychologically, but possibly leading to depression and altering Serotonin levels.

Remember our thoughts are usually based upon something that we have learned before, and who did we learn it from? The history books? They will all be changed soon in the future.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

True. I know people who as soon as they are proven wrong their first response is to get very angry and yell and if you don't yell back they consider themselves the winner. Not right or wrong just the winner. Many people simply don't like thinking.

However I've noticed what seems like thinking to me may seem like intuition or luck to others. I have what I feel is a constant reassurance in all aspects of life and when I use intuition/thinking its always there but if I make decisions using my ego then I start to lose that reassurance and make more poor decisions. The decisions vary from where I will place my foot in the next step to major life decisions. But I agree that at this point for me it's just normal thinking.

The experience I had in the OP is an experience I occasionally had as a child also. The way I thought back then was so far removed from that state of consciousness that I attributed it to a smarter version of myself from the future. But I've noticed the change in the way I think now and it gets closer and closer to that altered state as I get older and learn more. I still think of it as communication with my higher self but unlike when I was young I now see myself as having an active part in this communication. That's the evolution of my thought process. What I once called intuition is now thinking.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I'm not into ascended masters either or anyone claiming to be or worshiped as a prophet of some sort. I don't even look at videos or information connected with them. But ascension is the best word I can find to describe what I seek. It seems our views on god are different so their isn't much I can say on that. My god is a conscious force that permiates everything in existence and experiences itself through us. I feel good and bad has its place and is loved regardless. I once read that god dosent perceive in terms of good and evil only in experience but humans do so if you fear the consequences of being evil you damnwell better be good. That's how I see it for the most part.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Do you not think of this consciousness as an entity? To me, Father is that consciousness. His will is the Holy Spirit. His image (like mental images) are the Son.

That said, the trouble I have with your opening premise is not any fault of yours, but of my own -- I have trouble differentiating Father from The Holy Spirit.

Where does consciousness end and will begin? Is consciousness willed, or is will, willed, or do they exist mutually together and inseparably?

Then you have the image / light / body of the image...

Is consciousness consciousness if it does not create an image?

Is a thinker a thinker without a thought?

This is why I think you cannot separate the trinity and it is why I called myself a spiritual baptist.

You can distinguish but you cannot separate.

So my rebuttal is how do you separate consciousness from the body or spirit / will?

And is it spiritual growth or growth of consciousness which you are doing? Is it growth of consciousness, growth of will, growth of body, or all three? Is your brain / light / image not reshaping based on your spiritual growth?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I know what you mean by wordless thought and i would say its that times ten. when i was in that state i had to put as much effort into thinking in words or pictures as i would reading a book in a normal state of mind. i think without words when I'm alone but usually when i get around people i start to use language again. another thing i am doing is thinking without time. there were times when i would go a few days without checking a clock or date only to look at one and realize the whole week has gone by its quite a strange experience and i was surprised buy how much my perception of time changed. I've read somewhere that our biological clock is based on our perception of time and not the actual time. so when we are having fun and time seems to pass by fast we are actually aging less than someone who experiences the perception of more time. I've chosen to consciously accept this belief as true and see where it takes me.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

i agree and am aware of what you speak of. i think once we are able to see past the things like society history and culture that shape so much of our beliefs and disregard them we can access our true potential. thats what i have done. as of right now i have no history or culture and societies beliefs have no effect on me so i may as well be an alien, time traveller, or citizen of a parallel reality. the point is i have created a blank slate. with the body as my avatar i see the mind as a computer that chooses which reality we experience and beliefs are like programs you download to customize your experience. i became consciously aware of the beliefs that influenced my thoughts a few years ago and have been taking out and adding new programs to customize my life and so far I've got some pretty cool results. everything is like a game and my purpose is to create the coolest character i can and then see how it interacts with reality.it really put your perspective on life on a different level. I'm more removed from reality but I've also noticed that my interactions with people are changing for the better and new opportunities are being presented to me. but i still don't think most people grasp the idea of how radically we can change reality. i for one mean to take this as far as i can. through astral projection and lucid dreaming i already know anything is possible from a nonphysical perspective but i want to know how much is possible in physical reality. i have a feeling its way more than most think.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I've never read the bible so i can't express my ideas in that way. no other belifes relate to my own so i only go of off what I've experienced and the beliefs I've decided to accept as true. i see myself as a immortal entity controlling my body to create a certain experience. i can only experience eternity through my on perspective so I'm never worried to much about what other beings (who i can't even prove are anything other than a figment of my imagination) think or do. i think once we realize that through out the experience of eternity the only perspective that have and has ever mattered is our own we realize that we are god after all. so to love ourselves and the things we interact with is to love god and when we experience the external loving us back its like god is loving us back. i believe this process is played out from every possible perspective and that creates individuality.

i find that whenever i go into detail i start to loose perspective and get caught up in unnecessary thinking. to me what matters is the experience and awe of it all.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's good you bring that up. Because I talk about psychology but I cannot deny the truth. I don't care about what society thinks about me, but I do care about society and there is a big difference. We know they are full of judgement and every time the judgement is wrong. The soul wants connection but connection is not possible in today's society. So even though I don't care about what a person thinks of me, it still hurts to see someone lie and to see the apathy.

About the astral reality. That is amazing because I also know it is there. The most amazing thing is that it is a timing thing, you will have a coincidence but there seems to be no control over it. The best 'magic' seems to be the least willed magic. You have to be connected, but we don't appear to be the creator of it. It is the language of the spirit, a language humans do not know.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Very intriguing thanks for the description. I find a lot of this applies to me, most notably the thinking without time part. How do you integrate it into society, especially in more conservative areas?

I have had time stop more or less for months at a time or more, even. Do you think it can affect aging?
edit on 17amMon, 17 Feb 2014 02:00:10 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join