It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for million missing Iraqis...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEXone
Theres plenty of blood on Bush's hands as well as every other leader in this world, but don't be so biased in your vewing of the truth. Your hatred of Bush and American foreign policy blinds you to the other more terrible things people like Saddam did and still do to the people of earth.

Exactly! And that is the point for hating US foreign policy. Saddam, the Shah, Israel, Saudi Arabia, the Taleban, Pinochet, the Khmer rouge, Osama bin Laden, etc, etc, all these terrorists, dictators, warmongerers, killers, torturers, and diggers of mass graves did it on the behalf of US powermongering...

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEXone
You also state that thousands of civilians have been killed in Falluja, yet the red cross recently stated that only around 150 families remained in the whole city. Look at the big picture, be a little objective, don't just twist the facts to fit what you already believe about the war

I agree with some of your statement but by the Red cresent itself the account of the families in fallujah does not match what you posted.

IRCS providing assistance to 3,500 refugee families outside Fallujah right after the attacks to the city.

About 2,000 civilians visit food distribution site set up by US-led forces near military base in Habbaniya town, near Fallujah. Refugees living in old military housing next to base.

These are two diferent camps.

Kuwaits Red Crescent Society said that it is planning to bring aid to 2,000 families remaining in Fallujah and some 150,000 people in makeshift camps around the city hopes to send first convoy on Tuesday (November 16). (Monday, Nov-15-04).

So about 5,000 actually did not join the the 150,000 that left the city prior to the attacks.

Now the city population was about 250,000 before the attacks.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I knew Saddam got that rumored stargate working. He said "can't, too scared" when his aides told him to use it when the US went in.

Seriously, it is troubling the amount of genocide he casued or let happen during his reign. I'm sure the ultimate numbers, when fully documented will be staggering....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
So i raise the same question to you again. Was it ok that Saddam was killing his own people, and should he have been left in power to continue doing that?

We took over where Saddam left off. Simple. At least if Saddam killed them, it was their own killing them.
I can see where we'll pay big time for this invasion. Then most will wish they had given this criminal invasion some thought.
We're there for the oil and sheer arrogance, not to bring a democracy that will never come to fruition.
Hell, do we have a democracy here???

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Posted by Seekerof

No, this is not a topic that will delve into the reasonings behind why the US and Coalition went to war against Iraq. What I wish this topic to delve into is the sheer numbers of the atrocities committed by this one regime.

Can't always get what you want.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Djarums
So i raise the same question to you again. Was it ok that Saddam was killing his own people, and should he have been left in power to continue doing that?

We took over where Saddam left off. Simple. At least if Saddam killed them, it was their own killing them.
I can see where we'll pay big time for this invasion. Then most will wish they had given this criminal invasion some thought.
We're there for the oil and sheer arrogance, not to bring a democracy that will never come to fruition.
Hell, do we have a democracy here???

I am so sick of this crap! Stop comparing the US to Saddam! The US is doing it's best NOT to kill people and to promote a democratic government in which NO ONE will be killed by the government for political reasons.

By your logic, we should have left Hitler in power. After all, he was killing his own people right? That way it wouldn't be us doing it. Same thing in Moguadishu (spl?) - after all, it was just Adid killing his own people. But wait - that was a CLINTON # up, so it was OK.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
By your logic, we should have left Hitler in power. After all, he was killing his own people right? That way it wouldn't be us doing it. Same thing in Moguadishu (spl?) - after all, it was just Adid killing his own people. But wait - that was a CLINTON # up, so it was OK.

And by your logic if we don't stop our war happy president Iraqis are going to keep dying in the name of Mr. Bush democracy.

But in your eyes is ok because they are going to be free, and yes they will be free alright onces they are death, because is in the name of democracy.

Do don't get it democracy is killing people in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by American Mad Man

And by your logic if we don't stop our war happy president Iraqis are going to keep dying in the name of Mr. Bush democracy.

How typical - Liberals never answere a question - all they can do is try to attack some one. Democracy is not killing any one. Bush is not killing anyone. The reason people are dying is because of an insurgancy by a small minority of people. Many of these people are not even Iraqi's, but are muslim terrorists. But wait - i forgot - there are no terrorists in Iraq...My bad.

But in your eyes is ok because they are going to be free, and yes they will be free alright onces they are death, because is in the name of democracy.

No. It is OK for the insurgents to die. It is not OK for civs to die. Bush and the US military try to avoid this at all costs. People die in wars - that is a fact. People who shouldn't die often do - it's sad, but it is going to happen.

Regardless, the US will make that country better in the long run. Will some people die in this process? Yes they will. Will the MAJORITY of people be better off as a result of Bush's actions? YES!

Do don't get it democracy is killing people in Iraq.

Democracy is killing NO ONE! People are getting killed because of insurgents and terrorists. If they would stop attacking us, we would fix everything we have destroyed, help Iraq install a democracy, and get out. We can't do that because Islamic extremists are trying to take control.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Great. Another Iraqi numbers game with zero proof for anything concerning it.

Wake me up when they find them all.

Do you actually mean the fake number that is being told of 100,000+ of Iraqis that supposedly were killed by the coalition and that are based on assumptions and on the total death in Iraq even those by accidents, natural deaths ect?... Ya we know that . There is no need to bring that up now....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Call me what ever you feel like it still you are blind by your God ridden president blame it on the insurgents and anybody else if that makes your soul feel better but the truth can not be denied people are dying in Iraq, women children and anybody that does not want Mr. Bush holy war.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'am with Marge --like usualy-- on this one. I want to see physical proof of these attrocities commited by Saddam Hussain and his brutal dictatorship -- no qualms there, the man was Brutal; or, so I have been told to believe.

Not to be confrontational, but where are these "MASS GRAVES".

1 million Iraqes missing? What about all those Iraqies that were killed in the "FOOD-FOR-OIL" fiasco - a fiasco that the UN carelessly observed and led to it's inherent corruption.

Unless on can ascertain that Saddam was responsible for the deaths of all those missing Iraqies, it's ignorant to coincide it with mass executions and other attrocoties.

Also, one more question: Why did the U.S. not act when "Human Rights Watch" were raising the issue of attrocites to it's government then?

Deep

[edit on 22-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amazing that they are able to talk about millions of iraqis missing but US since the war has not taking any interest keep track of the "causalties" count of civilians, the only count is the one in which injured die in the several hospitals around in the cities.

Wrong, the counts which are most reliable come from morgues, hospitals and other verifiable sources...not from "assumptions" on how many people have died. It is possible there are other deaths resulting from the war, a total count with reliable numbers can not be reached meanwhile there is a war going on.

The fact is that the 100,000+ deaths that some sources are reporting are not verified, and even the original source of this figure says that in this number it is included the number of people dying in "Iraq" by accidents, natural deaths, etc.... The northern region of Iraq and the south are relatively free of violence, yet I am sure people die there too.... Death is a certainty even in times of peace.

Now to see some of the things that Saddam and his sons did there is the following link among others.

www.geocities.com...

The above link also includes on it's second page a short account of Iraq's past since 6000 BC until 2003...

Now, in an interview done by Muslim journalist Said K. Aburish, who made many interviews of Saddam said

Saddam will spare no effort to reach his goals, and "if that means eliminating 50 percent of the population of Iraq, he is willing to do it."

Excerpted from.
www.geocities.com...

The above link has several pages of information dealing with Saddam's genocide.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Also, one more question: Why did the U.S. not act when "Human Rights Watch" were raising the issue of attrocites to it's government then?

Deep

[edit on 22-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

Perhaps you should ask Clinton about that. He was in power for 8 years in the U.S. and did nothing, he actually agreed with the UN sanctions.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Muaddib: those links you provided just gave is information we already knew. The article regarding Iraq's history has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and if you are concerned about perserving the Middle Eastern's antiquity and enviroment, that's fine and dandy, but remember, the west is also tearing down forests the world over, adding to the problem of global warming at an alarming rate...

I still have not seen any physical accounts of these attrocities, only "Accusations".

Deep

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I still have not seen any physical accounts of these attrocities, only "Accusations".

Deep

I will only post one example and WARNING (VERY GRAPHIC)
people of Halabja who on March 16th, 1988 suffered the worst chemical attacks committed by the Iraqi regime. On that day, 5,000 innocent civilians, 75% women and children, immediately perished. This was not the only chemical attack ordered by Saddam, it was just the worst.

Tons of pictures of mass graves by Saddam

Edit..... Add links

[edit on 23-11-2004 by REASON]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join